The Boys

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I knew the tears would be flowing as I watched the last episodes. Im curious as to what the right finds enjoyable these days. Movies, theaters, hollywood, tv shows, video games, comedians, athletes, professional and college leagues all cancelled.

For a group that previously decried cancel culture, they did a pretty good job of going the hold my beer route.

• 4Like
  • 2Picard
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 8 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, they're pretty insufferable. Here especially. Just block them. It's kind of funny to skip entire pages because it's the same 2-3 people sucking each other off in a row. And then you notice it happens in multiple threads.

• 2Picard
  • 2Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 7 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
are you the same type of weirdos fawning over a vape pen in the 24th century?
raffi-vaping.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
I knew the tears would be flowing as I watched the last episodes. Im curious as to what the right finds enjoyable these days. Movies, theaters, hollywood, tv shows, video games, comedians, athletes, professional and college leagues all cancelled.

For a group that previously decried cancel culture, they did a pretty good job of going the hold my beer route.

i really liked Raised by Wolves, i thought it was pretty thought provoking and interesting world building. I am currently watching The 100 final season (seven) and really enjoying it.

I didn't like The Boys season 2, nothing really to do with "SJW stuff" which was mostly cringe. I just don't like that The Boys really didn't do much, Stormfront is supposed to be a superpowerful, nearly immortal nazi and a 10 year old boy crisps her to toast accidently (while also not touching Butcher, and his mom only dies because... Stormfront nicked her artery?) while Homelander literally masturbates (later). She tosses a van with electricity like 100 feet and three humans and Ryan crawl out of it like they got hit by a BB gun. That same power that lets her toss 3 tons of metal 100 feet has zero effect in a hand to hand fight with 3 supes then.

If Ryan had at least crisped Becca too and maybe burned off Butchers arm, that would be interesting. Real "loss of control" supe moment. but nope, he only gets Stormfronts legs... half of her face... and arms... which were right next to the other two... but... well, ok

All the psych ward / Lamplighter stuff? Didn't really mean a whole lot, I guess you can infer they finally achieved a stable Compound V that could be admin'd to adults successfully but they literally didn't show any of that, just one brief scene of a guy being kinda ok but then Lamplighter killing him. Lets not make sure V has no side effects 3 weeks or six months later, who cares!

Stan Edgar? Does he have a secret way to control supes? Whats his relationship with Vought? Who knows, who cares, not important?

The first 3/4ths of the season felt unfocused and a lot of plot threads just kinda running in parallel, and then the finale tried to wrap them all up but poorly rushed. I wish we had seen more of Stormfront's background, goals, built up more sympathy for her character, etc so when the "turn" came it would have been more compelling. I didn't give a shit that Becca died, that Stormfront is fucked up, and none of the Boys died so who cares?

Also did anyone give a shit that the ginger neckbeard did a terrorist attack or that he killed an innocent clerk? Nope, cuz we didn't spend any time with either of them.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Forget about personal politics. Forget about inconsistent power levels and no real way of telling who can actually do what.

The reason this season was mostly uninteresting and bad was because a huge portion of it was spent watching every single character in this show be a Primadonna. MM, Frenchie and Stormfront were pretty much the only characters who didn't spend half the season or more being insufferable, whiney twats.

• 9Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Stormfront is supposed to be a superpowerful, nearly immortal nazi and a 10 year old boy crisps her to toast accidently (while also not touching Butcher, and his mom only dies because... Stormfront nicked her artery?)
i believe it's implied he also hurt his mom, so he'll have many years of trauma

Cybsled

Her injuries don't make sense for a laser vision blast, though. Her neck was gushing blood like it had been slashed or punctured. Only thing that makes sense is either she got knocked into something sharp and got injured, or Stormfront's hand did it before her arms got blown off.

Or they only had budget for 1 Anakin crisp lol

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You’re either lying or stupid as fuck if you think The Boys wasn’t chalked full of unnesscary SJW nonsense.

• 6Like
  • 2Picard
  • 2Salty
Reactions: 9 users

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
They tried making the source material relevant by turning it into a thin veneer for modern politics.

Stormfront is a not so exaggerated version of the modern right as conceptualized by the modern left.

The writers actually thought this was clever and would make the show better.

The reason season 1 was good was because they only pulled one trick. It was a by the numbers superhero universe, except the supes were demented fucked up sociopaths. It used superheroes as a proxy for the entertainment industry.

Season 2 tried using the supes as proxies for the current political climate and effectively wrote the boys out of their own show. The boys achieved nothing of impact or merit. Every time they get saved it's because of some convoluted plot intervention. Last season they were the ones making the big moves against impossible odds, this season the odds were so impossible they simply resorted to sitting in a basement waiting for it all to blow over, because every time they left their hole, their big plans amounted to fuck all.

Just lots of unsatisfying dead ends and super interventions that felt weak and unexplained.

So yeah a weak season that spun its wheels most of the time was not the best backdrop for overt, tired political hamfisting.

If the season had been better that crap might have been easier to overlook.

• 9Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I feel like I missed something if head popping lady is anti vaught why is she going around killing whistler blowers? If she works for Vaught I totally missed where that was explained.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I feel like I missed something if head popping lady is anti vaught why is she going around killing whistler blowers? If she works for Vaught I totally missed where that was explained.
She was confusing to me too. I must have missed something in a previous episode.

All in all the episode wasnt bad. It had some funny moments. Stormfront being able to be stabbed but is immune to bullets was dumb and made no sense. And the weekly release definitely ruined the pacing of the show. I think if we got it all at once it wouldnt feel so slow. Ill probably wait for all of season 3 and watch it once. If we even make it to season 3, thanks COVID.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
From how I understood it, she is only publicly anit vaught. They didn't explicitly say she works for them, but her killing the whistleblowers and then the church guy who had dirt to expose various supes implies that she is working for Stan Edgar.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
She's a hidden supe, so she is either related to (one of) the Vought secret experiments or maybe even blood related to supes that the church had dirt on. The plot writing wasn't clean enough to draw specific conclusions, one example being how Alastair was planning on getting the Deep back in before the head popping.

The church could be written out completely next season plus she still doesn't have to be a Vought plant. She could have killed Vogelbaum to keep her own secrets unrelated to Edgar.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
She was confusing to me too. I must have missed something in a previous episode.

All in all the episode wasnt bad. It had some funny moments. Stormfront being able to be stabbed but is immune to bullets was dumb and made no sense. And the weekly release definitely ruined the pacing of the show. I think if we got it all at once it wouldnt feel so slow. Ill probably wait for all of season 3 and watch it once. If we even make it to season 3, thanks COVID.
I binged it and in some parts it was slow but overall it wasn't that bad of pacing.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Deep is the best character in the show. I'd watch a show just based on the misadventures of deep

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The deep exists to provide living proof of how a sup can be just as worthless as a worthless person. I think he just exists as a punching bag for some reason.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
This is just the old farts seeing current politics in media, taking snowflakey offensive, and misusing the term SJW. Just classic FOH Boomer shit.

Remember when the crowd-loved, leftist minority WOMAN Senator was an inside shill for the giant evil corporation? SOOO SJW DUDE!

Lets all hold off until Xevy Xevy explains to everyone how it was amazing and you're all just misogynists who don't appreciate the masterful art we saw.

giphy.gif

Religious people can't help but obey their gospel's teachings. Xev denying SJW shit was in the show was as inevitable as the sun coming up. He is the Baghdad Bob of the cult of social justice.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
If Ryan had at least crisped Becca too and maybe burned off Butchers arm, that would be interesting. Real "loss of control" supe moment. but nope, he only gets Stormfronts legs... half of her face... and arms... which were right next to the other two... but... well, ok

This would actually have been interesting and might have provided an actual conflict for Butcher next season with the kid. Which is precisely why it was avoided. Because if conflict is derived from "the boys", then we can't focus on the true meaning of the show now...White Supremacy and Social media manipulation making people like white supremacy without them even knowing it!

Pancreas Pancreas is spot on, "The Boys" were written out of their own show to make room for these really dumb plot threads that are supposed to serve as social commentary (And an amusing jab at AOC from Amazon as a fuck you for their NY HQ). Nearly all of it was terrible and felt really out of place because it was clearly rushed in there at the last minute rather than having been organically built upon from the last season.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Just wanted to remind you guys to please keep the politics to stuff related to the show.

Carry on.

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Worf
  • 1Like