The Boys

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I binged this show over the last few days, not knowing anything about it. This was the best show I've seen in a long time. From start to finish, I loved it. It had the perfect mix of dark comedy and drama. The acting was top notch and the special effects were movie quality. I can't wait for more. There will be more, right?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah I really only want two things aside from season 2 to get here as fast as possible. Number one if the homelander actor breaks up with sterlite actress it better not fuck up the show like tends to happen when you shit where you work. Number two Jozu needs to stop with this whole mr. Garrison I'm not gay routine in this thread and just move it over to the tranny ma thread where it belongs. But I do agree that homelander is probably the best acted comic book villain we've seen since Maybe Alfred Molina's turn as Doctor Octopus.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I binged this show over the last few days, not knowing anything about it. This was the best show I've seen in a long time. From start to finish, I loved it. It had the perfect mix of dark comedy and drama. The acting was top notch and the special effects were movie quality. I can't wait for more. There will be more, right?

they're already filming more. it was renewed for a second season a week or two before the first season even aired. which is super rare, the execs must have liked season 1 enough before it aired that they didn't give a shit what the ratings were haha.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Homelander legit thinks Butcher is interesting and I bet Season 2 is him kind of going Joker in the Dark Knight style "We are going to do t his forever".

He SHows Butcher his life was a lie. Butcher will find out it was consensual (She will say it was a mistake but then when pregnant had to do what the company said to have a chance of survival and to raise her (not their) child). Homelanders going to make him watch them be a family to torment him.

Also The Sups arent Sterile as others have said, but it appears that Homelanders kid is the first Sup to pass down the gene.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
if you rewatch the last scene, they musta out fitted her w/ a fake husband to raise the boy as well.

point, at the end you see one of those portable sprinklers shoot off in the lawn. As someone that has an in ground sprinkler system and been told, "thats nice, we really should get that", b/c their lawns are dying b/c the wife always forgets to put out the sprinkler...

yea she's got a fake husband.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I doubt Homelander would approve of his surrogate baby mother having a side piece. He either didnt know about that arrangement, or he did and is going to promptly cook his brain matter season 2 ep 1.

I think him tormenting Butcher is more than enough motivation for his character and the show going forward. He is fascinated by those who dont fear him, and killing Butcher would end that experiment. Cant wait for s2.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I can't wait for more, rare for me to enjoy a series this much these days.

I don't care if shes older, Shue still gets me going, and I may have a breastfeeding fetish now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I doubt Homelander would approve of his surrogate baby mother having a side piece. He either didnt know about that arrangement, or he did and is going to promptly cook his brain matter season 2 ep 1.

I think him tormenting Butcher is more than enough motivation for his character and the show going forward. He is fascinated by those who dont fear him, and killing Butcher would end that experiment. Cant wait for s2.

he absolutely doesn't care about his baby momma. if he did care he would have found her earlier. like, the second episode he x-ray visioned the whole city looking for what's his name... and he didn't even really like him, he was just upset about the reputation of the Seven. if he was upset about butcher's wife disappearing he would have looked for her. as soon as he found out she had his son he found her real quick.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The only thing I'm confident about in that whole love triangle situation is the writers have done a damn good job making it uncertain. Her separate reactions at the end of S1 when they both show up, right before it fades to black? Fuck cliffhangers and fuck those writers for making it so genuinely dubious and ambiguous.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Ya, Butcher is "safe" for now because Homelander will be satisfied with the psychological torture aspect (because that is what Butcher had intended to do to Homelander). He knows that Butcher will get totally fucked up over this, but won't be able to do a damn thing about it because a) he can't hurt Homelander b) he probably can't hurt the kid c) if he kills his wife, it fucks up Butcher more than it would Homelander, but he isn't likely to do that...so he had to sit around and watch his wife get to play house with Homelander.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
he absolutely doesn't care about his baby momma. if he did care he would have found her earlier. like, the second episode he x-ray visioned the whole city looking for what's his name... and he didn't even really like him, he was just upset about the reputation of the Seven. if he was upset about butcher's wife disappearing he would have looked for her. as soon as he found out she had his son he found her real quick.

he didn't figure out he had a son til towards the end i thought, tho? if i remember right, it wasn't til his head was in Shue's lap and she messed up her story about what happened to Becky. she told the story of her death due to pregnancy complications a bit differently than the doctor did, and then it clicked for him that the baby must have lived.

j00t

he didn't figure out he had a son til towards the end i thought, tho? if i remember right, it wasn't til his head was in Shue's lap and she messed up her story about what happened to Becky. she told the story of her death due to pregnancy complications a bit differently than the doctor did, and then it clicked for him that the baby must have lived.
yes exactly. he didn't find out he had a son until the very end of the show, at which point he just seemingly found him with little to no effort. my point was that he doesn't care about becca or whether or not she's sleeping with anyone. if he cared about her he would have found her a long time ago.

j00t

Ya, Butcher is "safe" for now because Homelander will be satisfied with the psychological torture aspect (because that is what Butcher had intended to do to Homelander). He knows that Butcher will get totally fucked up over this, but won't be able to do a damn thing about it because a) he can't hurt Homelander b) he probably can't hurt the kid c) if he kills his wife, it fucks up Butcher more than it would Homelander, but he isn't likely to do that...so he had to sit around and watch his wife get to play house with Homelander.

honestly i wouldn't be surprised if homelander doesn't plan any kind of reprisal against butcher. like i said earlier, the only reason he never turned on stillwell was because she came across like she wasn't afraid of him. as soon as she admitted she was afraid he just cooked her head goodbye. in the exact same scene homelander makes a point to question butcher whether or not he's afraid and he isn't. he's so hateful that there's no room for fear. i don't think homelander's looking for a new best friend, but i definitely think he's looking for someone to keep him from being bored and butcher fits the bill.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
yes exactly. he didn't find out he had a son until the very end of the show, at which point he just seemingly found him with little to no effort. my point was that he doesn't care about becca or whether or not she's sleeping with anyone. if he cared about her he would have found her a long time ago.

ah i misread your post a bit. when i read:

if he did care he would have found her earlier. like, the second episode he x-ray visioned the whole city looking for what's his name... and he didn't even really like him,

i thought you were saying he should have noticed her somewhere then^. my bad.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The fact that the writers have crafted this Homelander son angle in a way where it creates a ton of different possibilities is a credit to them. So sick of tropes and predictable bullshit.

I think their only problem is Homelander being OP. I hope whatever Vought has over his head is interesting and not some stupid kill switch.

Xevy

Log Wizard
We've never seen Supers fight, so we don't know what they can really do to each other. I'm sure there's someone out there (if it's not Black Noir) that can hurt/kill him. I think it's really his laser eyes that worries people, because only Starlight seems to have any sort of projectile shit and she has to kind of wind up for it.

If they don't have the Boys dosing themselves with V, I hope they get a disgraced super (besides Kimiko) to join them and just fuck shit up. I think that'd be a lot better for the series adding a renegade, troubled hero like Hancock or something to help them. Could add for great interaction with the characters if they cast/wrote them correctly.

gak

<Gold Donor>
Got around to watching The Brink (started good but got boring), Hannibal (good bits but got boring) and this. Easily the best of the bunch and held our interest throughout.

Someone mentioned the dead mommy shue possibly being the doppleganger, (maybe explains the sloppy coverup story of the superbaby dying in childbirth?) but I hope not. I hate when shows pretend to have the balls to kill someone off and then it's "just kidding !"

Was enjoyable seeing folks getting lazered.

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

Fucker

Log Wizard
The fact that the writers have crafted this Homelander son angle in a way where it creates a ton of different possibilities is a credit to them. So sick of tropes and predictable bullshit.

I think their only problem is Homelander being OP. I hope whatever Vought has over his head is interesting and not some stupid kill switch.

I am almost done with 2nd watch, and that guy is a perfect villain. Starlight is easy to look at
23.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just hope the chick they picked to be the #2 Hero (in the world, and male in comic) can pull off being as good a psycho as Homelander. If so, season 2 will be better than I could hope for.