The Boys

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What all do we know about black noirs powers. After finding out you just need peanuts to defeat him I thought he would be afraid of a lot more people. It really makes sense that he went behind Vaught and SB back and is now on the run from both of them

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
What all do we know about black noirs powers. After finding out you just need peanuts to defeat him I thought he would be afraid of a lot more people. It really makes sense that he went behind Vaught and SB back and is now on the run from both of them

We know he can regenerate like Kimiko, that he is super resistant to damage (took a full blast to the face from that sandpeople supervillain in S1 and only got a little singed), and has at least some super strength and agility.

He may be stronger than average supes since he was seemingly able to subdue Queen Maeve, but since he ambushed her from behind the element of surprise may have played a big part, plus we never did see what happened to her after the ambush.

In the comics he's another story altogether, but show Black Noir is going in a completely different direction so far.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

We know he can regenerate like Kimiko, that he is super resistant to damage (took a full blast to the face from that sandpeople supervillain in S1 and only got a little singed), and has at least some super strength and agility.

He may be stronger than average supes since he was seemingly able to subdue Queen Maeve, but since he ambushed her from behind the element of surprise may have played a big part, plus we never did see what happened to her after the ambush.

In the comics he's another story altogether, but show Black Noir is going in a completely different direction so far.
Can he regenerate? Obviously his face never regenerated. Also isn't the mindstorm guy still alive from Payback so maybe they find him next?

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Can he regenerate? Obviously his face never regenerated. Also isn't the mindstorm guy still alive from Payback so maybe they find him next?

Yes we saw him regenerate when he was fighting Kimiko in S1, they were just tearing wildly at one another and healing right back.

That's probably also how he survived his Almond Joy poisoning, the head wound he got in Nicaragua, and why he just slices his own arm open in the elevator.

As for Payback, I think we'll see Soldier Boy and Black Noir last, so yeah there's still the Professor X of the group left I think, since the flying dude got gibbed by the russians in Nicaragua.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Next episode is the one where soldier boy obviously smashes someones face to a pulp with his shield, no clue if it's going to be anyone important. I love his damn costume, I'm curious how much his shield is supposed to weigh on the show, Huey trying to pick it up like it was Mjoloir

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
I think part of why Homelander was getting his ass kicked for a bit in that fight is 1) because he has never really needed to fight a real fight before and 2) he was so shocked and outraged by the normies having powers and him getting actually punched / damaged that he didn't really have time to react accordingly.

I'd agree there - Homelander really should be shit at fighting someone of equal power - how could he have practiced ? Being invulnerable isn't much help at teaching you to deal with the pain and disorientation from being punched in the face.

• 3Like

Homsar

I thought it was very well done, Homelander was thinking SB might kick his ass and had that whole speach to his alter ego to get confidence. Then he makes a comment about soldier boy not being that strong in the middle of the fight then Butcher fucks with him. Homelander is now not god/invincible and will need help and noir his favorite bailed.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The homelander alter ego being a white supremacist is fucking stupid. "Mud people" lol.

• 3Picard

spronk

FPS noob
mud people is a reference to non supes, like in Harry Potter world (mudbloods). "everyone who is not a supe is from the mud"

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea but didnt his alter ego say something else implying him to be PURE blood or something? The white supremacy shit has already been shouted from the rooftops on this show, so it is possible, but its also possible they are using it as a red herring while actually meaning supe blood etc.

Homsar

He's always thought he was better than everyone, I loved when soldier boy said he was a knockoff of him and it pissed him off and start the fight. Homelander wants to be a god, not saying Kripke isn't TDS but I feel people are trying to connect shit that wasn't implied with anything political. Homelander has always thought he was perfect and the best of everyone

Also soldier boy can only use his power when ptsd kicks it I guess?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

bolok

Trakanon Raider
It seemed like he was revving it up while not being under the russian disco trance during the brawl before homelander ran away. But it seemed to be taking longer?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It seemed like he was revving it up while not being under the russian disco trance during the brawl before homelander ran away. But it seemed to be taking longer?
I was thinking maybe there is a cooldown period before it can be used again.

If Homelander is smart he will just stay airborne the next time they fight. None of them can fly so it reduces his risk significantly.

I also don’t think the mirror scene was trying to make a white supremacy comment. The Boys usually isn’t subtle at all about that stuff. I think it was meant to show his narcissistic side vs his humanistic side. Pure blood and mud people comments are meant to juxtapose his Godlike status vs the fragile, useless humans he’s surrounded by and tbh if it wasn’t for the massive personality disorders afflicting him he wouldn’t be wrong.

• 2Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
I also don’t think the mirror scene was trying to make a white supremacy comment. The Boys usually isn’t subtle at all about that stuff. I think it was meant to show his narcissistic side vs his humanistic side. Pure blood and mud people comments are meant to juxtapose his Godlike status vs the fragile, useless humans he’s surrounded by and tbh if it wasn’t for the massive personality disorders afflicting him he wouldn’t be wrong.

Homelander isn't previously shown to be racist, he's exasperated more than anything at Stormfront's attempts along those lines - he just thinks that he is better than everyone else, which is honestly hard to argue with ;p

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Brad2770

Looked like they showed Homelander as clearly superior 1-on-1 against any of them.

But in the first episode we saw Maeve just stand there as an armored truck crashed into her and got crushed to shit without so much as moving a hair on her head, then Maeve be no match for Stormfront, and then Stormfront get blown to shit by Homelander's son. He was also able to realize Stillwell's apartment was exploding and still get Butcher out safely before the explosion even got to him. That's faster than A-Train.

He was clearly built up to be Superman, but then Hughie was somehow a help in restraining him when he just reached "open my own jar" level of strength.

I haven’t watched season 1 since it aired, but I think I remember Maeve being bruised or being sore from that armored truck impact.

• 1Like

j00t

the fight with homelander was the exact definition of "everyone has a plan until you get punched in the face." he's never been hurt before and he's going to carry that with him. the way he stares in the mirror at the little bruise he has is the exact same way you look at your lamborghini when it gets it's first scratch.

and homelander IS racist, but he's racist against humans. his whole alter ego speech specifically points out that the human side of homelander is what he needs to cut out to be pure.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I haven’t watched season 1 since it aired, but I think I remember Maeve being bruised or being sore from that armored truck impact.

Was she? It's possible that it was shown later and wasn't as memorable as the intro scene where she's smiling as the car wraps around her

Xevy

Log Wizard
Maeve talks about breaking her arm holding up a schoolbus full of children or something at some point.

• 2Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Homelander would have merc’ed SB had Butcher not shocked him by getting up. It’s going to be interesting to see how they all respond to everything in the next episode.

• 1Like