The Boys

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Season was ok. Lack of gratifying ends to plot points was the worst I think. Headpopper reveal was good. I hope Cindi shows up just to show her how it feels before getting offed herself.

Stormfront could have weathered the nazi implications but Edgar decided to use her name as a scapegoat for the House massacre and lock her back up behind the public eye. She can and will be back if they want her: under a new identity and probably still continuing her pet project stuff at the mental hospital.

Best part of the season was Stormfront "reasoning" with Ryan about white genocide and Homelander's side glance of "wh...at?" Anthony really brings home the bacon.

I'll watch s3 but s2 was way more setup than payoff. The SJW commentary stuff won't age well outside of this decade but w/e. Trump idealism is an easy target and tv shows using their medium to push ideology isnt new.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
My take was that Ryan ended up killing Becca while trying to save her. She wasn't torched so she could have her moment with Butcher where she makes him promise to keep him safe and that he shouldn't blame himself bla bla bla. So that's definitely shitty writing and her injury made no sense.

The AOC head popper is the teaser season. You're supposed to wonder exactly what's going on with her.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
My take was that Ryan ended up killing Becca while trying to save her. She wasn't torched so she could have her moment with Butcher where she makes him promise to keep him safe and that he shouldn't blame himself bla bla bla. So that's definitely shitty writing and her injury made no sense.

The way I understood it, Stormfront was strangling Rebecca one-handed, then Ryan goes full power eyebeam on Stormfront and as she gets torched, her fingers either spasm and crush Becca's neck/windpipe, or she did it on purpose before letting go and then got her limbs burned away.

You can see the blood spurting from the side of Becca's neck, right where Stormfront would have her fingertips.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
giphy.gif

Religious people can't help but obey their gospel's teachings. Xev denying SJW shit was in the show was as inevitable as the sun coming up. He is the Baghdad Bob of the cult of social justice.

You want a good time go check out his meltdown in the ask amod thread

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The deep exists to provide living proof of how a sup can be just as worthless as a worthless person. I think he just exists as a punching bag for some reason.
I liked that Homelander had Ryan doing laser eye target practice on a Deep action figure.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
copypasta from someplace else, some twitter Q&A by the showrunner

-Nothing special about fresca, writers just thought it was funny
-Stillwell's son will make an appearance in S3
-Season 3 homelander is cornered and thus more dangerous
-Soldier boy is nearly as powerful as homelander and has been doing it for decades. He will be involved in the sex, violence and swears like most superheroes.
-Got the Homelander crankin' it scene in when Amazon asked for something a little crazier for Homelander at the end of S2 and they seemed to like it this time
-The whale was a child abusing nazi whale so don't feel bad that the boys impaled it
-Don't really regret any lines or scenes because they try really hard to punch up, not punch down
-Biggest challenge of the adaptation was making it more serialized instead of episodic, like the comic
-Top 3 moments: love sausage, homelander/doppleganger, butcher/becka at the end
-Would love to have Jeffrey Dean Morgan on the show but COVID &quarantines are really messing that up
-Stormfront is not dead, cited homelander saying she was in a secure facility
-favorite quote was ashley saying people in barcelona ate her Paella (ad libbed by ashley's actress)
-When asked how many seasons planned, said he would not commit to anything but that 5 seems like a good round #
-Ryan will continue to be part of the story, Butcher's internal struggle of hating homelander and trying to do right by this kid will be his season 3 struggle
-Black noir will be back in S3, might have an opportunity to lose the mask
-Soldier Boy and HOmelander will not hook up but there will be a Herogasm scene in S3
-Cindy will show back up eventually, doesn't yet know when
-Now that Kimiko is not on a mission/on the run she will have more opportunities to express her personality in S3
-Takes about 15 days to shoot an episode + a lot of background scenes add to that

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Maybe Stormfront will be the comics version of Black Noir. Enhanced/Anakin'd and highly unstable.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Maybe Stormfront will be the comics version of Black Noir. Enhanced/Anakin'd and highly unstable.
Didn't you read the producer's interview? Stormfront will forever live on as stumpfront, because cripples are hillarious and should be made fun of.

Quoting the producer:
"No, she’s not dead! She’s Stumpfront! She’s a stumpy little Nazi. She’s actually not dead. What we thought was interesting is, if you remember, she ages very, very slowly. So the best poetic ending for that character is someone who so believed in some kind of pure race finds herself mutilated and having to live with it for potentially centuries felt like a fate worse than death for her. So no, Stumpfront is not dead. Hashtag Stumpfront lives!"

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Didn't you read the producer's interview? Stormfront will forever live on as stumpfront, because cripples are hillarious and should be made fun of.

Quoting the producer:
"No, she’s not dead! She’s Stumpfront! She’s a stumpy little Nazi. She’s actually not dead. What we thought was interesting is, if you remember, she ages very, very slowly. So the best poetic ending for that character is someone who so believed in some kind of pure race finds herself mutilated and having to live with it for potentially centuries felt like a fate worse than death for her. So no, Stumpfront is not dead. Hashtag Stumpfront lives!"
I feel you took a lot out of that. Sounds like we should be laughing because she's a retard nazi

But half this board is nazis so maybe they're sympathetic

• 2Worf

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
copypasta from someplace else, some twitter Q&A by the showrunner

-Nothing special about fresca, writers just thought it was funny
-Stillwell's son will make an appearance in S3
-Season 3 homelander is cornered and thus more dangerous
-Soldier boy is nearly as powerful as homelander and has been doing it for decades. He will be involved in the sex, violence and swears like most superheroes.
-Got the Homelander crankin' it scene in when Amazon asked for something a little crazier for Homelander at the end of S2 and they seemed to like it this time
-The whale was a child abusing nazi whale so don't feel bad that the boys impaled it
-Don't really regret any lines or scenes because they try really hard to punch up, not punch down
-Biggest challenge of the adaptation was making it more serialized instead of episodic, like the comic
-Top 3 moments: love sausage, homelander/doppleganger, butcher/becka at the end
-Would love to have Jeffrey Dean Morgan on the show but COVID &quarantines are really messing that up
-Stormfront is not dead, cited homelander saying she was in a secure facility
-favorite quote was ashley saying people in barcelona ate her Paella (ad libbed by ashley's actress)
-When asked how many seasons planned, said he would not commit to anything but that 5 seems like a good round #
-Ryan will continue to be part of the story, Butcher's internal struggle of hating homelander and trying to do right by this kid will be his season 3 struggle
-Black noir will be back in S3, might have an opportunity to lose the mask
-Soldier Boy and HOmelander will not hook up but there will be a Herogasm scene in S3
-Cindy will show back up eventually, doesn't yet know when
-Now that Kimiko is not on a mission/on the run she will have more opportunities to express her personality in S3
-Takes about 15 days to shoot an episode + a lot of background scenes add to that

next season is going to be even worse

"Nothing special about fresca, writers just thought it was funny"

the fact kripke would let the writers insert such a prominent inside joke with literally zero point for the viewers just shows how fucking insane these people are

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They should know Fresca isnt very funny anyway. It's the Carlos Mencia of beverages. Should have went with Faygo. Or Mountain Holler.

• 1Picard

Cybsled

Fresca toes the line between obscure brand and shitty regular soda. It's one of those things people haven't tried (or tried in a very long time), but they know it is bad. Like people in New England know Moxie Cola straight up sucks lol

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
i'm trying to decide if the whole fresca thing would be more retarded if fresca paid them, or if they did that w/o marketing fees. it's hard

• 1Worf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Mr Pibbs Hard Joltaide

Commercial is Ray Charles getting electrocuted when reaching for a Pepsi. *Enter Stormfront* "I did nazi that coming". Choose wisely America

• 1Worf

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I think that next season there is going to have to be a showdown between Victoria Nueman and Cindi. With the seven (or, lets face it, 4. Maybe 5, if Black Noir survives) being in check/rebuilding, they're gonna have to start going more deeply into politics. Cop (being Victoria Nueman) vs. Convict (being Cindi).

I dunno, all the SJW bullshit that's being slung around, at least this isn't 13 Reasons Why. Or as I like to call it, 13 Lines Of Dialogue Between I'm Sorry. This is pretty low on the SJW meter.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Season 3 will be interesting in the sense of what's on the table now.

Stillwell's son.
Ryan
Unstable Homelander
Soldier Boy
Headpopper Lady
Cindy
The Girls

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
stormfront getting beated by 3 cunts is stupid and has no meaning vs. the comic version.

comic stormfront is so strong, it takes

compound v enabled
asian female taking out his eye
brit butcher
frenchie
black mm
russian sausage

where they all stomp him to mush

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
stormfront getting beated by 3 cunts is stupid and has no meaning vs. the comic version.

comic stormfront is so strong, it takes

compound v enabled
asian female taking out his eye
brit butcher
frenchie
black mm
russian sausage

where they all stomp him to mush
What you just described would not accomplish the primary goal of the show’s writers, which is to signal how brave and progressive they are.

Girls get it done, just deal with it guys.