The Boys

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, and we've already seen that for all his bluster, homelander is basically paralyzed against people that aren't afraid of him. i mentioned it back in season 1, but as soon as stillwill said "i'm afraid of you" homelander lasered her in the face. he keeps butcher alive, and we KNOW butcher isn't afraid of homelander. homelander mentions that, too. and there have been several moments throughout the show where homelander's butt clenches whenever gus' name is mentioned.

clearly we don't know exactly why that is, but dude is absolutely not afraid of homelander and has no problem putting him in his place. it really leads to typical bully behavior, if you stand up to them, they piss themselves. i don't think it has anything to do with gus being a supe or brainwashing or anything... like, a bully says "do what i want, or else!" Gus just says "do what i want." there isn't an "or else." there's no threat, just a command that must be followed.

homelander just doesn't know how to respond to that kind of thing. i suspect gus has a different kind of interaction with the others, but that's just a theory. the scene where homelander sort of bites back at gus in front of the 7... pretty sure gus knew exactly what was going on and he allowed being taken down a peg because it galvanized the others to do exactly what he wanted them to do in the first place.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Huey is by far the worst part of this show. What an insufferable faggot. The idea that Starlight would go for a cuck like him it laughable.

Right? Every time I see him on screen I wonder how someone so insufferable slept with Starlight. Its one of those matches that's so stupid and mismatched it takes me out of the show when I see them together. Starlight actually has some balls is becoming pretty bad ass--Huey is just an insufferable faggot that fucks everything up.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For some reason Huey looks exactly like an "insufferable faggot".

• 4Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He’s a clone of homelander, whose purpose is to murder homelander if he gets out of line. In the comics he dressed up as homelander and raped and murdered butcher’s wife

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Huey is by far the worst part of this show. What an insufferable faggot. The idea that Starlight would go for a cuck like him it laughable.
thats the point
"the heroes journey" aka luke skywalker, but what if luke was a faggot

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, you have to assume Justice (from whatever era she's from) and Stormfront are the same, so 'yellow' could legitimately be the slur from the time.
The bigger question is who and why is anti-Vought - Shining Path kidnapped the twins years ago, and for all we know Lamplighter is the one that burned down their village, which seems to firmly predate Homelander's shenanigans.
Though trying to cover story compound V as a Stillwell creation is laughable - dupes have been around since WW2, and public for decades. Stillwell was 50, maybe?
no he's saying it like JOGGER, theres more context in the comics, stormfront is supremely SS looking and fighting 1 v 1 with female and lost an eye, at this point he crushes her arms (like the hands), which has impact b/c up until this point female was unscath, you later see stormfronts racsim unloaded when it basically takes the fucking united nations of benneton heroes to take him down.

Homsar

He’s a clone of homelander, whose purpose is to murder homelander if he gets out of line. In the comics he dressed up as homelander and raped and murdered butcher’s wife
Yep, why I mentioned earlier what route they're going with noir in the show.
homelander in the show is acting like he raped butchers wife and not noir manipulating everything. Noir is much much more fucked up in the head than homelander in the comic

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wish I had not clicked on the spoiler.

I did not see that angle at all.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like

Homsar

Yeah stay away from spoilers there's a lot more stuff than just Noir

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What the fuck is this 3 episode cock tease?

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
What the fuck is this 3 episode cock tease?
This is going to be the new standard with streaming to keep stringing you along and renewing that subscription.

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

• 2Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is going to be the new standard with streaming to keep stringing you along and renewing that subscription.

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

Yep. Get those hooks in with full season dumps for 6 years. Then switch to once a week and keep those subs spinning. Same reason cable did it.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I kind of like having some anticipation, and sharing the experience with everyone over time rather than people binging it in day one and then all the hype is done within a few days. I don't particularly care in the end. Either system is fine.

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not like I was canceling my amazon sub anytime soon anyway; this is just something to look forward to weekly.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Between the backlog of video games and TV shows I have, I don't understand how the fuck people even have the free-time to binge shit like this.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I loved a few years ago when I had "tv night". I'd watch VEEP, Homeland, Silicon Valley, and some other show all on Mondays after work. I like binging entire seasons in 2 days, too, but I can enjoy both methods.

• 1Like