The Boys

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Nobody mentioned that Lamplighter is played by Iceman? Cute little reversal.

• 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Oh shit.... they can only headpop someone who drank a Fresca!!!!!!! Fuck!

Khane

Who knows, but the Fresca shit is definitely front and center with the church.

Honestly, I've said it before, it's not worth trying to figure out any nuance or direction with this show. I think that will only lead to disappointment. Just kind of enjoy the ride

I don't think this is going to go down as a shining beacon of story telling.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Crazy ending to that episode! I hope the finale next week delivers. This season has been too slowly paced with the weekly release for me to say its been good overall.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the fresca stuff is just a long playing inside joke between kripke and the writers. they were talking about the scene where the eagle talks to the deep and brings him something to drink to be friendly... they were like, uh.. hey so what do you think he'd bring him? and one of the writers said "fresca." everyone laughed because of course a cult is going to drink fresca.

it COULD play into something more but i don't expect it to

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So the first lady who got head fucked drank Fresca too? I doubt it.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
the fresca stuff is just a long playing inside joke between kripke and the writers. they were talking about the scene where the eagle talks to the deep and brings him something to drink to be friendly... they were like, uh.. hey so what do you think he'd bring him? and one of the writers said "fresca." everyone laughed because of course a cult is going to drink fresca.

it COULD play into something more but i don't expect it to
Actually I think this would be the funniest way to go. Have someone confront them at the end about it, "what the fuck was up with the Fresca"? "Nothing, its just delicious"

About Black Noir. I havent gone back and looked, but when Maeve pulled up his mask for the silly candy bar scene, was his skin like all fucked up and burnt or blackened or something? Seems they are going a very different direction with him in the show vs comic if so?

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Actually I think this would be the funniest way to go. Have someone confront them at the end about it, "what the fuck was up with the Fresca"? "Nothing, its just delicious"

About Black Noir. I havent gone back and looked, but when Maeve pulled up his mask for the silly candy bar scene, was his skin like all fucked up and burnt or blackened or something? Seems they are going a very different direction with him in the show vs comic if so?
Yeah, I saw some people were trying to make the case that his and black noir are related in some way but it seemed pretty nonsensical.

But yeah he looked like a black deadpool

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The whole joke with the Fresca is that they're giving lemon juice to the fish hero.

• 1Worf

Khane

No, it's an acronym. Free Socially Conscious Antifascists. Checkmate Trumpers

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users