The Boys

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I dont see Silver Hawk as particularly good or bad, just a guy trying to do his job in a shitty situation who is more or less fed up with the bullshit and snaps when they got in his grill. And A Train absolutely played the race card. Remember the older episode where he went to a sports clothing store and went all angry black man because the store clerk was keeping an eye on him until he was recognized. Dude is not just a piece of shit (almost all the characters are), he is willfully so.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
a-train is racist.
blue hawk gave a bullshit canned apology but the crowd incited him. that said he probably wouldn't have wrecked a white people town hall.
soldier boy was a typical narcissist sociopath supe but the torture gives him a clean slate psychologically, some of those experiments were pretty brutal.
i hope homelander leans into the god complex more, i like the gollum side
butcher overuses cunt

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
I dont see Silver Hawk as particularly good or bad, just a guy trying to do his job in a shitty situation who is more or less fed up with the bullshit and snaps when they got in his grill. And A Train absolutely played the race card. Remember the older episode where he went to a sports clothing store and went all angry black man because the store clerk was keeping an eye on him until he was recognized. Dude is not just a piece of shit (almost all the characters are), he is willfully so.

its Blue Hawk not Silver Hawk. The Boys wiki page for him:
At some point in his life, he would eventually become a superhero to fight crime under the mantle "Blue Hawk" but despite this, he is actually a racist and blames African-American people for ongoing crime in the United States hence, targeting black criminals and civilians, killing or severely injuring many of them. As a result, he garnered notoriety and infamy due to his actions despite being covered up by Vought International.

Blue Hawk is clearly written as a parallel for George Zimmerman, I mean he even looks like the guy. I guess the only way the writers coulda been more in your face is if he killed a 17 year old slamming Sizzurp in the meeting while posing for gram photos with guns. He is also meant to be a stand in for "blue lives matter" activism.

I gotta admire the writers, almost all of them are hardcore "SJWs" as some of you would call it and there is a TON of progressive/liberal idealogy in this season, especially when it comes to toxic masculinity (pretty much the central theme of the season -- Hughie and Starlights relationship) but it seems to be easily ignorable if you want to I guess? I do foresee a moment in the show soon where a ton of people are going to go "FUCK THIS SHOW" this season though, similar to the "Girls get it done" moment of s2.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What the writers intended and how it came off are two different things. And as he said, statistics are statistics. If you are going to fight crime, you go where the crime is. I think that was the unintentional point that got made is that he is not a good guy, but he is not wrong either. And yeah now that you mention the Zimmerman connection, I see it. My original take on him was burned out on ghetto crime cop guy.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I don’t get how people view A-Train as racist. What am I missing? I think he’s huge narcissistic piece of shit who only cares about himself (until the last episode perhaps) but I don’t see him being racist.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
What the writers intended and how it came off are two different things. And as he said, statistics are statistics. If you are going to fight crime, you go where the crime is. I think that was the unintentional point that got made is that he is not a good guy, but he is not wrong either. And yeah now that you mention the Zimmerman connection, I see it. My original take on him was burned out on ghetto crime cop guy.

He was murdering people without proof for things you'd never get the death penalty for. He curb stomped an unarmed person he thought was a mugger but a-trains brother said that he was just walking home from work. I think you're absolutely reading your own biases into how you've seen those scenes because the show makes it clear that he's going way overboard.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
i pointed it out before, in the scene where he's talking to himself in the mirror where he calls humans "mud people." he's not racist as a white person, he's racist as a god. any non super hero he considers below him. i mean, he considers everyone below him, but regular humans are a step below. he's racist against the entire human race.

He's right, though. He literally is a god and humans are inferior to him. Not realizing that would be its own disorder.

A-Train's clearly not racist. Everyone was making fun of his Africa outfit and nobody was buying his little act.

Also agree with Phazael that Blue Hawk didn't seem as bad as they were probably intending. The "he was coming home from work" sounded a lot like "he was going to go to college/was turning his life around", but then again I'm definitely biased

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I can't believe our society has been so mind-fucked that adults are arguing for pages and pages whether or not a fictional character is "racist."

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I can't believe our society has been so mind-fucked that adults are arguing for pages and pages whether or not a fictional character is "racist."
I believe they were trying to figure out if he was racist or not and what motive/agenda the producer is trying to push with the changes from the comic to the show. So it kind of goes with talking about the show in the shows thread? Its just as useless as talking about who is stronger when just about all of them has Super Human Strength. Does it matter? Not one fucking bit, but its something to nerd out on.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

THE FUCK?
1656538348237.png

• 3Worf
  • 2WTF
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 8 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I mean, there's no butcher either. I wouldn't read too much into anyone missing.

And Erin Moriarty definitely looks like she's on the expressway to meth town.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Homelander's entrance in that final scene was 10 out of 10. Rarely do I actually laugh when i'm watching something by myself, but the way he casually stepped on the guy begging for help had me dieing. Best character on TV atm and it's not even close.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Homelander's entrance in that final scene was 10 out of 10. Rarely do I actually laugh when i'm watching something by myself, but the way he casually stepped on the guy begging for help had me dieing. Best character on TV atm and it's not even close.

With how shitty even the "good guys" are, I'm legit rooting for Homelander to just murder the fuck out of everyone

• 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users