The Boys

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
we crossposted and I'm replying, cool your jets. I know you're already leaking pre-cum and edging away because I finally took you off ignore but just like your favourite JOI video then you're going to have to wait until I tell you to cum

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Honestly I don't remember any run-ins with you until yesterday. I can't say I've ever noticed your posts. I do know the majority of this forum gets taken in by Lithose Lithose and think long posts = quality. I don't trust the mods to judge fairly whether he said what I say he said.

Your comment above suggests you'd be happy to see either one of us not posting for a month.

Care to be the judge? Obviously Lithose Lithose has to be ok with that

And Lithose Lithose hurry up and post, this doesn't need to be a long winded overly drawn out affair. Either you said what I say you said in the quote or you didn't. This is not going to be a debate on what you actually said or meant

"Care to wager a month of non-posting on the forum that you said words to the effect of you are more informed about UK politics/issues because you read more/watch more news sources than me?" = that you claimed you are more knowledgeable about the UK than me a UK native, IIRC it was about BBC bias

i tend to stay pretty middle road, which lends itself to being unmemorable and i'm fine with that so i don't actually take any offense when people don't know who i am. it's definitely an interesting challenge and normally i'd be up for it, but i'm leaving tonight for a week to see my kids and i won't be online much at all so i'll have to gracefully bow out

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Don't lump me with him. I'm not bringing this shit up, I've tried to make the autistic bastard post in the mod thread 3 times now. This isn't on me.

Your efforts in that regard have been noted. The accent derail got reported but we had felt it had already run it's course. We'd just like to avoid another derail so soon.

spronk

FPS noob

none of the actors have a voice that surprises me, altho i didn't know homelander wasn't american

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

none of the actors have a voice that surprises me, altho i didn't know homelander wasn't american
WE CANT TALK ABOUT ACCENTS!!!

but yeah I heard Antony starr talk a week or so ago and I was like WAIT WTF. So good on him. I watched banshee and the boys and had no idea he wasn't American

• 1Like

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Finished this the other day. Definitely enjoyed it. It felt great watching something that wasn't sanitized for mass consumption. Some of this stuff is downright vile.

The show touched on a lot of different issues that have been in the news... but thankfully it didn't smash you in the face with social justice rhetoric over and over again until letting your hollowed out skull slap on floor of a subway bathroom.

I was worried it was going to get really political. However, there were plenty of dead children and crushed skulls to mitigate the risk.

• 1Solidarity

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
like what?
Mostly sexual harassment/assault and impropriety happening behind the scenes of powerful organizations, racial profiling, LGBTQ discrimination ect. The show presented scenarios where these issues were central to the scene without turning into a glorified workplace training video.

That was nice of them.

Mostly sexual harassment/assault and impropriety happening behind the scenes of powerful organizations, racial profiling, LGBTQ discrimination ect. The show presented scenarios where these issues were central to the scene without turning into a glorified workplace training video.

That was nice of them.
There was nothing subtle about it. There was essentially an entire episode bashing Christianity.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
There was nothing subtle about it. There was essentially an entire episode bashing Christianity.
Meh, bashing an extremely commercialized and hyped up version of American christianity that is a weird mix of religion and entertainment. That's more on the source material I believe though. Anyways... show was great, fucked up but great.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
So Homelander's son is going to be raised right (by a mother) and after his father tries to teach him how to be a above-it-all badass who rules over humans he's going to do the decent thing and kill his father. Right? 75% sure that's where this is going.

Meh, bashing an extremely commercialized and hyped up version of American christianity that is a weird mix of religion and entertainment. That's more on the source material I believe though. Anyways... show was great, fucked up but great.
It wasn't "an extremely commercialized and hyped up version of American Christianity". It was just American Christianity as the producers and writers of the show believe it to be.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Finished up yesterday. I don't think Butcher's wife was raped mainly because literally every character in the show is a terrible human being, so why exclude her?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
the addressed this in an AMA with the creator, they realized that you're right here, they just figured their way was visually cooler.
More like lazy. A dude blowing up on the inside, with his skin acting as a balloon, stretching, but holding it all in, then compressing, as his insides leak out his ass, is visually more spectacular, and repulsive, then a dude just popping like done 100000x times on other TV shows and movies.
Its just a hell of alot more work and money to do it.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

I was worried it was going to get really political. However, there were plenty of dead children and crushed skulls to mitigate the risk.

Man they really did beat us over the head with the dead kids lol. IN CASE YOU FORGOT WE KILLED A BUNCH OF KIDS LAST EPISODE: *shows the kids doll wash up on a beach *shows picture of said kid *Also on the news!

10/10, they can't bring season 2 quick enough.

Fedor

<Banned>
ydlaAAZ.png

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users