The Birdman (Michael Keaton!)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
movie sucked and was boring, stupid single shot shit, wows! gimmick.

Norton gave a good performance, but 1989batman sucked, no idea why ppl liked him.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
movie sucked and was boring, stupid single shot shit, wows! gimmick.

Norton gave a good performance, but 1989batman sucked, no idea why ppl liked him.
Your mention of gimmick reminds me about Boyhood. I feel like they're both incredibly similar movies. They're ok movies with a really good gimmick. If you take away the gimmick though, does anyone give a shit about the movie anymore? In both cases the answer was no for me.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
In its defense. One camera shooting is a gimmick, but a very difficult one. Its much lazier to shoot a bad drama a few weekends a year over the course of 12 years

iannis

Musty Nester
Simmons and Hillenhoulie both deserve the win. Birdman was pointless from start to finish.
It was, but it was really more of a character movie anyway. The character being a washed up actor. It really would have been better 10 minutes shorter. That last 10 minutes kinda did piss me off and nearly ruin it. Like a reverse of the Gyllenhall spider movie.

But whatever, I'd watch Beedie do laundry for 2 hours and complain loudly that she was robbed if she didn't get an award.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
That last 10 minutes is kind of key to the movie, without that a viewer might be left thinking this shit was real.

I liked it ok, whatever it takes to get Keaton's career going again I say.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I enjoy Keaton. The Company is really decent and a bit recent. My favorite movies he's done are probably The Paper and Gung Ho, but they're both old as shit now.

Keaton did well here, it's just that the movie is kind of ~bleh. I enjoyed the first few minutes the most because they were uber-focused on show issues, especially when Norton shows up. Then they just go off on this tangent about how pitiful Keaton's character is and I was waiting for them to get back to shaping lines and timing.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That last 10 minutes is kind of key to the movie, without that a viewer might be left thinking this shit was real.
What? The last 10 minutes is the only part that makes you think that itcouldbe real.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah the part where he miraculously didn't blow his head off, his life is perfect, then he takes off flying into the air...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
chaos is likely correct, i am sticking with the birdman is real however. the dude having a mental breakdown and killng himself on stage makes the movie suck instead of just being ok.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
sVc36VN.jpg

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I enjoyed this but I really don't get the best picture hype. I normally hate Anderson(aside from Life Aquatic) but I'd give it to GBH.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
after watching all these again i feel the Nightcrawler and jake got screwed