Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Crow

Genre: Romance, Action, Crime, Thriller, Fantasy

Director: Corin Hardy

Cast: Jason Momoa

Release: 2019-10-11

Plot: Eric, a poetic guitarist, is brought back to life by a crow a year after he and his fiancé are murdered.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I like the original and I got it on some bargain bin Blu Ray. That said look wise he would be good.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
lol, that dude is a mess, how does he keep getting work?
"who do you have in mind for the role?"

remember Khal Drogo from Game of thrones?
latest?cb=20110626031733

It probably went the same way for this guy

"Who is Gerad Butler?"

"remember the guy from 300?"
300-Movie-Publicity-Still-300-222372_1400_738.jpg

and he's been in this many movies since

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
well gerard butler fucking owned 300. i mean he looked like he was chewing every scene of that film with that same expression and it was awesome. khal drogo had maybe 20 minutes of screen time during the first season of GoT, then he was gone and from that they gave him conan which fucking bombed(and sucked) and then they cast him as Seaman and now this remake.

The Crow was awesome for 2 things. the incredible fucking soundtrack and brandon lee. oh and of course whats his name as the villain was pretty sweet. brandon lee was awesome because he was on the rise. khal drogo is not. i mean really he has very little presence other than being a good looking dude. and the soundtrack? i dunno what groundbreaking music are they gonna include? crow tapped into the whole Industrial sound which was just catching on at the time. are they gonna do that again? yeah man, tickle me unexcited.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
brandon lee was awesome because he was on the rise. khal drogo is not. i mean really he has very little presence other than being a good looking dude. and the soundtrack? i dunno what groundbreaking music are they gonna include? crow tapped into the whole Industrial sound which was just catching on at the time. are they gonna do that again? yeah man, tickle me unexcited.

Here's hoping they don't pull a Girlbusters and have the trailer song be Nu-dubstep.

Reserving judgement until I see it. He was decent in Red Road, and Wolves is actually a really good B movie mostly because he's in it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Liked him as Khal Drogo but this American Inventor ain't the crow. Plus didn't they try and make like 500 direct to dvd crow squeals that all sucked worse than the last. Buy an original script fucking a.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Here's hoping they don't pull a Girlbusters and have the trailer song be Nu-dubstep.

Reserving judgement until I see it. He was decent in Red Road, and Wolves is actually a really good B movie mostly because he's in it.
Eh, I don't know that Wolves was decent because of him really. I think a lot of people could have filled his role just fine, he just happens to be exactly a perfect fit (he looks like he should be a werewolf IRL). Lucas Till and the chicks's FABULOUS titties (seriously, fucking fabulous, I've watched that scene a couple times for "research") were the things that really made that movie somewhat watchable.

As far as The Crow, I think he's a terrible choice. He's too buff and, while he can certainly be menacing, he just doesn't feel anywhere near the same that Brandon Lee did. Like he's almost too Barney Badass. You need a guy that seems sort of normal at first, but can transform into something fairly terrifying. Not Mr. I'm Always Scowling and Pissed.

Of course, all this I just said skips over the fact that they shouldn't even be remaking the fucking movie in the first place. I mean, I don't even know that it was that great of a movie in the first place without Lee and the music to really elevate it above the mediocre it probably should have been. (Yes, I loved the movie, but I can admit that it was a perfect storm kind of thing that made it any good.)

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The worst thing about that movie is that it caused massive faggotry every halloween because everyone wanted to be eric draven and all you needed was some dollar store face paint and dark clothes

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Never had the run-ins with Crow fanboys, I just really dug the soundtrack and the main villain.

"Caw caw bang fuck I'm dead!" is still one of my favorite quotes of all time.

Momoa doesn't look like "the Crow" and unless it's a huge surprise, its just further proof hollywood doesn't know what good-decent movies from the past had in the first place. Can't effectively emulate what you don't even begin to understand.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm sure the actor playing the crow will be the least of our concerns.

I'm sure we'll all be thrilled when it's PG-13

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rais

Trakanon Raider
As long as the movie has a kick ass sound track like the original, go for it.

FIRE IT UP. FIRE IT UP

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I liked Jason Momoa before he was on game of thrones. Stargate Atlantis represent! Of course other actors from that show were never seen again..

• 1Like

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
90% of that movie was the soundtrack, large chunks of it felt like an extended music video, I don't see how they could really replicate it.

• 1Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
3 things the Crow had that made it awesome:

tumblr_o01ys0YLmJ1qhccldo1_500.gif

tumblr_m8jrz6S8oj1rt8mkvo1_250.gif

MI0002616084.jpg

And....
The first one is dead.
The second probably won't reprise the role.
Most of those bands don't exist anymore.

Oh yeah right....children.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Loved the crow, got it on DVD, watched it a dozen+ times, got the soundtrack on CD, listened a dozen+ times. The reasons it was awesome have been mentioned already, remake won't be worthwhile IMO.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Liked him as Khal Drogo but this Obama-son ain't the crow. Plus didn't they try and make like 500 direct to dvd crow squeals that all sucked worse than the last. Buy an original script fucking a.

Actually I thought Salvation (the third one) was quite enjoyable. Not as good as the original obviously, but way better than City of Angels and the unbelievably terrible Wicked Prayer.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe he will accidentally get shot halfway through filming but instead of cgi-in him into the remaining scenes they just say fuck it and quit.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database