The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
Or just wait till 12:01 am est and buy it from Amazon and pay 3 bucks for next day shipping if you have prime.
Not gonna risk it, all my cod and bf4 buddies skipped the ps4 "revolution" >;p. I don't think the xbone is gonna have any problems selling out. Most of the world doesn't post on rerolled, only 3 out of the 15ish gaming friends I have even considered switching (only one followed through). I'm the only person I know that buys more than one console per generation. You'd be surprised how rabid halo/forza/gears fans are, they don't give 2 shits about 720vs900 in battlefield4, and the 1080p on cod actually handicaps the ps4 version with the noticeably unstable frame rate it brings with it (should've gone 900p and a solid 60fps imo). But annnnyway. I'm 37 years old, my parents don't get to call me up and lecture me about having more than one gaming console. With the stellar mario reviews I might actually buy a wii-u too, why the fuck not? >;p

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I personally think right now there's 6 good or great games on the Wii U, which to me, justifies a purchase, especially with Mario coming up to be the 7th.

Zombie U
Wonderful 101
Monster Hunter
The Mario and Luigi games which I count as one
Zelda
Pikmin 3

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Super smash bros and mario kart, the ultimate party games ,only reason I would buy one(only reason I had a Wii).

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Don't worry, wii u won't have a new Zelda game til at least mid next year (no, remaking an older one with HD and charging nearly full price doesn't count)

Xevy

Log Wizard
XB1 just needs a Smash Bros type FPS. Master Chief, Gears of Wars guys, throw in Commander Shephard,...., profit.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, I had fun with all of you teasing how bad my driving was in that game.

The controls work, but they handle a lot differently than pretty much every other "racing" game I've ever played. It became a lot easier to drive when I was doing first person. The controls were more responsive then. Or maybe it's just that I could see minor changes to the picture as opposed to waiting for the entire car to move in 3rd person.

The game works, but I do run into a lot of shit.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Man, Mario is making me want a Wii-U now but PS4 and 3DS along with like 8 games is just way too much money on games this month.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

The controls work, but they handle a lot differently than pretty much every other "racing" game I've ever played. It became a lot easier to drive when I was doing first person. The controls were more responsive then. Or maybe it's just that I could see minor changes to the picture as opposed to waiting for the entire car to move in 3rd person.

Just giving you a hard time haha, the game looked good though

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Im loving NFS, but am so horrible I dont dare stream it. Buying it from gamestop gave me access to a dlc Dodge Viper that iswayfaster than the early vehicles. Controlling it is a losing battle, I just kinda aim where I wanna go and floor it.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord

Pissed I missed all the badness while I was asleep...just went to your twitch stream but there are no past broadcasts to watch. You, Sean and someone else in here all have the same problem, fuckers forget to save/publish the broadcast so we can laugh at you all at later dates
biggrin.png

Coren_sl

shitlord
Since the frame rate on CoD PS4 was mentioned, there is a funny twist there. DF did an analysis of the PS4 version where it seemed to be dropping frames and found out it was actually running above 60 fps, so the "frame rate" drop on the ps4 is actually judder from frames being skipped that the ps4 actually renders but doesn't show when displayed at 60hz.

It's a bonehead mistake by IW but should be easily fixed...but meanwhile I think it's hilarious the COD's frame rate issue on PS4 is due to the PS4 running the game top fast lol.