The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck that noise.

P1FjYer.jpg
Thank god.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Shipped numbers is a tactic routinely used by both sides when things aren't going as well vs competition. Both consoles are doing well, the PS4 exponentially so. For some reason GAF is celebrating like the Xbox One is posting Wii U or Vita-sized numbers though.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am not really sure how much PS4 winning matters. For all their differences the consoles are similar enough for most developers to develop their game for both. Yes there have already been examples of graphical output differences but not enough to force a developer to develop exclusively for one console or another. In a way this is a win for MS in that all they really need to do is keep the XBOne relevant (I.E. Better sales then the 360) and then developers will continue to develop for both to maximize profit.

Sony's project Morpheus may be the first real (post release) blow to MS if it is successful and if MS doesn't release it's own VR soon thereafter. Two very big ifs.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Column's super power is to drag any thread down into the shit heap that is his life. You are entitled to your own opinion Sir, you are not entitled to your own facts.

spronk

FPS noob
interesting video saying sony basically declined respawn's offer of a ps4 port for titanfall, not sure i really believe it. probably the most fun game I've played this year, its good to be a pc gamer
Sony Said NO to Titanfall on PS4 - Microsoft Saved Game? - YouTube

either way both the xbox one and ps4 are still pretty much a joke when it comes to great games, hopefully E3 has some good announcements. 360 and ps3 are a huge drag right now, everyone is forced to make ports to hit sales numbers that turn a profit and that is restricting design and development, especially for new IPs/devs. the attach rate for xbone and ps4 is virtually identical at 2.9 games/console which sounds high at first but isn't really, the only place it can go is up.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Xbox One is actually doing better than I thought it would
smile.png
Seems like it's doing better than almost everyone in this thread thought it would as well. About 2 million units sold better than Sean gave it credit for.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
NeoGAF - View Single Post - NPD Sales Results for March 2014 [Up3: WiiU/Wii/Vita/PSP/3DS hardware, MGSV software]

Here's the LTD NA numbers for both systems per one of the resident NPD people at GAF:

It looks like An Accordion has the closest with:

PS4 NA Sales by March 31st 2014: 3.2 million
Xbox NA Sales by March 31st 2014: 2.9 million

Tuco will have to confirm though.

Those are NA only. Current worldwide sales are: PS4 - 7 million confirmed sold. Xbone - 5m "Shipped", estimated at 4.2 million sold (though it could actually be less than 4m).
What does LTD mean? Can't open the link at work

Fyro

Golden Squire
Been playing my Xbox one since near release.

All is well for me. I don't care much about which system is 'better.' My xbone has given me some issues with voice commands and some funkiness with BF4 which is on Dice and EA rather than MS.

As a consumer though, isn't it better for us to champion both systems? Isn't competition what drives innovation? Do we really want Sony or MS to 'win' the console war? I'd prefer for there to be a healthy rivalry that pushes the envelope rather than allow us to sink into stagnation. That's my piece.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That is the ideal Fyro. But denying reality of weaknesses and missteps don't benefit we consumers though.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Been playing my Xbox one since near release.

All is well for me. I don't care much about which system is 'better.' My xbone has given me some issues with voice commands and some funkiness with BF4 which is on Dice and EA rather than MS.

As a consumer though, isn't it better for us to champion both systems? Isn't competition what drives innovation? Do we really want Sony or MS to 'win' the console war? I'd prefer for there to be a healthy rivalry that pushes the envelope rather than allow us to sink into stagnation. That's my piece.
No, as consumer's we should not, blindly, champion both systems as you seem to imply. I said this earlier in the thread but most of us here do believe that healthy competition is good for the industry but we also believe that the market should punish a company that makes terrible decisions as Microsoft did. They released a system with inferior hardware and charged more for their product. Their roll out was a PR disaster and turned off a lot of people forcing Microsoft to backtrack on a lot of their initial, boneheaded, decisions. No, we should not blindly champion that.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I agree. We should base our self worth on sales figures of giant corporations. Enjoyment doesn't matter, corporate profit does.

Or you could just buy both like I did, Welfare Pussies

a.jpg

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Being able to afford something and being dumb enough to buy it are two different things.