The Book of Boba Fett

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
its still part of the movies and any version that came out after they added "A New Hope" is a special edition because its not part of the OT.

You dumb

Screenshot_20220131-215944.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I don't understand why fett having little/no back story or lore is an excuse as to why this show is boring and shitty. It should be the opposite.. the writers had a blank canvas to write him any way they want and we ended up with whatever the hell this garbage is.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't understand why fett having little/no back story or lore is an excuse as to why this show is boring and shitty. It should be the opposite.. the writers had a blank canvas to write him any way they want and we ended up with whatever the hell this garbage is.
Boba has a ton of backstory before he appeared in BoBF. there really didnt need to be any flashbacks out of the 2 seconds for him to blast out of the Sarlacc pit and maybe a few minutes of where he was during those 4 years. so maybe ten or 15 minutes to catch everyone up and then they could get on with the show. it would have been much better if they went in a linear manner with minimal flashbacks.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i'm not saying it's an excuse for the show to be boring and shitty. i'm saying that the show ISN'T boring and shitty, but most of us have a very specific idea of who boba fett is because of all the extended universe stuff. but the writers are purposely ignoring all that, they are making a show about functionally a new character. we all wanted a show about boba fett the disintegrating badass bounty hunter, but that's honestly what the first season of mando was, more or less. the show we are getting isn't the show we wanted or expected and it's causing some major cognitive dissonance.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
just the way he says that implies a WHOLE lot of character about fett. vader is basically the scariest mf'er in the known galaxy but boba fett clearly isn't afriad of him. he's obviously taken jobs from vader before and obviously vader wanted the target alive but fett got to a point while chasing his target where he was like, screw that noise, this fool is getting disintegrated. and not only did vader ALLOW it, he continued to hire him for jobs. in just a single line of dialogue you inferred a great many terrible things about boba fett.
I dunno how you got that from this scene. I more got the feeling of "Do I gotta deal with all of these idiots?" *looks at his crew... Guess so*. But also that vader knows his shit, so he did his due diligence.

j00t

I dunno how you got that from this scene. I more got the feeling of "Do I gotta deal with all of these idiots?" *looks at his crew... Guess so*. But also that vader knows his shit, so he did his due diligence.
Just context clues, I guess. We already know that Vader doesn't tolerate insolence. He chokes his own officers out on several occasions. If he's dealing with bounty hunters, it's not because he "has to" in the sense that he's surrounded by idiots. He uses them because they are effective.

edit: also pay attention to the dialogue between vader and lando...

vs vader and boba about basically the same topic
(i think the original voice was better, but couldn't find a video of just this scene)
vader COULD have just told fett the same thing, "you'll get what we are paying you and you'll like it." but actually just calmly, and non-threateningly tells fett that he'll be appropriately compensated. that tells me that, if nothing else, vader respects boba fett.

Last edited:

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
vader COULD have just told fett the same thing, "you'll get what we are paying you and you'll like it." but actually just calmly, and non-threateningly tells fett that he'll be appropriately compensated. that tells me that, if nothing else, vader respects boba fett.
This was all before the whole mando EU bs, so I won't try to make some sith respect mandos deal out of it. Mando has shown himself competent to vader in the movie, as he was the one that came up with the plan that allowed the imperials to track and then ambush han, and vader definitely respects competence. Lando did absolutely nothing for vader except be some foppish mining foreman. No doubt Boba earned respect from vader, but I just don't see it being there before that.

j00t

This was all before the whole mando EU bs, so I won't try to make some sith respect mandos deal out of it. Mando has shown himself competent to vader in the movie, as he was the one that came up with the plan that allowed the imperials to track and then ambush han, and vader definitely respects competence. Lando did absolutely nothing for vader except be some foppish mining foreman. No doubt Boba earned respect from vader, but I just don't see it being there before that.
yeah, i can respect your viewpoint on that... but overall, i think this is the primary issue people are having with the current show. the movies don't give an any answers on this stuff. i just easily assume that vader has worked with bounty hunters in the past, and has a modicum of respect for those characters we see (ig-88, bossk, dengar, etc), but that isn't explicitly shown to be true so i can't really argue one way or another. it makes sense to ME that he's worked with them before and respects them, but we all have to fill in the blanks for our arguments to hold up.

the show doesn't allow for our imagination though, and that's generally fine for what it is, but it means that the guy they are talking about is glaringly different from the guy we imagined in our heads for 40 years. honestly, that's all my point is. i don't know if the show COULD be any good based on that premise.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
the show doesn't allow for our imagination though, and that's generally fine for what it is, but it means that the guy they are talking about is glaringly different from the guy we imagined in our heads for 40 years. honestly, that's all my point is. i don't know if the show COULD be any good based on that premise.
I think its fair that nobody expected boba to be some old fat guy that moves slow and is kind hearted or something.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
well, Lucas thought more of Boba than kids did. George knew everyone hated Jar Jar, he put him in all the prquels and inserted him into Return of The Jedi SE just to be a fucking prick. so fan input means nothing to him. Boba was teased in the Holiday special and he got his own subplot in the prequels. that tells me this is a George character as well as a fans character. Disney Boba is mess, but maybe they can dig themselves out of this hole.
Exact opposite. To lucas, Boba fett was effortless cash from toy revenue. The fans created all this bullshit backstory, basically invented the entire mandalorian culture mythos from a throwaway character in a cool suit of armor.

George went out of his way, in what you call his "subplot" in the prequels, just to trash bobas origin and make him a test tube baby clone and definitely NOT a mandalorian, just out of spite.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Exact opposite. To lucas, Boba fett was effortless cash from toy revenue. The fans created all this bullshit backstory, basically invented the entire mandalorian culture mythos from a throwaway character in a cool suit of armor.

George went out of his way, in what you call his "subplot" in the prequels, just to trash bobas origin and make him a test tube baby clone and definitely NOT a mandalorian, just out of spite.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
...and now he has a sister which will be a far more interesting storyline cause she's not beholden to ridiculous tie-ins.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
We're not in disagreement here, lucas is an asshole.

The EU was always just fanfic to him. As long as the checks cleared, he just ignored it. Most of it was shitty fanfic so he didn't care. But if the lore was good, like the mandalorian shit? He took it personally, like how dare someone come up with good content for his universe?

He killed off boba fett in the most inept way possible in jedi as a fuck you. So when people started expanding his backstory and lore of the mandalorian stuff he went out of his way in the prequels to sabotage him by explicitly making him not a mandalorian but a test tube clone instead. Out of spite.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
We're not in disagreement here, lucas is an asshole.

The EU was always just fanfic to him. As long as the checks cleared, he just ignored it. Most of it was shitty fanfic so he didn't care. But if the lore was good, like the mandalorian shit? He took it personally, like how dare someone come up with good content for his universe?

He killed off boba fett in the
Most inept way possible in jedi as a fuck you. So when people started expanding his backstory and lore of the mandalorian stuff he went out of his way in the prequels to sabotage him by explicitly making him not a mandalorian but a test tube clone instead. Out of spite.
yes, we can agree on that. George did a lot of stuff out of spite. hell he probably sold Lucasfilm and the movies because nobody liked his Red Tails shitshow or that horrible Indy 4. he probably wrote Indy Temple of Doom as a fuck you to his ex wife. the real brains behind Star Wars.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What I don't understand is when and how did he get fat?

He was slim when he fell in the Rancor pit and yet put on weight while he was down there. Surely being digested helps you loose weight...

Then he lives with Sand People for years drinking skanky water pods and eating scraps of food and yet still manages to retain his post-Sarlaac chub.

• 2Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That meme does not make sense. Boba Fett is not the original Mandalorian. His father might be as he clearly wears the gear.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
That meme does not make sense. Boba Fett is not the original Mandalorian. His father might be as he clearly wears the gear.

I don't know why people still talk about this. Mandalorian settled Jango and Boba's "Mandalorianess" for good in the last season. They even put a nod to the old EU in there for the nerds.

Jango and Boba are Mandalorians in the canon. Maybe George said they weren't, but Disney overrules whatever he said.

• 2Like