Silver Baronet of the Realm
Fucking hell, scroll up

durr.gif

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

As per this vid Elba is much closer to MLE than Cockney. And the guy speaking MLE sounds to me like he is trying to sound "black", kind of like how Ali G was a parody of middle class white kids emulating black rappers

"“The term MLE describes a ‘social dialect’ (sociolect), an informal spoken style of UK English used initially by ‘younger’ speakers and first identified and associated with London,” Antony Thorne, a linguistics researcher at King’s College London, wrote to me. “This way of speaking is characterised by a vocabulary reflecting a high degree of ‘black’ (terms possibly coined by African-Caribbean speakers in the UK, and US black ‘street’ language and hip hop terminology) influences, with some noticeable ‘cockney’ elements too. " Big up MLE - the origins of London's 21st century slang

An actual example of modern cockney (but probably embellished a little) (and arguable that his version of Cockney is more Cockney mixed with Essex)

the TLDR is that j00t j00t doesn't know what he's talking about or listening to. And Karl Urban did not successfully do a cockney accent

Last edited:
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This derail is retarded. Then again, FoH always has to bitch about something and this being the part of The Boys rustling FoHs' jimmies it must be a really good fucking show.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

As per this vid Elba is much closer to MLE than Cockney. And the guy speaking MLE sounds to me like he is trying to sound "black", kind of like how Ali G was a parody of middle class white kids emulating black rappers

"“The term MLE describes a ‘social dialect’ (sociolect), an informal spoken style of UK English used initially by ‘younger’ speakers and first identified and associated with London,” Antony Thorne, a linguistics researcher at King’s College London, wrote to me. “This way of speaking is characterised by a vocabulary reflecting a high degree of ‘black’ (terms possibly coined by African-Caribbean speakers in the UK, and US black ‘street’ language and hip hop terminology) influences, with some noticeable ‘cockney’ elements too. " Big up MLE - the origins of London's 21st century slang

An actual example of modern cockney (but probably embellished a little) (and arguable that his version of Cockney is more Cockney mixed with Essex)

the TLDR is that j00t j00t doesn't know what he's talking about or listening to. And Karl Urban did not successfully do a cockney accent

since you are DETERMINED to continue this, i'll end it for you.

you're right. i reviewed all the videos you linked and i've determined that you are correct.

unfortunately, since i'm not FROM england, i'm automatically wrong about any opinion i may have about... well anything british. so i agree with you, but since i'm wrong that makes you wrong too.

thanks for playing. can we be done now?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jesus fucking retards.

He sounds exactly like Bill Butcher as played by Karl Urban. Exactly!

It is almost uncanny how he is able to mimic exactly how he is supposed to sound.

Jesus.

Fucktarded Cunts!
!

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
- Could all the supes be killed by sticking explosives up their butts, including Homelander?

that's specifically the way they went with Translucent because his indestructability was caused by being able to turn his skin super hard. just his skin.

j00t

that's specifically the way they went with Translucent because his indestructability was caused by being able to turn his skin super hard. just his skin.

logistically speaking, if translucent's skin is indestructible, it doesn't matter which direction the force is coming from. so what SHOULD have happened (and i don't know if this would have been visually worse or not) is his skin stayed intact, but all his insides liquified. they'd come out any available hole but the skin itself would be unharmed. everything would just spray out his eyes nose, mouth... some would come out his ass but since that's where the bomb was put into, the force would be direct everything away from that area. it's just... it's gross.

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
logistically speaking, if translucent's skin is indestructible, it doesn't matter which direction the force is coming from. so what SHOULD have happened (and i don't know if this would have been visually worse or not) is his skin stayed intact, but all his insides liquified. they'd come out any available hole but the skin itself would be unharmed. everything would just spray out his eyes nose, mouth... some would come out his ass but since that's where the bomb was put into, the force would be direct everything away from that area. it's just... it's gross.

the addressed this in an AMA with the creator, they realized that you're right here, they just figured their way was visually cooler.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
In general there seems to be a "base level" superheroic tier which a lot of the majors, including the 7 are at in the TV show. Basic super strong, superhuman toughness and such. But it's not straight up invulnerable for all of them (Maeve admits she shattered her arm at one point), just a HELL of a log tougher than normal people. Then they get "powers" on top of that. This is similar to what the V does for The Boys in the comic, and what I still think would be about a season 3 development for the show, once Frenchie gets ahold of a big enough score to test and tinker with.

As mentioned with Translucent it was that the special power took his skin from "really damn tough" (i.e. Starlight taking shots from a .50 cal) to Invulnerable.

I find it interesting that they're managing to tease the possibility of a face turn for just about every member of the 7 aside from Homelander and Noir.

j00t

the addressed this in an AMA with the creator, they realized that you're right here, they just figured their way was visually cooler.
Yeah, I saw that and I agree. Maybe not necessarily cooler, but definitely more appropriate to the feel of the show

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I find it interesting that they're managing to tease the possibility of a face turn for just about every member of the 7 aside from Homelander and Noir.

the way they've been using Noir so far, that almost makes it more likely that he'll randomly face turn out of nowhere one day, haha.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
they could have easily have corrected this by putting a translucent onesee into the chest (where they buried him) instead of separate parts and say something like he came out like toothpaste.

- Does Homelander have super speed?

he's fast but not faster than some

like def A train is faster than him (thats why he had a train run the compound V everywhere)

he either likes to make more dramatic entrances or he is slower than maeve, every teamup theyve done maeve is always first on scene.

spronk

FPS noob
how powerful is starlight compared to homelander? she seemed a bit scared of him, and she doesn't "deflect" bullets like him or maeve, but bullets don't seem to kill her either.

if she clenched her vagina around hughies dick would it get chopped off

• 2Worf

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
This show was so fucking good I'm rewatching it again.

BTW Why am I getting a paycheck from the site? WTF?