The big thread of game industry fuck ups

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Does putting out a patch for an MMO which replaces your boot.ini file with a game file count? Lol Eve, least they paid for Geek Squad to fix their players computers.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I got off work and saw that this thread was made. I instantly got sad and thought it would be about BioShock Infinite. Crisis averted.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
No mention of AvP ?

Also does anyone remember when they launched Blackwing Lair (their first vertical dungeon) and they didn't have a height limit on rendering shit (you could target Nefarian from the entrance) so half the guild would get stuck in a loading screen loop because you had to have like 1 mbps to load everything in time.

Today EA announced Battlefield 4 in front of a room full of journalists.

With a 17 minutes SINGLE PLAYER sequence. Nothing on MP from what I understand.

For the record as far as I'm concerned the single player campaign in BF3 commited the worst crime a video game can make: it was boring.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
what the fuck. Someone who plays tomb raider please tell me that isn't an essential item to making pistols accurate.
Either their description is wrong or it is just that. The description is quite clear. If it makes pistols "more accurate" they must be "less than perfectly accurate" in the first place.

Or maybe it's just a reduce spread kind of thing? Not sure if acceptable in any case.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
When I saw all that DLC go online I was hoping/praying it was just a way to flesh out some sort of skill tree they have in Tomb Raider. Should I assume that doesn't exist and the $1 DLC just sets a pistolAccuracy=80 to pistolAccuracy=100?

Saladus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_18963.jpg

Awesome concept, dumbed down into 5 shit mini games

rrr_img_18963.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I can't badmouth the RMAH, I ended up thinking Diablo 3 was pretty mediocre overall, so after I got bored with it in the first month I just botted a shitload of money, sold it on the RMAH, and made about $300 before I got banned. D3 was the first game that I ever made a profit playing, it bought me a new video card
smile.png

My vote for biggest fuckup was WoW reducing max raid sizes from 40 down to 20. I had a raiding guild from EQ, shrinking it down to 40 was a little rough at the release of WoW, we lost a few good people along the way, and then the shrink down to 20 just pretty much destroyed the guild. No matter what you do, you can't get 2 equivalent 20-man raids out of a 40 person group. Bickering & fighting over who got to be in the "good" group. Shit almost gave me an ulcer, putting together raid groups every night with everyone bitching at me once they found out they weren't in the "good" group, whatever they perceived that to be. You can't make a fundamental change like that mid-game, after it's already set an established precedent for years.

Basically it led to people leaving, the guild shrinking, less people to socialize/group on non-raid nights, and people stopped caring about playing the game. Lame. That, combined with the disappointment that was D3, dropped Blizzard out of my "buy anything they make" category of developers.

smile.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We had our raid leader get into TBC beta and that night he came back and said "We aren't raiding anymore until the expansion." Guild over.

Chris

Potato del Grande
YOU MAY HAVE DEFEATED THAT EVIL SCHEME, BUT THAT IS MEANINGLESS AS IT GAVE ME TIME TO PREPARE THIS NEW EVIL SCHEME IN THE NEXT ZONE WHICH YOU WILL NEVER DEFEAT! x50 = Diablo 3

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I got off work and saw that this thread was made. I instantly got sad and thought it would be about BioShock Infinite. Crisis averted.
Too bad we won't see another one for 3 years!
frown.png

What really gets me going are the damn anaylsts who don't have the slightest clue what is really driving market decline. It doesn't have anything to do with the fact that most games are rinse repeats of each other with IP sequels outnumbering true original games 50 to 1. It isn't that on the true original games they rush those out the door and suck because they aren't given enough time to finish them. It isn't because of bullshit virtual microtransaction shops or gutted gameplay for casuals (Dead Space 3), and most certainly isn't because the publisher is at fault for their stupid hamstring view of the market which destroyed the very revenue they want to create but put training wheels on...

It's because people are now too busy playing Words with friends on their iPhone.
rolleyes.png

frown.png

rolleyes.png