The D&D thread

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I started Lost Mines of Phandelver with my 2 brothers, cousin, and a mutual friend of ours. I'm DM.

I have to say it's been fun. It's a lot of work to DM, at least for me since I don't know all the core mechanics. But LMoP has so much content around it, and it holds your hand throughout. It's very manageable.

Last night we had a fun encounter in which 1 of the 2 fighters went down almost immediately. They had been steamrolling through up to this point, and they underestimated the new opponents.

It was looking dicey for the party, especially after the 2nd fighter went down to a series of really good rolls by me.
On his next turn, the second fighter that just dropped rolls a natural 20 on his death saving throw. He regains consciousness, crushes the guy who had just hit him, and completely turns the tide.

Good stuff.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
So can we talk d&d miniatures game sets from the early 2000s for a moment. Any of you remember the gargantuan black, white, green, and colossal redrawing they made? well they never made a green. I was wondering what model some of you that have them used to round out that size set?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider

the redhead is pissed beyond belief LOL...epic shit
Joe is the fucking man. I watched the whole campaign and it was well worth it. I never thought anyone would ninja loot in a PnP D&D game. He ninja looted the Hand of Vecna, healed up and ported away. It gets no better than that.

Cool part that WoTC canoned his character Arkhan into the D&D universe with the hand of Vecna and he's in the Descnet into Avernus module.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
This video popped in my head. It's an old one but the girl flipping the fuck out like the red head. Guy ninja loots and hearths out. Lol

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Joe is the fucking man. I watched the whole campaign and it was well worth it. I never thought anyone would ninja loot in a PnP D&D game. He ninja looted and ported out. It gets no better than that.

Cool part that WoTC canoned his character Arkhan into the D&D universe with the hand of Vecna and he's in the Descnet into Avernus module.

absolutely brutal hahahaha

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Watch Joe do over 300 points of damage with his paladin around the 2:39:52 mark.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There's an interview with Joe where he calls out Vin diesal's nerd cred. He's like... Listen, I know Vin says he plays... But I play with everyone in Hollywood and I don't know a SINGLE player who's ever HEARD of anyone who's played with him.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's interviews with people who he has been in movies with who have talked about how he made them play. Sounds like a dude who is jealous he never got invited.

• 1Like

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
I remember seeing an interview with judy dench from chronicles of riddick. And she said she played a game with him and I think Karl urban.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been running Dungeon of the Mad Mage recently for some buddies on roll20. Super fun so far. 8 hours in and almost done with level 1. Highly recommend so far. I am using the fan made supplement as well and it's worth every penny.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There's interviews with people who he has been in movies with who have talked about how he made them play. Sounds like a dude who is jealous he never got invited.

I remember seeing an interview with judy dench from chronicles of riddick. And she said she played a game with him and I think Karl urban.

yeah. i've seen a couple interviews where he definitely talks about playing and those he's played with. HOWEVER, when the critical role crew played celebri-dnd with him, it REAAAAAAAALLY came across like he only had an extremely basic knowledge of the game. mercer said that he was told to create a one shot for him, and then when he showed up, his PR guy told him he had to be elsewhere soon and only had 30 minutes to play. mercer also said vin was SSSUUUUUUUPPPER high so that might have explained why he seemed liked he hadn't really played.

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Been running Dungeon of the Mad Mage recently for some buddies on roll20. Super fun so far. 8 hours in and almost done with level 1. Highly recommend so far. I am using the fan made supplement as well and it's worth every penny.
Been doing the exact same thing using the companion, my pcs have made it to level 3 today. This thing is massive

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm running Lost Mines of Phandelver and the party is in Thundertree.
They're being pussies about the dragon. They want to leave and come back at 5th level.

I'm probably going to force it. It seems like it's meant to be done at level 3 or 4 the most.
I'm going to set it up that if they leave, their chance at this encounter and the dragon is gone or will be much harder.

• 2Like

Rime

<Donor>
The first time I ran LMoP, we had a really odd group... Totem Barbarian, Moon Druid, War Cleric, and some dual-wield Ranger. Three of the four of us picked up Sentinel, without knowing the others had (DM had a rule about not being allowed to tell each other what Feats/Skills/Spells we picked up, until we used them) and at level four, that poor YA Green Dragon was smoked. Each time he tried to fly away, he was grounded.

• 2Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haha see that's great. I feel like it has to be really hard. This is our first game and first Dragon.
We'll see how it goes. 2 fighters, cleric, rogue, mage. They've been steamrolling everything. I'm going to lure them in and breathe poison on them.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The first time I ran LMoP, we had a really odd group... Totem Barbarian, Moon Druid, War Cleric, and some dual-wield Ranger. Three of the four of us picked up Sentinel, without knowing the others had (DM had a rule about not being allowed to tell each other what Feats/Skills/Spells we picked up, until we used them) and at level four, that poor YA Green Dragon was smoked. Each time he tried to fly away, he was grounded.
By odd group you mean the most powerful?Totem Barbarian and Moon Druid both have insane HP. Having them in a party is enough to turn most encounters to mush.

• 1Solidarity

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My party of 5 players went back to the dragon after completing the rest of the adventure. They got smoked by the dragon. The first breath ko'd 3 of the 5. The great sword pally got a lucky round doing 50iah damage so he flew up and started dive bombing them. They ran away.

• 2Like