The Boys

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Desert Storm we had a communal shower tent.
I felt nasty af on a daily basis in Afghanistan and I wasnt even 11B. I'd just be happy to have a shower, idc if the whole camp saw.
---
I dont think Maeve is going to die. Seems to obvious after Homelander has been saying hes going to kill her for the last three episodes. But maybe she will sacrifice herself or something, idk.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yep.

azewmOB_460swp~2.jpg

• 7Worf
  • 5Like
  • 2Barf
Reactions: 13 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Bro you were in the military this is probably nothing compared to the number of dicks you’ve seen!
Ya know I used joke ssying I'd seen more dick than most gay men.

Until I actually realized just how much dick gay men take.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
That was something of a let down. Though they are going all-in with the cult of personality around Homelander.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

Ugh god dammit, why is A Train srill alive

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Were they of a certain ethnic persuasion? Every instance I experienced of this involved dark green marines.
Well of course. But its too taboo to point out what a certain part of the world gave the human race in its fucking entirety.

This episode sucked fucking balls.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Meh, until we know there's a final season there won't be any massive bloodbaths.

But I am already cringing at the idea of an entire season of Trumplander doing election bits from 2020. Woof.

Also note that killing Soldier Boy is fine because he's a 'racist', despite little evidence of actual racism. (There was an offhand reference to Montgomery Alabama, but no actual evidence of any racially motivated behavior, unless we were supposed to infer that of course Soldier Boy beat up Noir because he was black.)

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
A good season but it just feels like we're right back where we started at the beginning of the show, almost.

What also annoys me more and more is the moral grandstanding by the "good" guys. Homelander is an existential threat who is unstable and clearly views everything else as worthless unless it's in service to himself. It's only a matter of time before it gets worse and now he's going to raise a more deranged version of himself in Ryan. Killing him should have taken precedence over anything else. Soldier Boy could have been dealt with later. You can understand Butcher's hesitance over letting Ryan potentially die, which is fine, but the team never should have been fractured in the first place.

If Soldier Boy is really done, that kind of sucks. A well done character, but it's hard to see where his story could go after that episode.

• 2Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
They had the January 6th shaman guy. Is anyone here still denying what they are doing politically in this show?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Homsar

Why is everyone assuming SB is done? Also he was the best part of the episode, big disappointment with Noir, Homelander explaining how he communicates with Noir was cool
so Noir doesn't have healing?

Last edited:

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Noir's healing factor didn't fix his head, it seems unlikely to fix these wounds.

But comic rules apply, without a corpse, they're fine, and even with they can come back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Homelander and Deep got the only kills this episode which is a low # for a finale. While the Noir outcome did make sense having Maeve survive and fuck off to a farm felt cheap. The decision to show that first let us know SB obviously survived before they showed the scene. The Ryan plotline is weak all around but they needed some way to have Homelander one up versus Butcher without them immediately at each others throats.

There's more character focus than supe combat and body counts, which is something the comic does better. Soldier Boy needed to have way more collateral damage and it's the fucking Vought tower they should have plenty more fodder supes to kill off than Herogasm in the boonies.

• 2Like

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Noir's healing factor didn't fix his head, it seems unlikely to fix these wounds.
Yeah, thats gonna be a real big shocker when he magically turns up next season.

Either way Im out, shit ended retarded and its clear the political retardation is only going to be getting worse and worse. Enjoy getting dick thrown into your face while listening to Seth Rogan's hot political takes.

• 2Pathetic
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
They had the January 6th shaman guy. Is anyone here still denying what they are doing politically in this show?

Who is denying it? Art imitating life. It’s also perfect. Homelander IS Trump. His supporters see him like a damn hero and the dude can do and say anything, and MAGA doesn’t care

That said, episode was ok. I just HATE the stupid kid trope movies use.

• 5Garbage
  • 3Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 11 users

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Who is denying it? Art imitating life. It’s also perfect. Homelander IS Trump. His supporters see him like a damn hero and the dude can do and say anything, and MAGA doesn’t care

That said, episode was ok. I just HATE the stupid kid trope movies use.
put down the koolaid jesus

• 3Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
well they certainly surprised everyone by not killing a single person. wait no some random libtard (literally what they called him lol) got eye beamed. Didn't see Noir's corpse, not dead. I don't know how the fuck Maeve is alive. Not one of the Boys died. No one said Butcher should take perma-V to "heal" himself although obviously thats the only solution. No appearance at all by Stan Edgar, even though Homelander should be moving heaven and earth to get to him to punish the man most responsible for his ... problems.

Who gives a shit if head popper is gonna be VP of the US? I don't really get why anyone in that world cares. The rapid way where everyone just moves on at the end from "Homelander was real enemy, now new real enemy is head popper!" was (bad) funny.

Felt like Soldier Boys contempt for Homelander was really underbaked, yeah we got that speech about how his dad treated him but typically kids vow to NOT repeat the mistakes of their parents but end up doing it anyways resulting in Shakespearean tragedy. Skipping all the middle steps is weak drama. Only one person (maeve) getting depowered was super lame, the entire soldier boy season arc felt unfinished and poorly resolved.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions: 6 users