The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Sean_sl

shitlord
Nice new footage of KZ in this tutorial video.

Way to repost, already linked!

Looks pretty good though, yeah. Can't wait to play it on my 60" ST60, game is going to look amazing (high bit-rate vids from the dev are night and day from youtube).

Column_sl

shitlord
So we went to 4 targets tonight in the Austin area since there everywhere.

None of them has shit in but Ghost.

The deal runs for a week, so I wouldn't run out tomorrow morning.

Sean_sl

shitlord
So we went to 4 targets tonight in the Austin area since there everywhere.

None of them has shit in but Ghost.

The deal runs for a week, so I wouldn't run out tomorrow morning.
Lot of people's Targets have quite a few things in on Neogaf, probably best to call ahead to check your own store if it's an out of your way drive. Some stuff will be in on the 12th for sure I think, but others depend on when they get their shipments in.

Will be checking mine tomorrow for stuff.

Also, a couple things won't be available at Target:

BvgduXw.jpg

Coren_sl

shitlord
They'll have it if they've got it in stock. Sony revoked all street dates on launch titles.

Also, Walmart will price match so you can go there instead.
Not exactly. Walmart's price match is pretty specific and doesn't cover BOGO type offers.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Not exactly. Walmart's price match is pretty specific and doesn't cover BOGO type offers.
Walmart Corporate - Walmart Ad Match Guarantee

We gladly match the price in the following types of ads:*
Buy one, get one free ads with a specified price
Example: Buy one for $2.49, get one free (BOGO)
Competitors' ads that feature a specific item for a specified price
Preferred shopping card prices for specific items that are in a printed ad
For fresh produce and meat items when the price is offered in the same unit type (lb. for lb.; each for each)

Looks like they pretty specifically do cover BOGO offers.

And this add is specific enough on price to get a clerk to cover it:

8wT71oS.jpeg

Coren_sl

shitlord
We do not match the price in the following types of competitor ads:
Items that require a separate purchase to get the ad price
example: "Buy [item A] to get [item B] for $C"

I think that's what they use to deny it.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Hmm, we turn them down at our store. I've tried.
Well, their corporate FAQ page there spells stuff out pretty clearly. Sounds like whoever turned stuff down was wrong. Either that or Walmart policy has changed since you last tried.

We do not match the price in the following types of competitor ads:
Items that require a separate purchase to get the ad price
example: "Buy [item A] to get [item B] for $C"

I think that's what they use to deny it.
Yeah, but the Target Dealshouldfall under the accepted ones.

Coren_sl

shitlord
Well I've already asked management at the store here and was told "No", that the language was pretty specific. Maybe I'll load up that page and take it in to try again though. (Walmart is like 2 blocks away and Target is like 10 miles, so I'd really rather do it at Walmart).

I'm pretty sure they'll still say "No" though, since the item you're getting free is a different item than the one your paying for, making it fall under the type Walmart doesn't honor.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Well I've already asked management at the store here and was told "No", that the language was pretty specific. Maybe I'll load up that page and take it in to try again though. (Walmart is like 2 blocks away and Target is like 10 miles, so I'd really rather do it at Walmart).
Do you have another Walmart? Might try a different store instead. I'd definitely load up the policy page and shove it in their face.

Though, you might want to just do it at Target since, supposedly, you can get the 30% off 2 games coupon applied to the B2G1F deal. The coupon says it has no restrictions. Someone asked a Target employee and they said it would be okay, but ymmv there.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
PS4 NA Sales by March 31st 2014: 3.2 million
Xbox NA Sales by March 31st 2014: 2.9 million
PS4 NA Sales by March 31st 2015: 5.3 million
Xbox NA Sales by March 31st 2015: 6.4 million

is this NA sales only?
add 1 mil to all if it's worldwide

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Since I am in Malaysia no target bonus for me, was hoping Amazon would put something up but havent seen anything yet.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Since I am in Malaysia no target bonus for me, was hoping Amazon would put something up but havent seen anything yet.
In the Target thread on neogaf there's a bunch of people who contacted CS and said that Amazon would be running a similar promotion starting on the 10th (tomorrow), so it's possible one will happen. Though there's also a couple people who got CS reps that said they are not running one. So, who knows. If there is one we probably won't know till later tomorrow morning I'd guess.

Also, if they do have one, it may be a copy of Germany's:Amazon.de: Games: PS4-Games im Angebot vorbestellen

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Either way, I will be happy to get home to a shiny new ps4 w/ AS4 and Knack.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I went to my local Fry's to pick up some stuff (none gaming related) and on my way out I decided to check out their PS4 demo. It stood there all alone with no one around playing it surprisingly. Played a brief game of knack and was kinda underwhelmed by it. I only played it for a few minutes and got kinda bored since all you could do is just jump and punch. I'm sure you pick up other moves later on but the game just failed to draw me in with the brief time spent with it. The graphics were a bit meh with visible jaggies. Game looked as if it was playing in 720p or something. The controller was nice and comparable with the 360 controller in comfort. A little boy walked up and asked me what I was playing. He was actually more interested in the vita that was sitting right beside it lol.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Before you start copy pasting whole entries in a randomly ordered super list, Tuco, perhaps you should just make a matrix listing values.
I have them stored in an SQL database.

SELECT name FROM guesses ORDER BY ABS(NASalesXBONE - @actualNASalesXBONE)

Actually I have no idea how to make a query that would give me the winning result given that there's two parameters =( Someone join my tables!