The Crow (2019)

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Is there anything they won't fuck with? Probaly change it around a bit "because its 20xx" and it will be him and his gay lover that are murdered, and he comes back for vengeance blah blah.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children. Do you understand? Morphine is bad for you. Your daughter is out there on the streets waiting for you.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I have no idea how you remake this movie and have it be anywhere near thematically relevant today. It was so targeted to the early 90s in every way. Trying to force that on to 201X setting will never work, you'd have to make a different movie and may as well rename it. Generally not down on remakes with the right creativity or motivation, but kind of weary here.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it can work, but you need an actor with presence, somebody who doesnt look like a hawaiian beach bum. then you need some killer music for the soundtrack, new music by young artists. then you probably need to update the story so it doesnt match the original's beat for beat. then the villain, instead of some long hair white dude who runs a black and white detroit gang that burns down houses for profit, make it a little more relatable to today's youth as the embodiment of evil. a 1%er trying gentrify the ghetto! and for the love of god, do NOT go for nostalgia and do not aim it anyone over the age of 30. then maybe it can happen.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why does it have to be a remake anyway? Just use someone other than Eric Draven. I'd love to see a Crow movie based on Curare and Detective Salk, but god knows that would actually require original thinking on the part of Hollywood.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I really enjoy revenge movies so this movie will always have a place in my library. If the remake is a revenge movie I am in.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Why does it have to be a remake anyway? Just use someone other than Eric Draven. I'd love to see a Crow movie based on Curare and Detective Salk, but god knows that would actually require original thinking on the part of Hollywood.

Yeah, I'd be far more receptive to a new Crow other than Eric Draven.

Brandon Lee is Eric Draven, I even have the Hot Toys version of him as The Crow in my collection.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
The worst thing about that movie is that it caused massive faggotry every halloween because everyone wanted to be eric draven and all you needed was some dollar store face paint and dark clothes

Counterpoint :

0618753001458301733_filepicker.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think at least part of the costume change was because Borden's hair couldn't take the bleaching anymore.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

This is one of my favorite movies of all time.

I always wondered what the hell happened when they swallowed those bullets in the drinking game. I figured they just passed them whole, but that sounds pretty fucking painful and like something you'd never do just for fun.

fire-it-up-o.gif

khorum

Murder Apologist
I have no idea how you remake this movie and have it be anywhere near thematically relevant today. It was so targeted to the early 90s in every way. Trying to force that on to 201X setting will never work, you'd have to make a different movie and may as well rename it. Generally not down on remakes with the right creativity or motivation, but kind of weary here.

This.

If they remade it for a modern context the Crow would be some insufferably limp-wristed hipster CUCK who just sits there reliving his wife getting gang-raped all day while twangy singer-songwritery faggy folk music pollutes the soundtrack.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Maybe they can get Creed back together for the soundtrack. If they can find whatever cardboard box Scott Stapp is living under these days.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
if they bring these now old fart, washed up musicians back to do another soundtrack for this young people movie, then you know its gonna be a fucking bomb.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm

I completely agree. This movie is just so quintessential 90's culture. I have no idea how they would make it for today's millennials.