Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Continental: From the World of John Wick

Genre: Action & Adventure, Crime

First aired: 2023-09-22

Creator: Greg Coolidge, Kirk Ward, Shawn Simmons

Cast: Mel Gibson, Colin Woodell, Mishel Prada, Ben Robson, Hubert Point-Du Jour, Kate Nhung, Jessica Allain, Ayomide Adegun, Jeremy Bobb, Peter Greene

Overview: As Winston Scott is dragged into the Hell-scape of 1970s New York City to face a past he thought he’d left behind, he charts a deadly course through New York’s mysterious underworld in a harrowing attempt to seize the iconic hotel, which serves as the meeting point for the world’s most dangerous criminals.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If this can be as good as Twisted Metal ill be happy. But I could see this being awful at the same time.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Awful lot of strong females of color for that era, but ok. Hopefully it is better than the trailer looks.

• 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I want to hate this so bad but I'm getting HUGE "Payback" vibes from Mel Gibson and well..I fuckin' love Mel.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, Mel rules. I'm glad he's still doing stuff. Maybe he'll direct again. Apocolypto ruled.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
out in 2 days, reviewers don't seem to like it

1695250879827.png

only 3 episodes so i'll get around to watching since its 70s and hitmen but yeah, i'd expect trash. all that SJW and you still couldn't win over gay reviewers, sadge

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
out in 2 days, reviewers don't seem to like it

View attachment 491500

only 3 episodes so i'll get around to watching since its 70s and hitmen but yeah, i'd expect trash. all that SJW and you still couldn't win over gay reviewers, sadge

really making up for lost time, eh?

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
I give it a 6. Over reliance of music to compensate for cool factor and also distracting since all well known songs. Instead of trying to one up Zach Snyder, do it less and make it mean more.

Choreography and violence is present but, execution is a definite step down. It stood out from the get go in the stairwell scene. Elements are there but just not selling it the same way we are used to.

Mel is fine, small amount of screen time.

Will finish off other episodes with reduced expectations.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
The appeal of JW is the over the top fighting scenes not it's lore, "mythology" or story telling. This is doomed to fail.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like this enough to keep watching. The fight scenes are done well. The characters are good enough, but I like the whole history of the ruling class. The " We were the power before Rome existed" idea is interesting.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
My favourite part is when a guy gets hit by a car and flies up into the air never to be seen again.

I didn’t hate this, some pacing issues and it’s a little insipid but it’s aight. Fun violence is fun.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The appeal of JW is the over the top fighting scenes not it's lore, "mythology" or story telling. This is doomed to fail.

The lore got ridiculous to the point of stupid, and everything kept getting retconned anyways. You watch it once then just skip to the action scenes on subsequent viewings

• 1Like

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
Just a hunch, but that's totally John Wick's mom and that would make Winston his uncle.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

This is the back story that you need to watch before the prequel to the sequel trilogy

TV show information provided by The Movie Database