The Current State of Vodka (or if you prefer all vodka comes from three distilleries)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have zero white guilt. Come at me bro!

If I could go back in time and change things, I'd make it so we never had slaves in America to begin with. So many problems solved!
That's so true because then we wouldn't even have black people here.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
We'd have some. Like (most of) the ones I've met that are normal people just looking to make a life in a new country, and not what we have now.

We'd have the neat hard working immigrant ones with spiffy accents and not the welfare class that feels they are owed something because oh what happened to their umpty ump ancestor.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
We probably would have followed Britain's lead and brought over the Indians. At least we'd have some awesome curry.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
poor orientals built your railroads for shitty wage.

and they didn't burn your city down.

EDIT: i don't think orientals sold slaves. Africans sold slaves, since they were too busy enslaving each other. It was part of their lifestyle. Rich Africans owned hundreds of slaves and built harem of beautiful black women to show their power and shit. hell, enslaving other tribe was great. You remove competition and at the same time you arm yourself with the greatest invention of mankind: Gun powder.

Europeans didn't even have a proper means to transport slaves through Pacific Ocean. Pacific Ocean was too turbulent and too fucking long. West American continent wasn't colonized enough or even surveyed by 1700s to mid 1700s when slave trade started to slow down and shit. With no railway, no means of fast transportation, it makes good economic sense to go after African slaves. And it made good economic and political sense for Africans to go after other tribes and sell them to Europeans.

I dunno if China would have sold their subjects as slaves though. They did exchange a number of eunuch and Chosun gave hundreds of their women as tribute to China. Chinese thought whites are fucking barbarians and shit. even Koreans, who adopted to their confucius system to the core (Chosun was, and remained to be until Sino-Japanese War, greatest and most loyal vassal to Ming/Qing Dynasty), Chinese called them "cooked barbarians." Chinese were racist as fuck.

Chris

Potato del Grande
We probably would have followed Britain's lead and brought over the Indians. At least we'd have some awesome curry.
Oh my god. I am so thankful for this, the amount of Indian food here is both insane and delicious. I imagine we have the reverse situation with Mexican food, not a lot of it (or them) here. In fact I would go so far to say that I have never seen a Mexican in real life or on UK TV.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Oh my god. I am so thankful for this, the amount of Indian food here is both insane and delicious. I imagine we have the reverse situation with Mexican food, not a lot of it (or them) here. In fact I would go so far to say that I have never seen a Mexican in real life or on UK TV.
I think I read that there are more Indian restaurants in London than any other style. Yum-yums. The women are hot too when they're young. I dunno wtf happens to them when they get old, though. Citation: Any Indian music video.

On Topic, kind of: Why is it that Americans predominantly used asians instead of AAs to build the railroads?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I think it's due to region. They mostly came off the boat on the west coast while blacks were east coast so they just kinda ended up doing the shit work of the area.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I think I read that there are more Indian restaurants in London than any other style. Yum-yums. The women are hot too when they're young. I dunno wtf happens to them when they get old, though. Citation: Any Indian music video.

On Topic, kind of: Why is it that Americans predominantly used asians instead of AAs to build the railroads?
Think it was just a west coast thing, as the Asians came in through California and were willing to work for cheap and the blacks didn't come out west as much. Which could have maybe released some post-Civil War tensions down South if there was more of an effort to get more ex-slaves to head out West. Just my thought.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
IIRC it was more along the lines of - whites started building the railroads (and even later built big chunks of the lines). They ended up using Chinese largely because there was a civil war going on over there at the time - and the shitty dangerous work (that still paid pretty decently) was a better alternative to being in the middle of a war - so the attrition rate of Chinese workers was much lower to the point companies would start strictly hiring Chinese as the basic laborers.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>

Probably because Asians aren't lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.