The Current State of Vodka (or if you prefer all vodka comes from three distilleries)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Since the Justice for Zimmerman thread was just a thread about racism after a certain point, how about a thread with discussion about the current state of racism in America? I believe that racism still exists mainly due to socioeconomic factors that are highly systemic and self replicating. African Americans are perpetually kept within the lowest socioeconomic class as evident by the huge discrepancy of net worth of households. The median net worth of a black households is roughly 1/10th that of white households. This huge gap in wealth does not allow for an average black household to provide the same opportunities for their children as a white or even Hispanic household. This lack of opportunity in turn leaves blacks in low paying jobs or pursuing criminal careers, further fueling negative stereotypes.

Now these factors have nothing to due with an African American's race, as "race" as most people think of it does not truly exist (genetically). Instead these factors are caused over and over again by systemic programs to keep this one particular minority at the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder. This is evident by the hastier mobility of almost every other ethnicity that has immigrated to America, be it Asian, Italian, Irish. etc...

While it is clear that systemic policies to this date are still repressing African American communities in certain parts of the country a large portion of the responsibility to fix such inequalities does lie upon the African American community itself. Their current cultures that romanticize violence, the drug trade and other detrimental practices to society is now helping their situation. Part of the change must come from within their own community by electing officials and elevating suitable role models within their culture to enact change to the system that still represses them.

Clearly, racism still exists in developed nations. What does it constitute? Jokes on the internet? Burning crosses in a lawn? Eyeing down a suspicious person in a store? What is racism to you?

This seems like a fine place where all of us "internet jocks" can congregate and rip on Tanoomba essentially. Kangs gonna Kang.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bush left office, so then everyone needed to fill the void of who to make fun of and who to hate.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Fucking obamas kids.

And the driver was a coward piece of shit.
Clearly, racism still exists in developed nations. What does it constitute? Jokes on the internet? Burning crosses in a lawn? Eyeing down a suspicious person in a store? What is racism to you?
Racism will always exists so long as you look at yourself as anything other than a Human.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
rrr_img_39381.jpg

did you know that Jews control most of the American media? MORE YOU KNOW.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
A small but significant subset of the population of white males created, over a long period of time a worldwide socioeconomic system that is completely rigged against anyone that isn't already entrenched within the system. And they mostly don't even realize anything is wrong with what they did.

In response, basically everyone on the planet that's not a white male developed an irrational hatred of the general population of all white men regardless of their status within said system.

Conclusion: Human beings are all fucking stupid. I want to be a robot dinosaur when I grow up.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
Harlem used to be a nice tourist down, filled with music and amazing black culture that accommodated every white class...from middle to upper. Kinda makes you wonder what the fuck happened.

Statistics from 1940 show about 100 murders per year in Harlem, "but rape is very rare."[31] By 1950, essentially all of the whites had left Harlem and by 1960, much of the black middle class had departed. At the same time, control of organized crime shifted from Jewish and Italian syndicates to local black, Puerto Rican, and Cuban groups that were somewhat less formally organized.[29] At the time of the 1964 riots, the drug addiction rate in Harlem was ten times higher than the New York City average, and twelve times higher than the United States as a whole. Of the 30,000 drug addicts then estimated to live in New York City, 15,000 to 20,000 lived in Harlem. Property crime was pervasive, and the murder rate was six times higher than New York's average. Half of the children in Harlem grew up with one parent, or none, and lack of supervision contributed to juvenile delinquency; between 1953 and 1962, the crime rate among young people increased throughout New York City, but was consistently 50% higher in Harlem than in New York City as a whole.[32]

iannis

Musty Nester
Racism is far too variable, regional, and complex of a social interaction to have any sort of meaningful discussion of, or useful insights into, the topic when speaking in crass generalities. So there you go.

Love each other as I have loved you. Are we done here?

Melanin deficient Negroids.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i always find it interesting that when people talk about the ghettoes like its a black invention. before harlem became a black ghetto it was a white ghetto and a jewish ghetto. black people dont own the word poor. that area has been a black ghetto essentially for 60 yrs. why isnt sharpton helping those people get the fuck out of there? better question, why arent blacks helping themselves get the fuck out of there or at least try to make their home a safe and clean place to live?

-edit and while im at it. black people always say the cops are profiling them and are treated like criminals. simple answer why not stay in school and become a cop yourself and break the circle of prejudice?

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
yeh, we are not qualified for this shit. maybe I could be heh. Black history was one of my passion in the past. African disapora and Atlantic slavery, in particular. I do remember pieces and bits.

i always find it interesting that when people talk about the ghettoes like its a black invention. before harlem became a black ghetto it was a white ghetto and a jewish ghetto. black people dont own the word poor. that area has been a black ghetto essentially for 60 yrs. why isnt sharpton helping those people get the fuck out of there? better question, why arent blacks helping themselves get the fuck out of there or at least try to make their home a safe and clean place to live?
A lot of them did. It's just the poor blacks that are left behind. other racial groups moved out also. only blacks remained. odd. Chinatown isn't like that though. There are a lot of poor chinese in Chinatowns. Funny how different they are. There are a lot of poor whites in the South as well. Funny how no one talks about them and now we are just talking about "ending racism" and helping black...

I think that there will always be poor in the future, but they don't have to end up in thug culture.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
chinatown in NYC is a great place to visit. once you have chinese food there you wont want your local take out place's stuff

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Since the Justice for Zimmerman thread was just a thread about racism after a certain point, how about a thread with discussion about the current state of racism in America? I believe that racism still exists mainly due to socioeconomic factors that are highly systemic and self replicating brought along by blacks to themselves. African Americans perpetually keep themselves within the lowest socioeconomic class as evident by the huge discrepancy of net worth of households because if they didn't they would be shunned in their own community, and called uppity negros, or uncle toms. The median net worth of a black households is roughly 3/5th that of white households(citation for your absurd claim). This relatively small gap of 40% in wealth does not allow for an average black household to provide the same opportunities for their children as a white household, neither does the fact that most black households are single-parent(Citation). However, Hispanics have it slightly better, as their household income is 10% higher than blacks.. This lack of opportunity in turn leaves blacks looking up to "role models" in the african american culture that glorify criminal careers, further fueling negative stereotypes by causing the statistics to actually show those stereotypes as fact.

Now these factors have nothing to due with an African American's race, as "race" as most people think of it does not truly exist (genetically). Instead these factors are caused over and over again by systemic programs as well as the desire of their own community to keep themselves at the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder. This is evident by the hastier mobility of almost every other ethnicity that has immigrated to America, be it Asian, Italian, Irish. etc. But again, race has nothing to do with it. The fact that Asians, Italians, Irish, etc work hard to integrate into the American way of life, speak the language, and work hard go a long way toward their hasty mobility. Let's also note that Blacks are among the only race that is chronically single parent where as Whites, and Asians are the carnal opposite(Citation).

While it is clear that systemic policies to this date are still repressing African American communities in certain parts of the country a considerably larger portion of the responsibility to fix such inequalities does lie upon the African American community itself, which they continue to claim is absolutely zero part of their problem, with the exception of a few true black leaders, like Bill Cosby. Their current cultures that romanticize violence, criminal careers, the drug trade and other detrimental practices to society is not helping their situation. Part of the change must come from within their own community or the individual people thinking for themselves instead of having to have some "leader" guide them. Black people are really no different than white, hispanic, or anyone else. They are completely able to lead themselves as individuals.

Clearly, bigotry still exists in developed nations. What does it constitute? Jokes on the internet? Burning crosses in a lawn? Eyeing down a suspicious person in a store? What is bigotry to you?

This seems like a fine place where all of us "internet jocks" can congregate and rip on Tanoomba essentially. LOL, let me get some bigotry out right quick. Kangs gonna Kang. lol.
FIFY.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
i used to beat kids like that but i did it alone. 1vs1 all the way. korean way. after i am done, i said gg.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Aladain, blacks have 3/5ths the median net income as whites, but I stated median net wealth of a household. A white household has roughly 10x the wealth of a black one. Good to know you can't read.

Status
Not open for further replies.