The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have a feeling watchdogs is going to be terrible.
Blasphemer! Seriously though - I've had so much fun with every open world title in recent memory, I can't imagine I'll be disappointed in it's "weird take" on the concept.

hodj: Absolutely why I'm mulling it over so much... plus I know once Destiny comes out wife will want one too, and really don't want to track down two at once whenever that comes around (plus they're quoting a beta period for it too)

[Also helps that the wife's plans to get a Birman finally have come to fruition - and are going to be free at that - was squirreling aside $1k for one...]

Sean_sl

shitlord
Really don't think the PS3 version I'm running right now looks as bad as that PS3 one - even the water detail seems off.... playing the game just a minute ago if you'd told me the PS4 image was from the PS3 I'd believe you...

Something seems off with it.

Still on the fence about cancelling though - so torn... why did Driveclub and Watch Dogs have to be delayed? >< Was a slamdunk for me with them still on the list. (Esp. w/ Driveclub for free)
Something seems off with it = Youtube encodes arefucking dogshit.

Anyways, you shouldn't be on the fence about it. There's more than enough to keep people busy through the end of the year and February will be big per usual. Buy the new toy, you know you want it!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I guess for me.. watch dogs is a first gen game, and it got delayed, and we kept seeing the same gameplay footage over and over. I have the feeling it's going to be really short and really limited - I have nothing to base this on except a hunch.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Dude even if you buy the PS4 and decide you don't want it you can probably sell it online for like $100-200 more than you paid.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dude even if you buy the PS4 and decide you don't want it you can probably sell it online for like $100-200 more than you paid.
Heh, I know myself though - won't be selling it once it's here...

Probably staying the course though the more I mull it over... am gonna have to buy a HDMI splitter though.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
There's no way the price of the PS4 is going to drop in the first year. If you know you won't be waiting at least 2 years, I don't think there's a point in delaying the purchase. Even then, you might get a version with more HDD space for the same price, or see a cut of at most $50, or $2/month of waiting. The much bigger price saving is going to come from buying used games that have been out for a while already. Great for single player games (I did that a lot with the 360), but it sucks playing multiplayer games when people already have thousands of matches under their belt and/or have moved on to other things.

I just preordered Destiny on Amazon and got my code for the beta, which is scheduled to take place in early 2014. Then the whole PS3 cloud gaming is supposed to start in 2014, which means I finally get to experience the awesomeness that is Uncharted. Honestly, I don't think there'll be a lack of content between now and the first price drop. Might as well get in now...

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This looks like a shooter that I could actually get into:Galak-Z: watch 30 minutes of the PS4 shooter here | VG247

Isn't just another bullet hell game and everything doesn't just pop when you shoot it, looks like it's pretty involved. Also, awesome aping of 70's anime and awesome bosses.

Also everyone needs to know about this game:Hyper Light Drifter by Heart Machine Kickstarter

Watch the video of it, looks fantastic.
Wow does Hyper Light Drifter look amazing.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Really don't think the PS3 version I'm running right now looks as bad as that PS3 one - even the water detail seems off.... playing the game just a minute ago if you'd told me the PS4 image was from the PS3 I'd believe you...
Something seems off with it.
If you watch their video you will be able to tell the difference very clearly. The PS4 version has that crisp edge you get with 1080p that you can never get with 720p. The gamma on these videos is terrible and every thing looks a bit overexposed. Since we are used to taking screen caps from our print screen button these images taken from a youtube video look pretty bad also not counting awful jpeg compression.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I must be missing something with that Hyper Light Drifter video...looks like a shitty Bastion with 8-bit graphics.

Sean_sl

shitlord
So apparently retail versions of the PS4 have yet to be seen and the reason is a rumored overheating issue...
PS4 overheating rumors persist | Attack of the Fanboy
Annoyed Gamer Video - Growing Concerns for the PlayStation 4 | GameTrailers
Totally unsubstantiated shit pulled out of Marcus' ass (first link actually cites him), no one can confirm that rumoranywhereand no one had even heard of it before he magically came up with it.

GT has been ultra-pissy about the PS4 ever since the hdcp and video capture issue for games (which Sony has since fixed). Marcus even goes so far as to call Microsoft embargo'ing Xbone version of game reviews until release smart and that Sony is dumb for letting reviews out early in their latest Invisible Walls episode, which is retarded as fuck. People on the whole aren't going to do separate Xbone reviews of games and release them later when they come out.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Zero evidence in either of those articles at all... Hell, one isn't even an independent source, it just sites Beer's totally unsubstantiated claims.

I used a PS4 the other day... Certainly looked and felt retail to me.

BTW for those who haven't felt it, the controller fills your hand like a nice heavy tit.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Quaid settled it, not cancelling my preorder. I want to feel like I'm filling my hand with a nice heavy tit.