The Crow

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
All the goth kids after this movie came out, it spawned a generation of edgelords.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>

Love the movie, wife and I watch it every Halloween night. Hard pass on the remake for me as well

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Goatface

still remember i drove 3 hours to go see it with friends and long time comic shop crowd. our group took up about 4 rows. the ac was broken and it was hot and air was stale as shit.

somewhere i still have a couple of hard covers signed by o'barr and a doodle.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I spent the tail end of the 90s in to the early 00s banging nothing but goth chicks that dressed up as The Crow for Halloween every year.

God I love this movie

• 4Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I spent the tail end of the 90s in to the early 00s banging nothing but goth chicks that dressed up as The Crow for Halloween every year.

so you were banging trans men? Do tell us more

• 1Garbage

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just watched this for the first time. It was alright, probably wont ever watch it again. Very dated but I did love all the 90s nostalgia and the soundtrack is excellent.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Exactly. If this movie was made today it would be trying to setup a cinematic universe instead of being some one off thing.
You mean like The Crow, The Crow: City of Angels, The Crow: Stairway to Heaven, The Crow: Salvation, and The Crow: Wicked Prayer?

• 1Worf

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
All the goth kids after this movie came out, it spawned a generation of edgelords.

As I was reading through the replies, I was thinking about linking this exact clip the whole time. It has been years since I watched the movie, and while I remember parts of it overall, this is the line that I'll never forget and comes instantly to mind whenever The Crow is brought up.

• 1Solidarity

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
This is where I first learned the whole Jesus joke about walking in to an Inn and handing the innkeeper 3 spikes and asking "put me up for the night?" Which quickly turned in to a whole "Why can't Jesus eat M&Ms?" joke for us.

For some reason I thought Lords of Acid was on this soundtrack, at least in my head it always was. Now looking it up that isn't the case. I wonder what soundtrack it was with "Out Comes the Evil."

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wonder what soundtrack it was with "Out Comes the Evil."
"Young Boys" was included in the motion picture soundtrack for Virtuosity. "The Crablouse" was played on the TV show Top Gear 2010 Specials, Episode 1: American Road Trip and was also featured in the teaser trailer for the 2011 film Sucker Punch. "Drink My Honey" is featured in the motion picture soundtrack for the 1995 film Strange Days.

Sure you aren't thinking of a different LoA song?

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Sure you aren't thinking of a different LoA song?

For sure I am not thinking of a different song in this context, but yes you may be correct that it may be a different song that led me to "Out Comes the Evil." Possible that it was the Strange Days soundtrack since that was 1995 and the closest to The Crow. *Edit: It was Strange Days b/c track #1 is Skunk Anansie which puts everything in place in my mind. lol, thanks for figuring that one out.

The only reason this is stuck in my head at all is that in 8th grade or whatever I did the intro editing for our Middle School morning news thing before Channel 1 News came on (where I first learned who Lisa Ling is), and I used that Lords of Acid song and all the teachers got pissed at me. Not sure I was allowed to do any more morning news intros. Also the video portion was taken from Beyond the Minds Eye, for even more nostaliga.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You mean like The Crow, The Crow: City of Angels, The Crow: Stairway to Heaven, The Crow: Salvation, and The Crow: Wicked Prayer?
lol well yeah that was typical hollywood greediness. The movie itself was a stand alone movie, everything after was just cash grab nonsense.

They also made a Sega Saturn game based off the crow. Absolutely horrific;

Goatface

1694181002262.png

• 1Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
This movie was awesome for its time much like the Wraith in the 80s. There’s just no way for these garbage remakes to ever recapture the context of WHEN the movies were released which is just as important as the film itself.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I wouldn't mind a remake if it was quality and they directly adapted the graphic novel. Zero need for a remake that is a copy of the original movie, or a new version.