The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
attachment.php

Xbox One Consoles, Day One Edition, Standard Edition, Bundles - ToysUs

PS4 Console - PS4 - Toys Us

Kinda meh bundles but I bet you'd be able to return the games somewhere for credit and get different ones.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Down to $89.99. So why is a 5400 rpm better than 7200 rpm? Does the hybrid SSD make that much of a difference?
Supposedly. But only if you're playing the same game over and over. If you're constantly swapping, the hard drive isn't nearly as fast as it could be.

This thing has 64 gigs of "SSD storage", so the standard 5400 rpm drive puts the files on that SSD drive to give them quick access. If you're constantly swapping games, the 64 gigs will always change, so you're really going to be running off of 5400 rpm and now SSD.

If that explains things for you.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So I broke the touchpad on one of my PS4 controllers. Last weekend just a little bit of beer spilled on the d-pad and it started 'sticking' the next day. I took the controller apart, cleaned out the d-pad and put it back together. Now the touch area on the touchpad doesn't work. The button when you press it down, does, however. At 60 bucks a pop, I need to fix this bitch.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, that's going to probably be the only solution. I just did that with Knack too.

Kaosu

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So I broke the touchpad on one of my PS4 controllers. Last weekend just a little bit of beer spilled on the d-pad and it started 'sticking' the next day. I took the controller apart, cleaned out the d-pad and put it back together. Now the touch area on the touchpad doesn't work. The button when you press it down, does, however. At 60 bucks a pop, I need to fix this bitch.
Looking at some dissemble pics and videos, I think I see a flat ribbon cable that connects the touchpad towards another part of the ps4 controller. Those cables easily pop out when putting back something together. I'd recommend you check it out.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I took it apart again and made sure the ribbon was fully seated. It was. The 'button' inside the touchpad works, so it's definitely connected via the ribbon.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I decided against it. The three games I am interested in is Zelda, Pokemon, and Tales of the Abyss. I can play Tales through a PS2 or whatever emulator. I really want to play Zelda but oh well. And I reasoned away Pokemon with I was too old to play that. I'll pick one up next year maybe. I have way too large of a backlog of games to play, especially with just buying Tales of Xilia, Ni No Kuni, and Kingdom Hearts 1.5.

spronk

FPS noob
3ds xl is $150 at target today, i bought one online as a gift last night but it seems to be sold out online right now. it will be in stores tonight, I believe target opens at 6pm or 8pm but choose wisely, there are probably lines already started at some of them

also a lot of online places having sales on games starting today, like $10 ones at microsoft store, frys online ordering for pickup, etc, etc.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I decided against it. The three games I am interested in is Zelda, Pokemon, and Tales of the Abyss. I can play Tales through a PS2 or whatever emulator. I really want to play Zelda but oh well. And I reasoned away Pokemon with I was too old to play that. I'll pick one up next year maybe. I have way too large of a backlog of games to play, especially with just buying Tales of Xilia, Ni No Kuni, and Kingdom Hearts 1.5.
You arenevertoo old to play Pokemon, bro. And you should be interested in a lot more than that. Games like Fire Emblem: Awakening, Kingdom Hearts DDD, the SMT games, the Etrian Odyssey games, Project X Zone, plus older DS games like The World Ends With You, more Fire Emblem, DQ9, etc.