The Boys

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I have such cognitive dissonance with this show. They've done a pretty good job with writing the overarching plot to be consistent with character behavior and motivation, but the on-the-nose TDS stuff is soooo cringe. Like, other shows would have Starlight going back to Vought this episode because the plot needed her to have a confrontation with Homelander. This show played the long game of depowering Kimiko, which made her happy, showing Kimiko she values powers and the ability to protect the people she cares about, and using Starlight's access to compound V to get re-powered again.

I know it's not War and Peace by any stretch of the imagination, but compared to the lazy, weak writing we've gotten from the wokesters these past several years, this show's writing is very impressive.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I would agree the show in general is very well-constructed. Which is different from "outrageous," which it is also in spades.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
The twist at the end was nice, it was pretty obvious and I know a lot of people have basically theorized it but you get so caught up in Soldier Boy vs Homelander you forget that yeah, the only real obvious solution to Homelander's parentage is SB.

I liked Black Noir's scenes, seeing all that looney tunes shit was great. I'm still pretty confused on his powers, if he got parts of his goddamn brain hacked out I guess that explains why he doesn't talk anymore, but I wonder what else beyond omega level health regen he has.

Only 1 episode left for the season, feels like too much is left unresolved. I don't really whats going on in Butcher's mind and what he is planning. I don't get why Frenchie was so willing to go along with redosing Kimiko, I thought for sure he was gonna take it instead or also with her.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Stormfront is totally gonna be his Mom to make it even more fucked.

• 7Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 12 users

spronk

FPS noob

JaGP9jk.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That would explain where he got the energy for the eye beams..

I doubt it though.

As expected that episode was on the lighter side. So now we get Soldier Boy and Homelander verse the world? It would be funny if Soldier Boy was fucking with him just to make it even easier to take him out. I am bummed that the Temp V kills. I understand it should have consequence. I feel it is going to get a situation solved kind of treatment soon, as I do not see them killing off two main characters. The cartoons were c..c...c...cute. I love how minds are just broke in this show. The Deep.....that made me laugh out loud.

Ahhh cmon honey, whats wrong with a threesome? Once you go
1656708596693.png

You will never want humans. That was so great.

A good episode.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
That would explain where he got the energy for the eye beams..

I doubt it though.

As expected that episode was on the lighter side. So now we get Soldier Boy and Homelander verse the world? It would be funny if Soldier Boy was fucking with him just to make it even easier to take him out. I am bummed that the Temp V kills. I understand it should have consequence. I feel it is going to get a situation solved kind of treatment soon, as I do not see them killing off two main characters. The cartoons were c..c...c...cute. I love how minds are just broke in this show. The Deep.....that made me laugh out loud.

Ahhh cmon honey, whats wrong with a threesome? Once you go
View attachment 419918

You will never want humans. That was so great.

A good episode.
Not that I’m thinking too deeply about those scenes, but I have to REALLY suspend disbelief because there’s no way I’d ever get my boys near this, no matter how pretty it told me I was.
9589BC4D-D881-4E54-AC41-2DD6EAAB788E.jpeg

• 3Worf
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They never touched on that girl who was injected with V in episode 3 right?

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Homelander telling Maeve they're going to harvest her eggs is foreshadowing the fact that Stormfront/Liberty likely had her eggs harvested before becoming a supe. It would make sense to go that route for the show and stick with the supe + normal mom required for a kid. But then SB is going to learn the whole story about Ryan and Becca, not to mention Stormfront/Liberty and Homelanders involvement.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Homelander telling Maeve they're going to harvest her eggs is foreshadowing the fact that Stormfront/Liberty likely had her eggs harvested before becoming a supe. It would make sense to go that route for the show and stick with the supe + normal mom required for a kid. But then SB is going to learn the whole story about Ryan and Becca, not to mention Stormfront/Liberty and Homelanders involvement.

On the contrary, I think Homelander telling Maeve that he used to dream of having kids with her, and that the kids would have been perfect and "stronger than Ryan" hints at the possibility of two supe parents making a more powerful kid, and Homelander is very powerful.

I think that implies his mom was a supe too, and we know Soldier Boy was with Liberty back in 52 at least when they started Herogasm. It would also explain Stormfront's heartbreak when she realized Homelander didn't want to pursue her legacy once she was too crippled to do it herself (the ubermensch army) and she killed herself. Plus all the incestuous fucking obviously.

If that's the case Homelander looks nothing like his parents, but the fact that he looks like the perfect aryan poster boy would fit in with Liberty/Stormfront's plans and she probably would have asked Vogelbaum to make genetic changes for her own little ubermensch template.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
What's the full difference between the 2 versions

Compound V, labeled V24 as the most recent version, gives you perma super power but in season 1 it was shown to usually kill adults (so works best on children), was immensely painful, usually required multiple dosings I think, and sometimes gave you shit powers - the Sage Grove facility in S2 was filled with lame power supes who were injected as adults.

TempV gives you super powers for only 24 hours, and Starlight learned this week that it causes tumors and kills you after 3-5 doses. I think Butcher and Hughie have taken it 3-4 times so far? So they are close to dying. Obviously one simple solution is to simply V24 yourself (perma) since if you get healing factor it'll fix up whatever is messed up

I don't really get though how Vought/Stan thought tempV was gonna be ok, their goal was to sell it to the military to create temporary soldiers but i mean... when every soldier dies after 1-2 years on their 5th dose, what did they think was gonna happen, lol? Yeah yeah Agent Orange, Tuskegee, MKUltra, atom bombs, etc countries have a history of using soldiers as guinea pigs and not giving a shit but you'd think there would be some level of plausible deniability on Voughts part.

• 2Picard
  • 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
If anyone cares.

Erin doesn't look as terrible as she does in the photo posted above.

I think one of the things she did was laser her eye brows which just look terrible and uneven.

In thumbnail she looks gaunt and not Hollywood perfect teeth. Denim makes her look like a hillbilly

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Compound V, labeled V24 as the most recent version, gives you perma super power but in season 1 it was shown to usually kill adults (so works best on children), was immensely painful, usually required multiple dosings I think, and sometimes gave you shit powers - the Sage Grove facility in S2 was filled with lame power supes who were injected as adults.

TempV gives you super powers for only 24 hours, and Starlight learned this week that it causes tumors and kills you after 3-5 doses. I think Butcher and Hughie have taken it 3-4 times so far? So they are close to dying. Obviously one simple solution is to simply V24 yourself (perma) since if you get healing factor it'll fix up whatever is messed up

I don't really get though how Vought/Stan thought tempV was gonna be ok, their goal was to sell it to the military to create temporary soldiers but i mean... when every soldier dies after 1-2 years on their 5th dose, what did they think was gonna happen, lol? Yeah yeah Agent Orange, Tuskegee, MKUltra, atom bombs, etc countries have a history of using soldiers as guinea pigs and not giving a shit but you'd think there would be some level of plausible deniability on Voughts part.
no, v24 is the temp v. it's called v24 because it only works for 24 hours.

and i don't think the plan was to have it kill people after a few doses, i think that's just a side effect that they are trying to fix.

• 1Like