The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Voice activated is the only way to go with high intensity games using a controller. Try playing FFXIV and tell me you still have time to hit a PTT button, not a chance in hell.

The real solution is just to act like a normal person and politely ask your teammates to turn their volume down.

spronk

FPS noob
i only play with people who have gold headphones, if i hear babies in the background i drop party

seriously though i once joined a dudes nightfall run and i kept hearing a woman in the background muttering she really needed a hit and if daddy could give her what she wants, it was pretty cool knowing that regular people like that play ps4. another time a iraqi vet smoked his first medical joint (for ptsd) while we were doing nightfall and he was hilarious/scary, he got really mellow and told us how relaxed he was for the first time in a long time and then started talking about all the shit that gave him ptsd in a calm voice. was pretty fucked up shit too like seeing dead kids and having to put a knife through an insurgents head so he wouldn't give away their position. it was omnigul too so we died a lot

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Still waiting for the uncharted 1-3 remasters, in prep for uncharted 4 coming out this year. Can't wait to go through all of those!

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah, not only will they be able to play together, the Xbone is going to be able to stream games to any Windows 10 device in your house. Like the PS TV, but better.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Does this mean people will be allowed to use their computer's hardware to actually drive XB1 games? That's a pretty awesome circumvention of lower hardware specs if so.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You will be playing on the computer but the Xbox One will still be doing all of the work. Just like OnLive, Gaikai, Steam Streaming, etc.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Damn so glad I own both consoles. I love competition and I win either way.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Also apparently MS is "seriously looking" at streaming the other way as well, PC back to Xbone.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Anyone here playing the Resident Evil HD remake? Its only 20 bucks. Was wondering if they did a very good job on the HD textures. I cannot tell from videos or streams.

Vaclav

Anyone here playing the Resident Evil HD remake? Its only 20 bucks. Was wondering if they did a very good job on the HD textures. I cannot tell from videos or streams.
Will have it in a week or so, had some incidents that raped this months budget (stayed in lots of hotels while doing the move and scouting houses - did not realize bedbugs were a hotel thing to be wary of and ended up getting fucking bedbugs... and going the $1500 heat treatment, never fails method rather than working with sprays personally - plus investing $500 or so in luggage prevention/treatment stuff to make sure it never happens again)- all the reviews for it have really complemented it being well done though. Apparently the character models got fully improved and the environments are MOSTLY the GameCube remake with only a slight fidelity improvement - but from the reviews they're close enough that it's not jarring that the character models are of a different quality level.

Only real "complaint" I've seen is the option to not use tank controls really isn't handled very well by the AI, so it does nerf the difficulty quite a bit.

Vaclav

Off-topic but bed bugs in hotels are way more common than one might think. Disgusting.
Yea, always been an expensive hotel person that probably kept me clear (talking resort level for 90-95% of my hoteling) - but due to having to spend like 2 weeks total over that month in hotels went cheaper... definitely going to reconsider cheap if there's ever a similar case again, might as well dodge them in the first place (even with the luggage treatment stuff) rather than gamble on saving money just to respend it on bed bug treatment.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Emails going out for the settlement of the 2011 breach.

What does the settlement provide?
There are various benefits, depending in part on what type of account(s) you had. Benefits you could get (if you qualify) include:
  • Payment equal to paid wallet balances (if $2 or more) in PSN or SOE accounts that have been inactive since the Intrusions,
  • One or more of the following: a free PS3 or PSP game, 3 free PS3 themes, or a free 3-month subscription to PlayStation Plus (once valid claims exceed $10 million, class members will still be eligible for one free month of PlayStation Plus),
  • A free month of Music Unlimited for Qriocity accountholders who did not have a PSN account,
  • $4.50 in SOE Station Cash (amounts will be reduced proportionally if valid claims exceed $4 million).

Identity Theft Reimbursement:
If you had out-of-pocket charges due to actual identity theft, and have documentation proving that the theft was caused by the Intrusion(s), you can submit a claim for reimbursement up to $2,500. Reimbursements will be reduced proportionally if the total amount payable on all valid claims would exceed $1 million.

How can I get benefits?
To get benefits, you must file a claim form. Claim forms are available atWWW.PSNSOESETTLEMENT.COM. You can also request claim forms from the Claims Administrator by writing to PSN-SOE Settlement, P*O Bo*x 1*947, Fariba*ult, M*N 55*021 or by calling 1*-87*7-5*52-1*284. The earliest deadline to file a claim is Aug*ust 31, 2015, or 6*0 d*ays after the settlement becomes final and effective. Visit the website for more details on submitting a claim online or by mail.

Your other options.
Even if you do nothing, you will be bound by the Court?s decisions. If you want to keep your right to sue the Sony Entities yourself, you must exclude yourself from the Settlement Class by Apr*il 1*0, 20*15. If you stay in the Settlement Class, you may object to the settlement by Ap*ril 1*0, 20*15. For instructions on how to exclude yourself from the Class or object to the settlement, please seeWWW.PSNSOESETTLEMENT.COM.
The Court will hold a hearing in this case on M*ay 1, 20*15, to consider whether to approve the settlement, and a request by Class Counsel for fees, costs, and expenses up to $2,750,000. You or your own lawyer may appear and speak at the hearing at your own expense.

Crone

I was hardcore into the time locked progression servers for Everquest back then. Was also right around the time Refer a friend was popular. I have like 12 accounts or so that would qualify, but not sure it's even worth it.
frown.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That site was weird. It emailed me on one email (not registered with SOE) for my account that is registered with SOE.

I got nervous and thought it was a phishing attempt, but maybe it's real. Somehow they are using both my email addresses?