The Boys

velk

Trakanon Raider
Crazy Asian Wolverine- Seems to be clearly strong and well rounded, but obviously has vulnerabilities vs other sups.

She is basically Claire from Heroes and has the same problems - no offensive ability, no range, no mobility, and regeneration doesn't stop you getting hurt, it just stops you from staying that way. This doesn't help you if, for example, you get folded up into a small bag and then buried in concrete.

This one is an easy F tier - she offers no benefits over a trained soldier with a gun except for cheaper health insurance.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I could have done without Butcher and Starlight becoming BFFs while swooning over Hughie. That was pretty gay.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

She is basically Claire from Heroes and has the same problems - no offensive ability, no range, no mobility, and regeneration doesn't stop you getting hurt, it just stops you from staying that way. This doesn't help you if, for example, you get folded up into a small bag and then buried in concrete.

This one is an easy F tier - she offers no benefits over a trained soldier with a gun except for cheaper health insurance.

If The Boys end up taking compound V in the show, I am guessing they pretty much end up with Kimiko level powers: Extremely strong and durable/can regen, but that is about it. From a show perspective, that is pretty much all they need to not get insta-gibbed by other supes. You can only have so many happy coincidences and dumb luck to avoid getting ripped to shreds.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
If The Boys end up taking compound V in the show, I am guessing they pretty much end up with Kimiko level powers: Extremely strong and durable/can regen, but that is about it. From a show perspective, that is pretty much all they need to not get insta-gibbed by other supes. You can only have so many happy coincidences and dumb luck to avoid getting ripped to shreds.
So basically, just like the comic issue #1

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Ripping peoples faces off and one punch knock out of Big Dick Dude (BDD for short) seems like a decent offensive ability (she has some form of super strength).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

velk

Trakanon Raider
Ripping peoples faces off and one punch knock out of Big Dick Dude (BDD for short) seems like a decent offensive ability (she has some form of super strength).

True, but like secret kungfu moves or dope archery skills, it's still less effective than a basic handgun.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
God dammit his name is Dickguy.(Penis Person a good runner up)

Homelandsr is obviously s tier, really the only supe even close to him is Stormfront. Flying at super sonic speed is a huuuuuuge advantage over all other supes.

Kimoko is A tier imo. Yea she isn't super mobile, but she is basically unkillable and can literally rape face.

Whats still confusing to me is A train and his V use last season. All of the other supes seemed to have had an initial dose and kept their powers. But a train was seemingly using V in order to be EVEN FASTER? What if Homelander was injecting V?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
He is credited as Love Sausage in the end credits.

• 7Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 9 users

spronk

FPS noob
True, but like secret kungfu moves or dope archery skills, it's still less effective than a basic handgun.

she is really good if she is going against an unorganized enemy, and the more enemies there are the more effective she is. any non future gun is only good as long as you got bullets, once thats gone its just a really shitty paper weight. Sort of a sword vs gun argument. kimiko "dies" if an enemy attacks her at range and works quickly to immobilize her, but that would require Batman level planning of knowing her weakness, knowing she will regenerate but it takes time, etc. most bad guys will just throw bodies at her assuming she goes down.

I didn't think about starlight vs stormfront, in theory she would just absorb all the power stormfront throws at her and it would just regenerate her. if they start scissoring it could create a perpetual motion machine. I hope frenchie suggests it, for science

I liked frenchies background and story, he seems like a neat, very flawed guy. the casual way he threw out how he survived by turning tricks... that man's seen some shit

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm curious how people tier the sups.

B Tier:
Starlight- Pretty tough, but less so than all the A tier sups. Her offensive powers are also situationally limited, but strong. I feel like she might counter stormfront in particular with her powers being electricity based.

This is the fight coming. This episode hit that nail multiple times. Between the scene where she completely loses power and the car scene, it is becoming obvious which direction this is about to take. Starlight's power is situational. The perfect storm for her power, is Stormfront. It will be very interesting to see how Stormfront's electrical discharge effects Starlight. I am kind of hoping her eyes have a purple shimmer too them right before she melts Stormfront(Or whoever gets the nuke).

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Dickguy might be the best thing of the season. Also Lamplighter is surprisingly likeable.

yeah i cringed when they cast him, but homeboy has some acting chops, he must have been studying / practicing a lot since he was Ice Boy or whatever he hell haha

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

I wouldn't put her in F tier, I'd reserve that for heros who actively are a threat to themselves like pukeman. While Kimiko obviously has limitations, she's highly bullet resitant, fast, and much stronger than humanly possible. An elite squad of humans that was well trained and prepared could definitely take her down, but as a wildcard in a fight she's definitely worth more than any well trained and prepared soldier.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I am kind of hoping her eyes have a purple shimmer too them right before she melts Stormfront(Or whoever gets the nuke).

that's the kind of little detail that the producers might think of AFTER the fact and then kick themselves real hard that they didn't do it

Caliane

Love Sausage is a fairly major comic character.

2yDgW0alc_Sld7sTcqUuSBAmV_gYXQpZxxBVltgr8I-eHZlNJySsmufTfMVp9-ZtSJ5x-0DEt6h4d1d2GP7ROUUZycnCDOji_wYb90RamQFM2oRTcMwelt_Aw1NGK5zCpMdLJIzlAQ=s1600

ps, the guy kicked in the face is Stormfront. who has his head crushed by Butcher in the next page. (boys are dosed with V, in the comic.)

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I think the general point around compound V in babies is that babies are still growing and developing so can more fully integrate the compound. Plus they have that baby level healing to help cope with adjusting to issues with the powers.

The general gist for the "adult stable" version is sounding more and more like in the comics where it just makes you tough and strong as all hell.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dickguy is way better than love sausage lol.

But anyway. Should probably have spoilered that.

Does that mean Dickguy joins the Boys???!!!! And he is a communist? lol

Cybsled

Whats still confusing to me is A train and his V use last season. All of the other supes seemed to have had an initial dose and kept their powers. But a train was seemingly using V in order to be EVEN FASTER? What if Homelander was injecting V?

Supes using V is implied to basically be like shooting up performance enhancing drugs and cocaine all in one: You get a temporary boost in your power, but long term it ends up doing more harm than good and degrades your power set

yeah i cringed when they cast him, but homeboy has some acting chops, he must have been studying / practicing a lot since he was Ice Boy or whatever he hell haha

He was main cast on the show Killjoys most recently

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep, it makes zero sense at all. I might have been willing to buy the idea of "supe supremacy", but Stormfront literally says the "other races" are grinding us down--so don't think that's it.

Yeah, they definitely drank the liberal zeitgeist kool-aid with the super nazi crap. But whatever. It's still the best show out atm.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They didn't drink any kool-aid. If superheroes actually existed it's almost certain a large portion of them would be power addled sociopaths. The nazi angle is an easy way to get the point across in a way that everyone can easily understand.

• 1Like