The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

DMK_sl

shitlord
I haven't held either controller. My biggest pain with the PS 3 controller is the sticks positioning. It feels really uncomfortable in my hands.

Hodj I have heard that last generation PS controller is FAR superior for fighting games and the Xbox controller is better for FPS's. I read in an interview that Sony really tried to focus on making the PS4 controller better for shooters.

DualShock 4's design was informed by major first-person shooter developers | Polygon

Has anyone with the same issue as me (not liking the sticks positioned where they are) tried the PS 4 controller and do the sticks feel better further apart?

I'll be buying a PS 4 early next year so it'd be awesome if the controllers really have improved drastically.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Uhh slight derail but still relevant, anyone ever use those pads they make for the tops of the analog sticks for PS controllers that supposedly allow for more precision, etc? I wanted to buy a pair but I'm afraid it's a dumb gimmick...

I forgot what they're called but when I remember I'll post the link.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Uhh slight derail but still relevant, anyone ever use those pads they make for the tops of the analog sticks for PS controllers that supposedly allow for more precision, etc? I wanted to buy a pair but I'm afraid it's a dumb gimmick...

FPS Freaks and yeah they work great. I only use mine on the right stick though for aiming. (work on 360 controllers too)

Sean_sl

shitlord

FPS Freeks are great and definitely not a gimmick.

Sean_sl

shitlord
FPS Freeks didn't do shit for me, or my buddy that I gave them to so results may vary.....
Did you use them on the X360 or PS3 controllers? I do remember that I felt they had *much* more impact on the X360 controllers than the PS3 controllers for me personally.

Fyro

Golden Squire

FPS Freaks. I tried using them on both of the 360's analog and it was difficult. I ended up using only one of them on the right stick and they definitely helped.

One issue that I have not seen (yet) and one of my main reasons for going for the Xbox one and a reason that has some validity, is the fact that I have had my live account for 8 years, playing on live on the original xbox before 360 was a dream. 8 years worth of friendships on the Xbox live service of which most of whom will continue on with the Xbox one. I realize over and over again that the Xbox is inferior, how much inferior is the question, but even with a largely, or slightly, inferior product I will still maintain those friendships.

I used to be a 'gamer,' however now, I am an adult, that only plays casually. To my demographic, I am more interested in upgrading the same service I have, rather than jumping ship to another even if it is better. Both the Xbox one and the PS4 are huge improvements over the Ps3 and Xbox 360, that is all I am worried about, not the fight for king between the two.

And secondly the controller argument, I like how the 360 analog sticks are staggered. I have not touched the Ps4 or Xbox one controllers, but I can hazard a guess that my hands will prefer the staggered sticks that they have become accustomed to over the last two generations of Xbox.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sticking with friends is another valid reason, yeah - I'd make sure how many people are staying vs defecting though - personally my gaming friendlist is all from here or PSN of which both are almost entirely going PS4 if they're moving to next gen.

But every group of friends is different.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Has anyone with the same issue as me (not liking the sticks positioned where they are) tried the PS 4 controller and do the sticks feel better further apart?

I'll be buying a PS 4 early next year so it'd be awesome if the controllers really have improved drastically.
My thumbs might get tired after a while (6+ hours) and I didn't think they were too close or anything, but the PS4 controller is a lot more comfortable to hold and have your thumbs on the sticks. Caveat; I play piano, my fingers don't get tired very easily.

Fuya_sl

shitlord
I want to see a next gen ghouls n ghost. I bet that shit would be insane with new tech. All I ask for is not to target the WiiU and then port it. I would like it to have post 2010 graphics.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I want to see a next gen ghouls n ghost. I bet that shit would be insane with new tech. All I ask for is not to target the WiiU and then port it. I would like it to have post 2010 graphics.
You're not going to see many, ifany, WiiU ports of next-gen only games.

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
What are people planning on doing with their Xbox 360 / PS3? I realize I won't be able to play my 360 games on the XB1, but I just don't think I'll ever want to go back and play them anyway. Which company will give the most money or trade-in-points or whatever? Or do you think it's best to just Craigslist it?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What are people planning on doing with their Xbox 360 / PS3? I realize I won't be able to play my 360 games on the XB1, but I just don't think I'll ever want to go back and play them anyway. Which company will give the most money or trade-in-points or whatever? Or do you think it's best to just Craigslist it?
Last time I checked the trade-in value for Gamestop on old systems is completely in the shitter like $85 - and that was a few months at least before the next gen was announced - pretty sure you'd get less than $50-60 credit barring a promotion these days.

I'd absolutely either Craigslist/Gift it/Keep it. (Keeping mine personally since there's still some games announced for current gen w/o next gen - i.e. Dark Souls 2)

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
I turned my xbox360 and all its extras in to gamestop when they were having an increase in trade in value towards ps4/xbone preorders. I dunno if I could've gotten more dough from craigslist, I can't imagine many people are out there looking for a 360 with the next gen right around the corner. I still have a closet full of crappy fake instruments.. ill probably have to pay the dump to take them from me!

I am considering cancelling my ps4 preorder and buying a new vid card, but not sure how all those trade ins would affect the outcome.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I actually like the 360 and PS3 (the newer kind, not the retarded launch ones) controllers equally. (360 has shitty d-pad, ps3 has shitty triggers). I think the concave triggers and the very tiny size bump should make PS4 just about ideal for me.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Keeping them, no reason to get rid of either of them. I prefer to collect games. My PS3 will stay hooked up since I'll still be buying PS3 games well into next year. My X360 will stay hooked up out of laziness until I buy a WiiU when X comes out and I need the space on my receiver.