The Cloverfield Paradox (2018)

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah swapping universes would make more sense, but that wouldn't explain how the station ended up on the opposite side of the sun.
For that matter how the heck does the engineer end up in the wall given that the station was, again, on the opposite side of the sun.
Oh and how is she meant to get back to Earth at the end using the shuttle since they are ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE SUN!

The largest question I feel comes from asking " What did the dimension splitting have to do with Cloverfield at all"?

They could have just left out the entire planet earth portion of the movie and called the movie "The Particle Accelerator Paradox". It would have been a little better.

spronk

FPS noob
The largest question I feel comes from asking " What did the dimension splitting have to do with Cloverfield at all"?

They could have just left out the entire planet earth portion of the movie and called the movie "The Particle Accelerator Paradox". It would have been a little better.

Thats what it was pitched and filmed as, The God Particle, a riff sort of on the higgs boson particle accelerator stuff a few years ago where people were worried it would tear apart the universe, create a black hole, etc. Long after Bad Robot bought it and even AFTER they started filming, JJ Abrams quickly rewrote some stuff to tie the movie into The Cloverfield universe. Same thing happened with 10 Cloverfield. Only the first Cloverfield movie had the kaiju idea in mind, everything afterwards has been completely unrelated movie pitches reworked to fit into the cloverfield universe just with minor tweaks.

These are all bad pulp sci fi movies done on the super cheap, I assume modeled heavily after the 50s-80s B movies that spawned stuff like MST3K and Sharknado.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Are you using Windows 8? The Windows 10 Creator's Update enabled and fucked HDR up mightily on PC, I assume you aren't using Windows 10 because its a very common and much talked about problem on avs forum, MadVR included.

The author of MadVR (madshi) has himself said Windows 10 is fucked for HDR and recommends Windows 8.1, especially with nvidia cards where new driver updates themselves bug out HDR:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-ho...assthrough-isn-t-working-12.html#post55591056

Latest nvidia updates may have fixed things though, just ran a LG sample MKV and Dunkirk MKV file that has HDR through MPC/MadVR and my LG says HDR mode is on, even though HDR Is off in Windows 10 for the monitor.

Ok so you're linking a post from last summer lol.

I'm on Windows 10, the only thing I've had to change recently was disabling full screen exclusive then hdr Nvidia worked fine

But you're now admitting it works, just reinforcing my belief based on other threads you're not that smart when it comes to htpc

Downloads multiple versions to compare hdr, can't get hdr working on his pc #justspronkthings

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
i have no idea who you are but you sound kinda mad and stalker-y, be sure to follow and like me on twitter

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
This movie was trash and I regret finishing it.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
At first when the husband was taking the kid down into the bunker, I was expecting John Goodman to walk around the corner.

• 1Mother of God

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
As a Cloverfield fanboy, I was greatly disappointed in this movie. It was such a far reach. I don't understand why they complicated this so much. They could have given this a generic backstory and just let the monster cause some chaos and just progress the story along, maybe establish a character or two, and work towards stopping the monster. Stuff happening on earth was so much better and more interesting but that was probably 20 mins of the 1.5 hours?

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
At first when the husband was taking the kid down into the bunker, I was expecting John Goodman to walk around the corner.

That would have been a good move tbh...like i said, the premise here was solid, the execution was not.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
This is essentially Super Mario Bros 2. Fucking take a project, slap some shit on it and call it a sequel .

Its time for Hollywood to fucking expel JJ Abrams. He has literally done nothing good with a billion in budgets.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Far from great, but nowhere near as bad as the self-righteous critics are making it out to be. It was a fun, albeit flawed watch. On Netlfix? Even better.

I may have had gripes if I paid 10 bucks to see it in the theater but on netflix it was a totally fine late night B movie silly syfy show. Effects were good quality and the acting was decent. The whole the earth ran out of energy thing hurt my brain. Its like okay I am seeing sunlight so clearly the earth has not run out of energy and presumably wind is still blowing.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think if the movie wasn't forced into the cloverfield world, with some minor tweaking it could have been pretty solid. The writing, I think, was a little too dependent on science magic, and today's audience just won't buy any of that nonsense.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I think if the movie wasn't forced into the cloverfield world, with some minor tweaking it could have been pretty solid. The writing, I think, was a little too dependent on science magic, and today's audience just won't buy any of that nonsense.
yea basically get rid of all the earth scenes, and that fucking textin shit.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Bad Robot's 'Kolma' Starring Daisy Ridley Might Be 'Cloverfield 5'

Kolma is an upcoming remake of the 2003 Israeli TV movie Kol Ma (All I’ve Got) and centres on a man who died in a car accident 50 years ago who waits on the other side for his former girlfriend who survived. When the woman dies, she’s given the choice of returning to the day of the accident to live again or being reunited with her love. It's being developed by Bad Robot. This didn't sound like a Cloverfield film, given its focus on the afterlife, but then I was informed that shortly after I made my original comment, Tagruato's website updated with an image of an Israeli news article from 1/30/2007 which discusses a road being closed for several weeks. Remember, that what tipped us off to The Cloverfield Paradox (formerly known as God Particle) being a Cloverfield film was a hidden audio file set on the ISS during the ARG of 10 Cloverfield Lane.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Can't wait for another 90 minutes of what I don't want for a 5 second glimpse of what I do.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I watched this last night, I had liked the first 2 Cloverfield movies, even with the second one being retro-fitted into a Cloverfield film at the 11th hour, at its core, it was still a really good movie.

I wanted to like this one, it had some good elements. Good production quality, the sets, etc really good. Pretty much all the actors did a good job. Plus the 'original idea' behind the main part of the story: Experiment with a radical new high-tech thingy causes a jump between alternate dimensions . . . all should have been good.

But no, it just did a bunch of stupid things to get a reaction, or gross you out. All the worms were inside that guy, gross!! . . . but why?? Oh and also the gyroscope . . . it's in there too.
The man's arm getting sucked into a wall section?? Then doing an Adam's family act after that.

And all the stuff with the husband back on Earth. Not needed, also it blantently was there only to slip in the few Cloverfield tie-ins.