The Boys

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Fuck you are stupid. Taking V creates a moral dilemma for the characters. It is literally the most compelling thing about this season. It gives the characters depth, humanized them and makes the story be more than explosions and various pew pews. Saying it cheapens the show is pants on head retarded.

That's wrong, Homelander is again the most compelling thing about the season.

Saying the temp V does all that dumb shit is a pretty bad take. The "moral dilemma" just appeared out of nowhere and doesn't track with the characters we've seen over the last 2 1/2 seasons.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Every character has turned Into assholes. Frenchie and MM are the only ones that havent got broke. The female is going to hate not having powers when she can't help frenchie
Mm is really the only one. Frenchie is implied to have a sketchy past and simps for a brutal hit woman.

Also was Huey written to be a permanent insufferable pussy in the comics?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, temp V opens up new complexities for the characters to deal with (which is good), but that kind of dilemma isn't what the show was about for the prior seasons.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Debating if this iteration of "temp V" is better or worse than how it was handled in the comics....

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't think this show has the balls to kill off characters. I think Maev and Frenchie are done this season. Even though he should die A-Train won't get killed off.

Also hate that noir isnt OP anymore

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah, temp V opens up new complexities for the characters to deal with (which is good), but that kind of dilemma isn't what the show was about for the prior seasons.

That's pretty much my point.

It's just sprung on us that taking V is some atrocity that they can't accept, when nothing in the past 2.5 seasons ever suggested it. Everything was them against the specific Supes that wronged them and then to a lesser extent Vought which brought them together

Taking V seems like their only realistic chance of success, so going to need more than "its bad just accept it" for it to be believable.

Maybe it was handled better in the comics, only have a passing knowledge of them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

That's pretty much my point.

It's just sprung on us that taking V is some atrocity that they can't accept, when nothing in the past 2.5 seasons ever suggested it. Everything was them against the specific Supes that wronged them and then to a lesser extent Vought which brought them together

Taking V seems like their only realistic chance of success, so going to need more than "its bad just accept it" for it to be believable.

Maybe it was handled better in the comics, only have a passing knowledge of them.
It's kinda the point, everyone breaks or is greedy for the most part. No clue what route the show will go.

The whole MM / soldier boy is definitely new

Last edited:

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
My "prroblem" is, they are doing it again.
OK, they had 3 doses, they could've used them strategically and that's that (forces them to make interesting choices etc., like it's been mentioned above). Then Hughie wasted one for his own kicks and everyone is fine with that (other than being concerned for him and his health)? Nobody even mentioned that it was the last one?!? That seemed to me out of Butcher's character, not to bust his balls for doing it.So all 3 gone in a single episode.Then the next episode they get a bunch more, and now it feels cheap. They can keep getting more and more (well, until WW gets her head lasered off or something). Why not just have them all pump up for the last time, confront Homelander and be done with it? Well, that would be the end of the series?
Hopefully they have more interesting stuff ahead, I still find S3 better than S2 and I hope it stays that way.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I'm thinking that 'temp V' may not be as temporary as they would like to make out. While lingering effects would be problematic for the desire to sell it as a weapon for the military to use, Voughts chemists don't seem to be terribly good at their jobs.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My "prroblem" is, they are doing it again.
OK, they had 3 doses, they could've used them strategically and that's that (forces them to make interesting choices etc., like it's been mentioned above). Then Hughie wasted one for his own kicks and everyone is fine with that (other than being concerned for him and his health)? Nobody even mentioned that it was the last one?!? That seemed to me out of Butcher's character, not to bust his balls for doing it.So all 3 gone in a single episode.Then the next episode they get a bunch more, and now it feels cheap. They can keep getting more and more (well, until WW gets her head lasered off or something). Why not just have them all pump up for the last time, confront Homelander and be done with it? Well, that would be the end of the series?
Hopefully they have more interesting stuff ahead, I still find S3 better than S2 and I hope it stays that way.
That whole "This team is falling apart", "There is no team" etc. etc. shit thats going on, along with both Butcher and Hughie taking temporary V is just.. Idk, poorly thought out? I'm not even sure why the "team" is falling apart? Maybe I didnt pay close enough attention. I just feel like its tacked on to give some kind of artificial tension between the characters. Mothers Milk and Soldier Boy tension hasnt quite been explained either, has it? Like, okay - he killed his family? No, wait, they just said his dad died from heart failure. Wait, what?

In a way, I kind of wish I knew more about the comics so if I miss something integral - I wont be completely lost. But I'm really hoping all this stuff is explained in the series and I'm just missing it cause Im falling asleep from watching it too late at night.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Anyways, more interested in why Homelander seems to be afraid of Soldier Boy.

Don't know if he's just unsure of who's more powerful, or if he knows something about the depowering

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Err, is there any indication Homelander knows it is Soldier Boy?

Homelander getting hit with a nerf blast is what nearly all shows have to do once the power levels get out of control, but him being relatively powerless was already covered by Stormfront, and pretending to still have his full powers was covered by A-Train, so then what do you do?

I just don't see a narratively satisfying way to keep the show going once Homelander tries to take over the world - that's series endgame material only.

Homsar

I think it's him seeing someone that powerful and not knowing anything and also him being in a new position at Vaught and not having anyone cover for him like Edgar said

• 1Like

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
There is no indication Homelander knows its Soldier Boy... right now its just him playing it as just another issue around here as he has his first tastes as nr1 around Vought, right? Ashley is a puppet, he stands supreme... but here comes this trouble... he just wants to make sure no one is worrying too much about it... but he doesn't know much about it.

But there are plenty of reasons for him to fear Soldier Boy. First and foremost is just star power and maybe even just raw power.
Soldier Boy didn't really acknowledge any kind of pact with The Boys... but... he didn't say no either... we will see where this goes.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if the soldier boy team went through what everyone else was going through now with homelander. They realized soldier boy was getting out of control and giving him to the russians was there way of getting rid of him.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I wonder if the soldier boy team went through what everyone else was going through now with homelander. They realized soldier boy was getting out of control and giving him to the russians was there way of getting rid of him.

I mean, that was pretty much confirmed by his girlfriend when he asked her how much money she got and she said none. There was no money.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I do love how genuinely terrible nearly all the supers are when it comes to using their abilities.

• 1Like