The Book of Boba Fett

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This is only 7 episodes.... so there is a lot of ground to cover in the finale. The sandcrawler with the gigantic skull mounted on the hood was adorable by the way.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
That must've been the skull of the Krayt Mando killed with Cobb Vanth and the sand people. You could see its ribcage was repurposed for the bar in Freetown/Mos Pelgo.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
God that episode was fucking good. I suspect they are going to leave the choice at the end of the episode for season 3 of Mando

I like how the marshal knew they were fucked when the deputy started getting jumpy - he seemed to know who he was dealing with

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Good shit. Not sure how they'll cram everything in. The one maybe nitpick was the little guy jumping around looking like a crappy 80s puppet had to be an intentional touch, not really sure how I feel about that.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow,

That was all the way in for Star Wars. Excellent Episode with new bad guys(Those of us who have not watched Clone Wars), and actually showing the instruction process for Jedi training with Luke Skywalker. The Skull on the Java transport was like a "kick ass" hood ornament. I loved that. The stand off with the sheriff was incredible. I figured he was going to lose but hopefully he survived and redemption might come into play. This show went from, kinda boring too " Its like a real Star Wars movie, really fast and I love it.

Can we just pretend that the last three Star Wars movies never happened and start from this point?

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Second Cad Bane showed up I was hoping so bad for Vanth to back down ugh. Not many if any have got the upper hand on Cad correct?

• 2Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Knew the deputy was fucked though.

And no, Cad Bane held his own against Obiwan himself. I think he even used a lightsaber in a fight.

• 2Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Damn that episode was awesome. So much packed into it. I have no clue who that cowboy guy is and he looks weird for the Star Wars universe but Im all in. So funny how the only good episodes have zero Boba in them.

• 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
So I quit after episode 2 but after you guys hyped up episode 5, I watched what I missed. I should have skipped 3 and 4 and just started at 5. In fact this entire show should be started at episode 5 while ignoring 1-4.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Homsar

So I quit after episode 2 but after you guys hyped up episode 5, I watched what I missed. I should have skipped 3 and 4 and just started at 5. In fact this entire show should be started at episode 5 while ignoring 1-4.
Luckily I have only watched ep 5-6 from my friends advice heh

• 3Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Still a bit off when you see the mouth move (which they minimized using camera angles and perspective) but damn that looked sharp.

Only thing is you can't zoom out on a deepfake.

Has to be all tight shots. Camera can't pan out. When they panned once or twice and did a long distance shot, the effect couldn't hold up it's integrity due to scale. They could have probably worked more on the long distance shots, but instead they just minimized the amount of time they would zoom out. The effect looked terrible at range.

• 2Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Now I'm pretty sure there was a lot of truth to the rumors that Pedro Pascal was on the outs after he threw a fit about his contract and showing his face on-screen some more. Disney called his bluff and shot the first few episodes as a Boba Fett show and as table-setting for more Filoniverse stuff. When Pascal eventually buckled is when they started shooting episodes five, six and seven which is exactly what a third Mando season was supposed to be. It also explains the "filler" quality of the first four episodes.

Still works out because there's still a lot of ground to cover to turn the Filoniverse into the new live action canon and to set up for the Ahsoka show.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Second Cad Bane showed up I was hoping so bad for Vanth to back down ugh. Not many if any have got the upper hand on Cad correct?

Vanth knew the danger, but he got forced into it because he saw his deputy getting ready to pull his gun (notice he keeps looking to his side, trying to gauge what his deputy is about to do). Cad seemed to shoulder shot him then unloaded into the deputy. Cad is too good a shot, maiming seems intentional. If he had meant to kill him, he would have torso or headshot him, or shot multiple times.

• 2Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yeah Deputy Dan was toast the moment his mouth opened. Vanth is clearly only winged (and does need to get some damn armor or something)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
My only issue with this episode is how random and bipolar lukes training seems to be:
In the course of an hour it's like:
Practice lifting
practice jumping
intrusive memory recall
jumping through the forest
talking about yoda
life lessons
Lighttsaber shit
etc.

Like I get how they are trying to show different lessons etc but Luke really needs to work on his lesson plan and break down his training into more time. No wonder all his shit went south, guy is trying to cram 50 years of training into a Masterclass course.

• 1Like

j00t

yeah they should have just shown them meditating for the whole episode...

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 8 users

fris

Vyemm Raider
Yoda trained him for what, a few days? doesn't seem out of character for Luke to rush through. though it doesn't align w/ his character as he left training to go save his friends, forcing Grogu to pick doesn't make sense.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Yoda trained him for what, a few days? doesn't seem out of character for Luke to rush through. though it doesn't align w/ his character as he left training to go save his friends, forcing Grogu to pick doesn't make sense.
Pretty sure its like 8-10 weeks.

• 1Like