The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Consumers aren't blindly buying anything new, which is why the Wii U sales are a relative dumpster fire.

Szlia

I agree. We should base our self worth on sales figures of giant corporations. Enjoyment doesn't matter, corporate profit does.

Or you could just buy both like I did, Welfare Pussies
I was about to say that in a war you have to pick a side, but than I remembered where I am posting from...

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Pretty much this. Blindly buying both makes you a dipshit who encourages Microsoft's shitty behavior. They don't deserve anyone's money and you are not helping the industry in any way if you support them.
Fight the good fight for this incredibly noble cause, Che Guevara.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I agree. We should base our self worth on sales figures of giant corporations. Enjoyment doesn't matter, corporate profit does.

a.jpg
Or just upgrade your PC.

{insert PC Gaming Master Race dot pee en gee here}

Fyro

Golden Squire
No, as consumer's we should not, blindly, champion both systems as you seem to imply. I said this earlier in the thread but most of us here do believe that healthy competition is good for the industry but we also believe that the market should punish a company that makes terrible decisions as Microsoft did. They released a system with inferior hardware and charged more for their product. Their roll out was a PR disaster and turned off a lot of people forcing Microsoft to backtrack on a lot of their initial, boneheaded, decisions. No, we should not blindly champion that.
I did not imply that we should blindly praise MS. Please do not put words in my mouth.

I said, for myself, so far, the Xbone one has exceeded my expectations. I am sure the Ps4 would have exceeded my expectations as well. Both consoles have had their fair share of issues with BF4, but again, I blame that squarely on Dice/EA rather than Sony/MS.

What instead I was suggesting is that the "football team mentality" of wanting one system to crush the other system into oblivion is the main issue here. I would be very happy if the Wii, Ps4, Xbone, and Steambox all do well, how many of you can say the same? With more to choose from the consumer benefits. Again, this is an ideal state, I don't suggest we blindly ignore any real issue.

I bought the Xbox on a whim, I bought the Xbox 360 because the Xbox was great, I now bought the Xbox one because the Xbox 360 was great. If after time I deem the Xbox one a failure I will not buy another Xbox in the future.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
These aren't blood diamonds. If someone will enjoy an xbox one then that's their choice. They don't have some moral obligation to teach microsoft a lesson because you don't like them.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>

a.jpg
Or you could buy two PS4s like I did so I don't have to share a console with the kids - and Sony never contemplated forcing me to have to buy two game copies for them.

Devlin

Golden Squire
I chose this gen to go with PS4 only, last gen I realised I much prefer the Sony exclusives to the Microsoft ones and all multi-platform games I preferred to play on the PS4 over the Xbox, in the end all my 360 was used for was an extra Sky tv box in my bedroom.

This isn't to say I wish the Xbone any harm, competition is vital for the industry to move forward, I do think Microsoft have completely fucking blown some of their shots in the past though, when they bought Rare they basically did nothing whatsoever with any of their catalogue. I really loved the Banjo-Kazooie games on the N64 and that franchise would have given the 360 something on par with Nintendo for that market yet nothing ever surfaced, what a complete waste of time.