The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Northerner

N00b
What?? I've been using a GeForce 560ti for going on 3 years now and it has run every game at 1920x1080 at max settings.
Exactly the same card I keep looking for an excuse to upgrade on my home box. Looking and failing to find I might add.

If you are running multiple monitors or higher resolutions then sure, your results will vary. Still, some awfully old vid cards are still performing pretty damned well since the content hasn't been pushing it for a good while.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Amazon delivered my Dualshock 4 today. Not much to say that hasn't already been said, but it's a huge improvement feel-wise, over the DS3. I love that everything works on the PC as well, right out of the box.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Those two parts alone are the cost of a PS4, so with mobo, ram, power supply, case and monitor... the price difference fucking blows.
If your point is that a PC built three years ago could be better than a PS4 now then I think you're out of your element. If you're arguing that console hardware is better value for the cost I think you'll find no one to argue with.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Having a hard time convincing myself to not cancel my PS4. Every time i walk into my office i see my PULSE headset and shake my head.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Come join us console peasants, it's better over here

untitled_307_by_dennisk4-d6scb0d.gif

Sean_sl

shitlord
Awesome explanation of the Xbone's ESRAM on Neogaf:

Vegeta wants to fight Goku on even terms, so he's allowed himself to become a Majin for the sake of unleashing his potential. Unfortunately, he doesn't realize that Goku has already reached another tier beyond SSJ2 and is only humoring him; the Majin transformation is a dead-end that will never allow Vegeta to reach power comparable to a SSJ3.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I never understood the water drops running down the glass effect in games. It's not like you are in a car with a windshield lol.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Btw, about framebuffer sizes before:

1080p framebuffer using forward rendering and no AA at 32 bits per pixel would be ~24mb IIRC, however using deferred rendering which is far more likely would put it at the total of 2073600 pixels so at differing BPP(Bytes per pixel) we would get:

16 BPP: 31.64mb
20 BPP: 39.55mb
24 BPP: 47.46mb
28 BPP: 55.37mb
32 BPP: 63.28mb

As a reference BF3 (1080p on PC) is 20BPP and KZ:SF is 24BPP both without AA. I can't imagine Next Gen going any lower than 16BPP.
Can someone explain this eSRAM issue in layman's terms? - NeoGAF

Column_sl

shitlord
You know what really sucks is they have all these amazing PS3 games you get with your PSN membership, yet they are cockblocking you from playing them on your PS4.

I guess you could technically say the same thing about the vita games, but still would have been nice to just get rid of the PS3 completely since even the Vita is still in use with the PS4.

Also if anyone is on the fence about a Vita, you should get one now because the 2nd version uses LCD screen versus the much superior OLED of the original.

Sean_sl

shitlord
You know what really sucks is they have all these amazing PS3 games you get with your PSN membership, yet they are cockblocking you from playing them on your PS4.

I guess you could technically say the same thing about the vita games, but still would have been nice to just get rid of the PS3 completely since even the Vita is still in use with the PS4.

Also if anyone is on the fence about a Vita, you should get one now because the 2nd version uses LCD screen versus the much superior OLED of the original.
Even worse is all the PS1 classics and shit not working on the PS4 which is retarded. There's no reason for the PS4 to not have PS1 software emulation, because it is an absolute joke to run. No reason for it not to have PS2 software emulation either.

They are porting some PS3 PSN games over though. If you bought Flow and Flower you'll have them on your PS4 at launch.

And yeah, the new Vita LED does not hold up to the OLED imo and if you were thinking about getting a Vita get one of the old ones now.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Sean are you stuck only buying there memory cards for the Vita? I'm thinking about getting one in the next few days
Yep, you are stuck and it's bullshit. They're retarded expensive. I'm hoping to find a 32GB one cheap on Black Friday. Currently I just have the 8GB one which came with the Vita that Tarrant sold me and it's a bitch to micromanage.

There's also 64GB ones coming at some point, but I'm sure the pricing on those will be atrocious as shit.

Cor_sl

shitlord
The LCD Vita has around 2x~ the battery life of the OLED Vita (according to Engadget's review). Something to consider. I'd rather take the battery life, personally, which is why I'm waiting for the LCD Vita.

Sean_sl

shitlord
The LCD Vita has around 2x~ the battery life of the OLED Vita (according to Engadget's review). Something to consider. I'd rather take the battery life, personally, which is why I'm waiting for the LCD Vita.
Yeah, that is something to consider. I just would never trade the screen quality for anything. OLED to LCD loses aloton Blacks and color accuracy.