The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Can't be because of the controller because they share the same stuff, and Steam's jukebox destroys swapping discs.
The displays are cheaper ,and better on a PC, and multi monitors for the win.

Sitting 3 feet from a 27 inch 120hz-144hz while you are relaxed in your gaming chair with the headphones on is IMHO way better then couch gaming on a 60 inch screen.
I might have seen your point 5 years ago but not anymore.

Then its the fact the games are half price on PC if you have both console and PC, and you are getting a way better game on the PC most of the time unless it's a shitty ass port.
I would rather play on a 60 inch with my 7.1 system. To each his own. Just stating my preference dude. I'm not even the one on your sack right now.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
...like low tech shit... ...can be run on a Vita...

Yea, you weren't talking down about them...

Column_sl

shitlord
Acutely, I wasn't. You are just reading whatever you want into that statement.

low tech shit isn't the same as saying the games are shit.
And they all could be all played on a Vita hence the low tech, so why are we even bringing that into a conversation that is "Clearly" about running high tech games.

I still have no clue what Szlia's point of listing that was when it only matters when it's a cross console port that benefits from being on a PC.

All that brings home for me is that PC gaming is being held back because who gives a shit about making real next gen games when you can make more money with less risk on low tech games.

Column_sl

shitlord
Um, I haven't cursed anyone out and we are on topic.

You lose debates by dragging them out forever? Well shit we will never get marijuana legal then... o wait.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hah!

Column settle down. I don't know if this debate has a winner but you've lost it by dragging it on forever.
I don't even really know what the debate is, hah. I just know that almost everyone I know with a ps4/boner are enjoying their purchases. Most of my pc master race friends I barely hear from.

Sean_sl

shitlord

Sean_sl

shitlord
If anyone was wondering how bad the WiiU was doing:

Wii U sales (Shipped):

1 month: December 31st, 2012: 3.06 million
4 months: March 31st, 2013: 3.45 million
7 months: June 30th, 2013: 3.61 million
10 months: September 30th, 2013: 3.91 million
13 months: December 30th, 2013: 5.86 million

PS4 sales (Sold through):

1 day: November 16th, 2013: 1 million
2 weeks: December 1st, 2013: 2.1 million
1 month: December 28th, 2013: 4.2 million
3 months: February 8th, 2014: 5.3 million

And Microsoft's somewhere around 3.2-3.3 million sold.

Coren_sl

shitlord
Sitting 3 feet from a 27 inch 120hz-144hz while you are relaxed in your gaming chair with the headphones on is IMHO way better then couch gaming on a 60 inch screen.
I prefer PC gaming "on the couch" myself. (Though I use a recliner).

Both my PS4 and PC are run through the same 120" display with 7.1 surround sound. Much more comfortable and immersive than sitting at a computer desk IMO.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Pics or it didn't happen!

If I get a house I also plan on using a recliner-based computing system.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

When I used to play FFXI for 12+ hours a day I used to bring a recliner to my extremely large desk and play like that (game didn't require a mouse to play). Best days of my life.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Meh, you can do 120" projections for fairly inexpensive. Coworker has one I think he only spent around $1200 for the projector. Looks awesome. Where the money comes in is the sound dampening, surround, lighting, etc to make it feel like an actual movie theatre. If you don't care about that stuff you could have a decent setup for a few grand, which is comparable to high end HDTV's.

Coren_sl

shitlord

Shitty cellphone pic in a dark room (cell phone's lighting adjustment murdered the picture) but:

rrr_img_60467.jpg

Meh, you can do 120" projections for fairly inexpensive. Coworker has one I think he only spent around $1200 for the projector.
My projector and screen cost me about $2500, then maybe a thousand for the sound system (still have 4 speakers I need to upgrade too but have been taking my time there). The biggest issue is you have to keep the room fairly dark (daylight kills the picture), but I've always preferred playing/watching movies/etc when it's dark anyways, so to do this was a no brainer for me.

The recliner works really well for PC gaming too...just keep a flat surface on the arm of the chair for mouse usage and it's quite comfortable.

Vaclav

1080p doesn't get grainy at that size? Was never keen on projectors 10-15 years ago they've improved to usable levels?

Vorph

You really need to fix the autocorrect on your phone. Alternatively, your brain if you're ACTUALLY typing on a keyboard.

That said, I ACTUALLY agree with what you've been saying about PCs. Now I feel dirty.
frown.png

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
1080p doesn't get grainy at that size? Was never keen on projectors 10-15 years ago they've improved to usable levels?
They're pretty badass now. Significant improvement in the last 4-5 years. In last 10-15 years it's not even comparable.

Coren_sl

shitlord
Projectors have improved vastly in recent years. The picture is every bit as clear, bright, and vivid as a typical 1080p LCD television, and at the distance I sit 1080p is fine (720p looks really rough though, but still quite playable; I've had my PS3 hooked up for some time prior to getting the PS4, and most of my friends were still quite impressed by the picture quality).