The Bridge-FX channel.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
The Bridge is an upcoming American police drama created by Meredith Stiehm and Elwood Reid that will air on the FX network.[1] Starring Mexican actorDemi?n Bichirand German actressDiane Kruger, the series is set to debut on FX onJuly 10, 2013
So tomorrow, apparently.

Based loosely on theDanish / Swedish TV series of the same name, The Bridge follows two police detectives ? one Mexican, one from the United States ? and their joint effort to investigate a serial killer menacing both nations along the Texas-Mexico border.[1] Their investigation is complicated by the rampant corruption and general apathy among the Mexican authorities and the violence of the powerful borderland drug cartels.[2] The show title refers to the Bridge of the Americas that serves as a border crossing between El Paso, Texas and Ju?rez, Chihuahua, Mexico, the setting of the series.[2]
uhxK1aW.jpg

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Did they reboot The killing already?
Actually, sort of yes: both shows are adaptations of Danish TV shows, the American versions run by women who used to work on Cold Case.

The Bridge is getting far better reviews than The Killing, however, and seems well worth your time to check out, especially given the slim TV pickings in the summer.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The previews/commercials for the Bridge have unique enough to peek my interest. I just hope I remember to set my recording tonight.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
The cartel drug wars are a pretty interesting backdrop for a show. I'll watch it for that, if nothing else.

Krag

Peasant
The original series was pretty good, so I'll check out the first few episodes at least. If nothing else just to see how they adapt the story, the trailer made it seem like at least a somewhat similar plot.

Regarding The Shield, I wouldn't get my hopes too high. The original was pretty much a 10 episode murder mystery so not really in the same vein I think.

spronk

FPS noob
i don't know anything about the show but ill watch it cuz peter bishops girlfriend is on it and she seems cool

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Gona give it a try, but if the chick detective has a kid and is about to leave on airplane to go live with her prince charming,im gonna fucking bail

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
maybe if they have the female not be such a bitch i could warm up to her a little better, and i understand its intentional. over the top so. im sure at some point she will have a breakdown and blather on about her dead sister and what happened to her is what turned her into a bitch and maybe surprise surprise her sister's death is linked to this case.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
maybe if they have the female not be such a bitch i could warm up to her a little better, and i understand its intentional. over the top so. im sure at some point she will have a breakdown and blather on about her dead sister and what happened to her is what turned her into a bitch and maybe surprise surprise her sister's death is linked to this case.
She has Asperger's Syndrome.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yes i read the review on it. i dont care what she has, i translate her behavior as "chafing my balls syndrome" and if she still hasnt cured her ass-burgers by the end of next week i will pass.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I found her annoying as fuck, too. IGN review nailed it - you're supposed to think that this girl is some kind of savant badass detective but we get no hint of that during the first episode. Until we find out some more motivation, she's just gonna be terrible.

I loved the Mexican detective, though. That guy was great. Would watch a show based on him any day.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
As terribad as The Killing is, I could tolerate that chick detective a hell of a lot more than this PMSing bimbo. Its a shame because mexican cop kicks ass