The Boys

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
What all do we know about black noirs powers. After finding out you just need peanuts to defeat him I thought he would be afraid of a lot more people. It really makes sense that he went behind Vaught and SB back and is now on the run from both of them

It's hard to guess what the plot with Noir is since it's so different than what the comic side is it makes zero sense. It's all a made up at this point.

The power scaling of the supes is pretty inconsistent though, and Homelander did come off much weaker than he has been built up this episode. Really him and solider boy should be head and shoulders above butcher but whatever like I said before it's entertaining and not boring to watch so it's a win even if the writing is a little stupid at times.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Frankly, do we even know if current Black Noir is 80's Black Noir? Neither his burnt face in Season 2 nor his arm in this episode look particularly black.

I honestly expect some sort of twist on the tracker front - either Noir removed it to _join_ Soldier Boy, or to hide from him to prevent people from finding it out he's not the old Noir.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Noir is an active superhero so he would be the easiest and closest to find. But neither Butcher nor Annie consider him at all, we simply get a scene of him bailing when he finds out about Soldier Boy. Instead, literally everyone heads to Vermont. Odds are he is not the same Noir and they might still go the comic route, meaning they deliberately threw us off with the old flashback.

• 1Like

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I will give kripke credit for not following the comics closely and keeping the same quality unlike GoT.

I watched the new umbrella academy and the did the whole ego thing with their supes and all I thought about was this series

• 1Like

Warpath

great episode. love watching homelander descend further into madness. he is by far my favorite character on this show. what an actor

my wife turned to me about halfway through the 'herogasm' scene and said "are you happy now?"

Happy If You Say So GIF

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

Brad2770

great episode. love watching homelander descend further into madness. he is by far my favorite character on this show. what an actor

my wife turned to me about halfway through the 'herogasm' scene and said "are you happy now?"

Happy If You Say So GIF

Your response should have been “I want you inside of me”

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Caliane

not watching this shit, but still reading you guys posting about it. haha.

if Homelander is now doing the comic insanity, and talking to himself perhaps the Black noir storyline is going to playout.
but in reverse. split personality Homelander is going to impersonate Black noir to go do horrible things. without having to be seen as Homelander doing it.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
not watching this shit, but still reading you guys posting about it. haha.

if Homelander is now doing the comic insanity, and talking to himself perhaps the Black noir storyline is going to playout.
but in reverse. split personality Homelander is going to impersonate Black noir to go do horrible things. without having to be seen as Homelander doing it.

That actually could work since Noir fucked off and is likely off the grid for the time being.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just got caught up on the last two episodes. Based on the comments here I was expecting to be annoyed, but was surprisingly content.

Herogasm was funny and all, but it wasn’t as shocking or nearly as over the top as I had expected.

I’ll continue to watch this.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I assume this weeks episode will be a slow burn before we get another big fight and conclusions for the season finale.

Butcher and co need to wrap this up quickly because they don’t have an infinite supply of Temp V and Maeve is gone now. Unless they find another source I can’t imagine they’ve got much left.

We also need to see what Head Poppers plan is in all of this and Stan Edgar is probably still working on some plan, likely with Black Noir now.

I wonder if a near defeat will cause Homelander to juice up with more V too? They’ve explicitly shown us that he has access to it, and we know other members of the 7 have abused it as adults before.

• 2Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm sure Maeve is still around. No way they kill her offscreen and not even show a body.

Starlight's also going full retard playing the moral superiority card while doing something where, if successful, would lead to Homelander killing millions

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure Maeve is still around. No way they kill her offscreen and not even show a body.

Starlight's also going full retard playing the moral superiority card while doing something where, if successful, would lead to Homelander killing millions
Yeah, they really need to throw Starlight's grandstanding in her face at some point. I hope her "American sweetheart" bullshit leads to countless deaths.

Malakriss

If the show version of Soldier Boy didn't randomly go explosive when hearing Russian he would be more decent than 90% of the supes we've seen so far. His main flaw is having PTSD from being betrayed, abducted, tortured, and experimented on.

Starlight's actions only make sense if SB actually deals with Homelander. Which is exactly Butcher/Hughie's plan.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Next episode is going to feel dull / lame as fuck, just because of the sheer amount of over the top shit in this one. We've got what, 2 more episodes left?

The comics were stretched across 6 books for this episode - I wonder what all was left out?
I started watching a video on it and Herogasm was an entire island where every super hero was in attendance. Also suppossedly we learn something sbout supes or Vaught being involved in 9/11. Seems like the show deviated a bunch.

As for Solider Boy, Jensen Ackles is great. Talking about being high as fuck and storming Normandy. Cosby as Americas dad etc. Dude was killing me. Also they had a geiger counter for him or something. I think when he gets stressed or it builds up to much he blacks out and explodes essentially.

Also Homelander was definitely stronger and more resistant than Soldier Boy though not by a large margin. Soldier Boy knows how to fight though and that should have been enough plus the chest explosion which I think was on cool down from the previous explosion.

Butcher is definitely weaker than Homelander but is probably the best hand to hand guy in the brawl there by a long shot.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The showrunner literally said he was 100% going for Trump. I linked the interview in this very thread.

Anyways, was annoyed they did that shit that happens with superheroes where they're suddenly much weaker for no reason.

Homelander seemed much closer to Captain America than the Superman he's been portrayed as.

Now ask yourself if the showrunners think the average viewer is more aware of Limbaugh's opinions or Trump's. Or you can just read the interview Ambiturner Ambiturner linked.

OK great. I went back and found the link. If he's being true to the comics, he can "see homelander as trump" all he wants, but the comics were well before trump escaped the democrat plantation. If he's not being true to the source then he just sucks because his words in the big speech sound a lot more like Rush Limbaugh and a number of other right wing media guys. That was most assuredly not a Trump speech. Maybe it's closer to Glen Beck.

• 2Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Also I've seen people theorize that TempV works at a subconcious level and not exactly like V24 powerup. Butcher is basically mirroring Homelander because he despises him so much. Hughie's first instinct is to run away from danger so he gets Nightcrawler teleport.

My theory is that's how the regular V works too. If you look at all of them the powers compliment their personalities. kimiko even came to the conclusion that the V didn't make her a monster, that she always was one.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
If the show version of Soldier Boy didn't randomly go explosive when hearing Russian he would be more decent than 90% of the supes we've seen so far. His main flaw is having PTSD from being betrayed, abducted, tortured, and experimented on.

Except that there was a reason the rest of his team betrayed him. Even homelander still has some loyal teammates.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
OK great. I went back and found the link. If he's being true to the comics, he can "see homelander as trump" all he wants, but the comics were well before trump escaped the democrat plantation. If he's not being true to the source then he just sucks because his words in the big speech sound a lot more like Rush Limbaugh and a number of other right wing media guys. That was most assuredly not a Trump speech. Maybe it's closer to Glen Beck.
I mean season 2 made it obvious the showrunners have tailored the show to fit their perception of current events.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Homelander's loyal lackies are the self-serving Jogger who burned up his powers and The Derp, biggest moron on the show. It remains to be seen where Black Noir stands on loyalty, but considering he was running errands for Edgars last season I am guessing its not Homelander who he ultimately answers to. SB has a lot of vices and PTSD, but he does not have the megalomania that Homelander has.

And on that general topic, I think A-Train is the shittiest person on the show. He has been given multiple chances to redeem himself, but always reverts to selfish short term gratification behavior. People have given him second chances and he as always chosen to do the shitty thing. Even Blue Hawk tried to genuinely make amends before A Train encouraged a full on chimp out on him. Pretty much all the other flawed characters have solid reasons for how they ended up who they were (Homelander is a genetic creation, Butcher had an asshole father and lost his wife, Deep is basically retarded, ect), but A Hole Train specifically chose to be a piece of shit repeatedly.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users