The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Since I can't find a PS4 anywhere I think I'm gonna get a Wii U for now. The Zelda game, Mario world, Smash Bros and Mario Kart is making it worth the purchase now. Plus X, Monster Hunter 3 too.

Someone talk me out of it. Want Nintendo to go 3rd party and make games on Sony to have a perfect console lol!

Sean_sl

shitlord
Wikipedia has quite a bit more listed than that. No?
A lot of stuff is just TBA right now, we'll see quite a bit more this spring once shit is all finalized. Usually we know dates a lot further in advance than this, but it's a transition period right now.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Since I can't find a PS4 anywhere I think I'm gonna get a Wii U for now. The Zelda game, Mario world, Smash Bros and Mario Kart is making it worth the purchase now. Plus X, Monster Hunter 3 too.

Someone talk me out of it. Want Nintendo to go 3rd party and make games on Sony to have a perfect console lol!
WiiU + PS4 is the best combo to go for, one now and the other later is fine. If you don't have a 3DS though, get one of those immediately.

If you told me a year ago that I'd be saying that I wouldn't believe you, heh.

spronk

FPS noob
its way better to build a decent gaming pc than buying both a ps4 and wiiU, should only be doing the latter if you are an affluent male with disposable income and a wife who wouldn't understand you banging slutty college chicks, and has to turn to video games to channel your testosterone

remember steam winter sale starts in a few days, already amazon has fired shots with tomb raider for $10, and all three bioshocks for $15. good luck finding those kinda deals on console.

Sean_sl

shitlord
The "lol PC shit" is irrelevant. People in this thread are people who buy consoles.

Also, buying stuff a year later for cheap is meaningless to a lot of people. There's a big part of being there for release and being part of the discussion. There are plenty of console game sales though, especially on the PS3 with PS+'s discounts (and free games) and their sales events and there certainly will be for the PS4 too once stuff ramps up.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I have a gaming pc and will rebuild a new one probably either sometime next year, or within the first 4 months fo 2015. I really don't forsee my pc needing any major upgrades till then, and hopefully a better version of windows will be out than 8 by that point. I built this computer like 3 years ago this coming spring and it still completely demolishes every game I throw at it.

I expect about the time I plan to upgrade is when we're going to start seeing games taking advantage of the much greater increased requirements that a new generation of consoles should promote (seeing as programming for the most popular console tends to be the bottleneck on PC graphical increases over the past decade).

I think most core gamers probably do have a gaming pc and buy one or more of the consoles as well to take advantage of the increased exclusives on the console of choice.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Or some of us that are compulsive buy them all and have one or more gaming PCs....

Only one without appeal for me to ever justify is still WiiU. (and Wii before it)

Column_sl

shitlord
Also, buying stuff a year later for cheap is meaningless to a lot of people.
PC almost always sell game cheaper for preorders, at launch, and within 5 days of it coming out.
Can't really compare PC prices to console prices. PC will destroy them everytime.

Not to mention all games are available for digital download which allows the developers to cut even more costs, unlike the PS4/Xbox which typically raise there prices for digital downloads.

EA games are half the price of there console equivalents even when they weren't on sale.

Even games like Arkham origins I got for 35 at launch versus the 60+tax I would have paid for the PS3 version.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I hate you guys, bought a zelda 3ds xl bundle price matched to target. I have way too much electronics right now.

Column_sl

shitlord
I can't wait till they kill off the disc market completely.

This whole swapping discs shit is annoying as fuck. I wish PSN werent jews about there pricing on Digital Downloads, and would let other people put shit on sale like they do with steam.

Xalara

Golden Squire
I can't wait till they kill off the disc market completely.

This whole swapping discs shit is annoying as fuck. I wish PSN werent jews about there pricing on Digital Downloads, and would let other people put shit on sale like they do with steam.
With Amazon now selling games on PSN you'll likely get your wish.

Column_sl

shitlord
I think they are still bound by some guidelines.

That PSN store was up when they were doing there 2 for 1 deal, and they didnt price match...

I don't even know the point of discs anymore. Secondary market needs to be taken away imo.

spronk

FPS noob
biggest upgrade you can make imo is your display. a 120hz 2560x1440 display just destroys any plasma/LCD/LED tv, and the gap will only widen with gSync and 4k displays. The big screen is the best though for social in person gaming, nba 2k14 or NFS is stunning on a big TV for multiplayer. I really just don't like killzone and other single player stuff on a TV though, maybe my eyesight is shit but I miss a ton of stuff and have a hard time reacting fast enough.

Try yourself sometime, visit this page, make it fullscreen, then see how well you can track the bottom UFO. On my 60" sony LED on ps4 or pc, its shit. On my 60hz 29" IPS, its blurry but ok. On my 120hz 27" IPS, its easier but still slighty blurry. I've heard, but not seen, that gSync makes it appear pretty much exactly like the top ufo, but moving. Huh, I should try it on phone and tablet...
Blur Busters UFO Motion Tests

Column_sl

shitlord
There's no comparison with monitors right now.

You get no input lag, with true 120-144 hz.
TV's are all junk. Especially plasmas with that huge input delay.

Sean_sl

shitlord
biggest upgrade you can make imo is your display. a 120hz 2560x1440 display just destroys any plasma/LCD/LED tv, and the gap will only widen with gSync and 4k displays. The big screen is the best though for social in person gaming, nba 2k14 or NFS is stunning on a big TV for multiplayer. I really just don't like killzone and other single player stuff on a TV though, maybe my eyesight is shit but I miss a ton of stuff and have a hard time reacting fast enough.

Try yourself sometime, visit this page, make it fullscreen, then see how well you can track the bottom UFO. On my 60" sony LED on ps4 or pc, its shit. On my 60hz 29" IPS, its blurry but ok. On my 120hz 27" IPS, its easier but still slighty blurry. I've heard, but not seen, that gSync makes it appear pretty much exactly like the top ufo, but moving. Huh, I should try it on phone and tablet...
Blur Busters UFO Motion Tests
I don't think you've seen a high end Plasma. They pass the motion resolution tests *perfectly*.

Column_sl

shitlord
Seans an idiot, and has no clue what he is talking about.

That plasma he so covets has a huge amount of input lag, and to compensate for it he has to turn Game mode on which hampers picture quality.
Even with game mode on, that display has a terrible input lag versus any other monitor out there.

Also Ive seen that ST60 in person. Ill put my 144hz next to it any day of the week.

The blurring when you turn is awful on those plasmas.

Sean_sl

shitlord
There is 0 drop in picture quality on the ST60 with Game Mode on and the input lag is completely unnoticeable in the vast majority of games, Column has never used an actual good TV and has no idea what he is talking about. Back to ignore he goes, for once again, he is completely ignorant and adds nothing but false information to the conversation.

Column_sl

shitlord
Not according to AVS.

And ill throw it right back on you. You obviously have never gamed on a 144hz monitor

Also who takes someone off of ignore, just so the claim they are doing it again?? haha, what a drama queen.

Coren_sl

shitlord
spronk;4 remember steam winter sale starts in a few days said:
You mean deals like the number of high quality games I've gotten to play on PS3 for the price of a ~5 dollars a month subscription?