The Boys

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Because Homelander is a petulant child who struggles to be the good corporate mascot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
I think Stan hates his personality mainly because he is confident, smug and doesn't respond well to taking orders unlike the other supes.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
yeah i've never read the comics but it makes sense from a TV storytelling arc standpoint that season 4 ends with Homelander completely depowered due to Soldier Boy who replaces him, then the next season The Boys work with Homelander to fight Soldier Boy and along the way Homelander gets his powers back, coin toss on whether he is #TeamGood or #TeamBad

If Homelander gets his powers taken away I wouldn't believe anything other than Butcher immediately killing him. Killing Homelander is his entire motivation for everything he does. No way they'd team up.

As far as him and Edgar go, it could also be something as simple as Homelander's constant desire to feel loved and might see Edgar as a father figure who's approval he always wants but never gets. They constantly show Homelander's main concern is people loving him. Even when he lost it and told everyone to get fucked, as soon as he found out his numbers went up he was 100% back in.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
How do you have a episode that features a coke fueled orgy filled with Russian whores yet don't show a single pair of tits? Yet in the very same episode you get two different scenes with man ass.

Oh yeah and the tucker carlson standin saying he wants to get pegged.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
you can thank Harvey Weinstein for every show now featuring zero female nudity and male ass and occasional dong

we need some guys taking one for the team and getting date rape drugged and butt fucked by Kathleen Kennedy's and Shonda Rhimes and posting it all to TMZ to restore balance to the force

Stan Edgar said last episode he wants to pivot Vought away from supes and into a regular corporation, makes sense and being the sole supplier of Temp V while taking Compound V off the market completely makes $$ sense but I think he knows once you've let the superhero genie out of the bottle its impossible to put it back in. He clearly has some ideas though, maybe he does want to return to a world without superheroes, period. I doubt we'll see it this season, but I could see season 5 finally have some flashbacks to how Vought started and deep secrets about superhero origins and maybe ways to shut it all down.

edit: torrents for episode 5 are already out, guess it drops super early in some part of the world (wont drop on amazon USA for a bunch more hours still)

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I love that Jim Beavers character is named Robert Singer just like in Supernatural.

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I love that they release this at Friday GMT time. I'm also glad that the musical bit in this episode was very short. From some of the marketing I was worried it was going to be a full-blown thing.

• 1Solidarity

Cybsled

No such thing as Alphas, lol. That nonsense is right up there with the earth is flat.

I didn't even want to bother arguing that one

He is referring to the idea of alpha wolves and alpha wolf behavior as originally told by old observations. Updated wolf studies and observations have debunked a lot of those old perceptions, but it still lingers

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I take back what I said about it making fun of both sides after the new episode. This show is hard left.

• 4Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I take back what I said about it making fun of both sides after the new episode. This show is hard left.
Yeah, just when I thought I might be back in, they're starting to lose me. S2 lost me around E4-5ish as well, to the point I never even bothered finishing the season. I'll give them 1 more episode to see what happens, but it's getting bad right around the same point S2 did for me.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wish A-train would die at this point. I am tired of his boring angle. I am also kind of tired of looking at Starlight's facelift. The actress was naturally pretty. Now she has kind of fallen off given her choice not to go with Team Soldier Boy. I guess Starlight was going to try and blind Soldier Boy? They mentioned attempting to damage the Cornea in the Russian video which would imply that it heals pretty fast. I am curious as to what she thinks she is going to do. I assume she is going to try and go after Maeve. After that, join Homelander? I think not. I currently only see two real sides with all this until we get to see Edgar's angle. Edgar could be the monkey wrench to both sides.

Kimiko losing her abilities is an odd angle if it is permanent. I am guessing there is a way they return if not by time then something else. I liked her character. I am not sure I understand her joy for not having them. Oh yay she gets to be a regular vulnerable human being? Its like being human and losing your legs. I can still get around but I want my legs given the choice. Now if her voice is linked to her powers, then maybe I get it. Even so, I would gladly lose my voice and gain her powers.

I like how sides are forming.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Frenchie going to die and kimiko can't save him. She will want her powers back. That's my guess anyways.

• 2Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I am not sure I understand her joy for not having them. Oh yay she gets to be a regular vulnerable human being?

It was made clear one episode back that she is sick and tired of being used by various factions as a weapon because of her powers. She just wants a normal life with her boyfriend.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I feel like the blue sentinal guy crippling his friend finally gives A Train a place in the story. Id like to see him go all vigilante on his ass and not be a sad sack ass kisser for a change.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
  • 1Like