The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Cor_sl

shitlord
Have they still not announced US launch bundles?
Euros have Killzone, camera and extra pad bundle for the same price as the Xbone. Although that Xbone comes with FIFA or Forza in Europe.
I don't know. I'm a Brit myself and I haven't paid much attention to the US bundles.

The UK ones didn't look too good to me, anyway, mainly because I have zero interest in Killzone. I'd probably consider getting that camera + extra controller bundle if there was a different game in the box.

Shabado_sl

shitlord
I picked it up on the basis that pads are going to cost ?55 and I'd be buying an extra anyway.
I'm sure I'll get enough out of killzone and the camera to justify the 25 quid extra.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Have they still not announced US launch bundles?
Euros have Killzone, camera and extra pad bundle for the same price as the Xbone. Although that Xbone comes with FIFA or Forza in Europe.
US isn't getting any of that stuff, I don't think there's anything left to announce. Sony's was a reaction to MS's FIFA move.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Can't wait for the inevitable PS4 launch lineup defenders, the same people who blasted the Wii U for it's launch lineup. Every console's launch lineup has sucked for the last decade.

Note: Still planning to buy a PS4 over Xbox 1, because it's launch lineup is shit too. Sticking with PC/Steam for the next 6 months of cross platform games is sounding better and better.
It is definitely alotmore anemic without Watch Dogs and DriveClub, I'm still all in on buying one though. Killzone + Knack + Black Flag for November is more than enough games for me to play. Plus free Resogun and Contrast.

It might be a dull January, but February should be pretty huge (almost always is).

Updated launch list here:PlayStation 4 Launch Titles - PlayStation 4 Wiki Guide - IGNThere's actually a fairly wide variety of stuff (32 games), but mostly not things that I would buy.

spronk

FPS noob
gamestop is apparently going to sell a 1 year PS+ card for $30 (regularly $50) on black friday, so can stock up on those. amazon usually price matches the good black friday sales so you don't have to fight hordes of smelly gamers

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Still not sure what game to get. Going to be pretty shitty to have a PS4 and nothing for it and I don't want to buy a game "just because".

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Honestly, when i look at the launch line up - the only games im interested in now are DR3, Forza, and KZ. I guess its a good thing really so i dont end up buying like a ton of fuckin games suddenly in 1 month. However as it stands now i have more interest in my xbone than PS3. FF15 being multiplatform almost killed my ps3 all together but Deep Down still intrigues me.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well for me choice is easy, I look at the launch lineup and I'm interested in nothing. Even the shit announced for early 2014 doesn't seem super appealing, I'm curious about Watch Dogs and shit but that's not a console buying game for me.

Fyro

Golden Squire
I am getting a Xbox one simply to play BF4. Sure you can play 24 players on Xbox 360, but the Xbox one and Ps4 will have 64 players on console. That is enough reason for many to upgrade to the next gen system.

Probably won't buy another game until Destiny is released.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I am getting a Xbox one simply to play BF4. Sure you can play 24 players on Xbox 360, but the Xbox one and Ps4 will have 64 players on console. That is enough reason for many to upgrade to the next gen system.

Odd to spend $100 more for a system that does both games you mention worse. (Slightly in the case of BF4 - and missing out on content in addition to any gameplay quality differences in Destiny)

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider

Wait... 64 players on console but not computer? Surely there will be hacked PC servers the same day the game is out....

DMK_sl

shitlord
AC 4/COD/ FIFA 14 will tie me over the first month or two. Cod usually gives me a solid month or two. Probably get Ryse just for shits and gigs. I gotta say with Watchdogs out of the picture the launch titles are extremely under whelming.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Just cancelled launch day PS4 pre-order. Will buy it eventually, but there is literally nothing for about 3-4 months post launch that interests me. Same for Xbone.

Fyro

Golden Squire
Lol. I am not getting pulled into a Ps4 / Xbone debate.

I am getting the Xbox one. For multiple reasons- I know the Ps4 is 'more powerful' I just don't care. As to the Destiny comment, I have no idea about differences between the two, possibly I will research some, but I don't honestly care much. I'd gladly pay more and be on a slightly inferior system than have to use the Play station's shitty controller.

As to the other poster, yes PC will have 64 players. I don't play on PC, I play on console...

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you're worried about the controllers - you might want to research that as well.... 9-1 people that used to love the 360 controller prefer the PS4 now... literally there's no good argument for XBOne besides if you like the Kinect nonsense. Or the handful of exclusives of which DR3 is the best looking and it doesn't really look that incredible.