The Boys

spronk

FPS noob
Whats up with the scientologists all drinking Fresca

liked the first 3 episodes, some weaker moments like Hughie feels "realistic" but also the Debbie Downer of the show, constantly whining and doing the lamest thing possible. He is truly the Skyler of The Boys and Butcher is Heisenberg

I figured Stormcaller was a tier 2 supe, just basically shooting electricity out of her hand BFD but the last episode made it feel like she is on Homelanders level. I wonder if she's invulnerable, can fly, etc. Also makes me wonder about if her or Homelander and Maeve would be immortal or not.

Cybsled

My guess is she is anti-Vaught because it doesn't align with the original intention of the formula, or maybe they had a beef with the original creator of it

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I would assume that Stormfront might be Liberty's daughter or something. She calls Homelander "grandpa", which implies that she's younger than him.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Show is great, but somehow Karl Urban comes across to me like a caricature of the season 1 Butcher. Maybe because he's not as much of a focus as last season in these initial episodes.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Stormfront seems pretty legit power wise and appears not to be afraid of homelander at all - to the point of openly intentionally antagonising him. Pretty interesting character and great s2 so far!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, you have to assume Justice (from whatever era she's from) and Stormfront are the same, so 'yellow' could legitimately be the slur from the time.
The bigger question is who and why is anti-Vought - Shining Path kidnapped the twins years ago, and for all we know Lamplighter is the one that burned down their village, which seems to firmly predate Homelander's shenanigans.
Though trying to cover story compound V as a Stillwell creation is laughable - dupes have been around since WW2, and public for decades. Stillwell was 50, maybe?
Vought can stick with the story that supes were originally all natural born but the compound is only a more recent creation by Stillwell that they reverse engineered to increase the number of supes. This also provides a "see those super villians aren't natural born, they had to steal superior American technology to get their powers" angle.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Stormfront seems pretty legit power wise and appears not to be afraid of homelander at all - to the point of openly intentionally antagonising him. Pretty interesting character and great s2 so far!
The Japanese brother's power seemed really lame though. He should have just ripped her limb from limb instead of engaging in pointless fisticuffs.

Huey's character must be written to piss everyone off, it's the only explanation as to why he continuously doesn't just tell people what they're asking for and makes things constantly worse.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
She must be invulnerable or asian mute would have ripped her to pieces when she had her.

If shes not thats lazy writing

Hosix

All labs matter!
She must be invulnerable or asian mute would have ripped her to pieces when she had her.

If shes not thats lazy writing

Wasn’t there a preview where she asks homelander to laser beam her boobies? To be able to take that she must have some level of invulnerability. I could have swore I saw it.

Edit....ok, found it.

• 1Like

agripa

Molten Core Raider
I would assume that Stormfront might be Liberty's daughter or something. She calls Homelander "grandpa", which implies that she's younger than him.

pretty sure she used to be a nazi and least when she was a he in the comics

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I agree. He makes me want to punch him in the face. He has all the reasons to want to kill the super heroes but he is such a douche about everything.

I think they're holding off to drive Wee Hughie to a point where he "snaps" and such. This kinda happened in the comic after enough crap landed on him.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think they're holding off to drive Wee Hughie to a point where he "snaps" and such. This kinda happened in the comic after enough crap landed on him.

i think the problem with that is that there's been enough to make any normal person snap several times over.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Watching episode 3 right now. Wow Stormfront gives no fucks.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The third episode is still early, and wouldn't it be better writing to slow roll Stormfront's racism, to pull people in, and be inline with how the show has been written so far? Such as, early on, she is pretty cool, and saying all the right stuff, and then she lets a relatively tame, and easy to miss, raciest thing slip, to foreshadow her true Nazi ways, later down the line.

It remains to be seen if anyone is brave enough to say any of the hurty words on TV in this atmosphere, though.

Last edited:

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The third episode is still early, and wouldn't it be better writing to slow roll Stormfront's racism, to pull people in, and be inline with how the show has been written so far? Such as, early on, she is pretty cool, and saying all the right stuff, and then she lets a relatively tame, and easy to miss, raciest thing slip, to foreshadow her true Nazi ways, later down the line.

It remains to be seen if anyone is brave enough to say any of the hurty words on TV in this atmosphere, though.

yeah, that's my guess too. i'm guessing it was on purpose that she killed all those black people in the apartment. one person she actually went out of her way to fry. it's one thing to kill people that won't move, it's another thing to just completely open up on people who are actively trying to get out of her way. it's open for interpretation that they are either just trying to show she's a murderer, or they are trying to show her actively killing PoC's.

we have to remember that while a chunk of the audience knows that stormfront from the comics is an immortal nazi, a)the audience at large doesn't know that and b) that might not even be the case in the show.