The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So..you're saying that all the people you and others on this PS4ggoty thread refer to as "CoDbros" should be as mutually respected as people who play any other FPS?

I'mmma gonna let yousa mull that over.
Going through life building strawmen will not help you.

Someone is a gamer if they game. That's it. There's no such thing as a fake gamer who plays games.

As for respect, I would say that few people are respected in or out of the gaming community because of their gaming abilities.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I'venever oncereferred to them as "CoDbros", but yes? Why shouldn't they be? You're not better than someone if only play Quake or Doom. Halo, CoD, Battlefield, Gears, Killzone, etc. It's all the same shit. They're all video games.

I've laughed atDude Brosa couple times in the past (and never in this thread), but never said that they aren't gamers. You're a nerd, they're a nerd. You're not superior because you nerd out over something that isn't as popular. Doing that just makes you an obnoxious hipster.
But you said you didn't respect me because I had never played HL2.
frown.png

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
JRPG players generally dislike CoD players who generally dislike platformer players who generally dislike Madden players.

Basically, gamers are people who play games and create dumb reasons to dislike other people who play games.

CoD players definitely fit into that paradigm!

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
JRPG players generally dislike CoD players who generally dislike platformer players who generally dislike Madden players.

Basically, gamers are people who play games and create dumb reasons to dislike other people who play games.

CoD players definitely fit into that paradigm!
I like JRPG and CoD, but i dislike platforming games usually.

Szlia

If you play a single game, I am sorry but you are not a gamer. Would you call cinephile or even movie goer someone who would only see James Bond movies and have no interest whatsoever for any other film?

Not that many games have such an audience though. Historically, it was the case for Football Manager in the UK. I am not sure if it is still the case. The Sims also comes to mind. A good chunk of MMORPG players also play a single game. I suspect it is also the case for a number of Minecraft players or Farmville players. Freecell and Minesweeper are also limit examples.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I would hazard a guess that a large percentage of CoD players (focusing on xbox) are also Madden players. And that CoD players on the PC play far more than just CoD. The CoD guys -will- buy every iteration of CoD that comes out, but they will also play other online competitive games in most cases as well. Basically, the Activision guy is a dumbass, in my opinion.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Going through life building strawmen will not help you.

Someone is a gamer if they game. That's it. There's no such thing as a fake gamer who plays games.

As for respect, I would say that few people are respected in or out of the gaming community because of their gaming abilities.
A: Strawman? We're talking about respect.

B: A gamer if they game? Perhaps, but usually 'gamer' is implied 'hardcore gamer'. I don't think everyone who eats food is a foodie.

C: I don't understand your respect comment. Are you saying that few people garner fame and respect via video games? If so, this is the Fires of Heaven message board. Think about that.
If you're saying no one gives a shit about what games you play/don't play, you're obviously missing out on the billion of "THEY PROBABLY PLAY WOW" posts on this very forum.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That PS4 gameplay looks like PS3.. am I missing something?

Also, whats the mic situation for PS4? Can I still use my bluetooth headset or is it something else?

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
So i originally said there wouldnt be much of a difference in PS4 vs Xbone visuals... Now that doesnt seem to be the case. Seems like Xbone versions of most 3rd party launch titles are either no shows at press events or running at 720p vs 1080p on the PS4. Did MS really fuck up that bad trying to rush this thing out the door? I know it is harder to program for but from what i understand it has a similar architecture to the 360 with its RAM setup. MS has always been great with the software tools. It just seems this thing is half baked and needs a few more months in the oven.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Apparently with the 360, the eDRAM is managed by the actual hardware whereas the Xbone's eSRAM has to be managed by the developer. Well at least that is what I read on another forum. I am sure some of the more technically inclined posters on here could explain it better or correctly.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Apparently with the 360, the eDRAM is managed by the actual hardware whereas the Xbone's eSRAM has to be managed by the developer. Well at least that is what I read on another forum. I am sure some of the more technically inclined posters on here could explain it better or correctly.
In theory eSRAM is much faster but requires more space(6:1 transistor ratio), and I assume that speed would be the reason they chose eSRAM. As for developers managing eSRAM, that sounds like a nightmare for me. I don't think I can understand any case where I would want a developer managing memory at such a low level, and I'm not sure it's really feasible or possible.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I change my above statements. You aren't a real gamer unless you've played Halflife and all its derivative works.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I change my above statements. You aren't a real gamer unless you've played Halflife and all its derivative works.
I have a bigger crush on Alyx Vance then I do on any real life celebs.

This man speaks the truth. Gtfo