Vyemm Raider
Godammit...

rrr_img_69036.jpg

Rime

<Donor>
Godammit...

rrr_img_69036.jpg
I had the same thought.

Had to read up the summary of the movie on Wikipedia to figure out what it was.

He played a Superhero, wants to make a comeback on broadway, has to deal with everyone knowing him as the Bird Man. Is also estranged from his family.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Fucking not playing anywhere by me, gonna be a bitch to see. Shame, looked forward to this more than almost anything else this year.

Simas_sl

shitlord
Oh shit, there's trickery employed but most of the movie is presented as one long take. I gotta see this.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This movie was so fucking great. Go see it if you get the chance. Perfect mix of dark humor and very cool surrealist insanity.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Still not showing particularly close to me - 45 miles is such a hike for me.... although an improvement from 170 previously

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I ended up seeing this last night. It was an excuse to go to the theaters and see that StarWars trailer. It was done very well. The entire movie (except for a flash or two at the end) was done with what looked like a single take. There weren't ANY cuts to be seen. Granted, they must have made a bunch, but you certainly couldn't tell that from watching it.

Pretty good movie about a movie start that was at the top of his game back in the 90's, and he's been struggling to reclaim his old glory. He's devolved down to opening a play on broadway, and dealing with all the hassle that's involved in a play.
Interesting film, full of psychosis. I enjoyed it, but wouldn't give it movie of the year.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It was filmed in, what I read were about 10 minute takes. So pretty long sequences, but it was pretty clear where the cuts are. Like when he walked in and out of doors / hallways and the screen went completely black, or up and down the stairs with some quick pans. Not to take anything away from it. It made the whole movie feel really good. Cinematography was from Emmanuel Lubezki, who also did Gravity, Tree of Life, Children of Men, etc...

Nothing crazy, but will spoiler just because. tl;dr: great movie well worth admission.

Performances were top notch, really glad to see Keaton getting work. Some of the monologues annoyed me, but that is more a personal thing. Also not sure if the deal with the critic was commentary by I??rritu or just for the sake of the plot. Seemed pretty critical of, well, critics. Birdman was freaking hilarious and there really loved some of the more uncomfortable humorous parts.

It is really reaching and not really applicable, but the whole time I had a real Death to Smoochy vibe. Maybe it was Edward Norton or the whole production scene (kids show vs. stage play).

Glad we were away for Thanksgiving and got to see it since it won't play around us any time soon.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
i enjoyed the movie, but calling it the best movie of the year is ludicrous. the ending was pretty disappointing.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I was just trying to figure out where to post that a SHITLOAD (yes, caps-worthy) of screeners just showed up on the webs. I've got a full weekend ahead of me it seems.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's Oscar season. Everyone with a SAG card is allowed to vote, even people that just handle lighting. They ALL get screener DVD copies of all these movies. As a result, they make it to the internet. Always around Oscar season.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Belated hollywood xmas present to the world

Some parts were good. Some parts were annoyingly slow. The ending was a bummer. I enjoyed the parts where they were working out the details of the play, like the lines, the most, which was heavy in the beginning. I was hoping it would continue like that. It went real heavy into other stuff instead. The jellyfish thing was cool though.

7/10. Well done, novel, usually tepid with a few moments of intriguing