The D&D thread

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it's hilarious that so many of the woke cult are taking issue with Hasbros morality clause with D&Ds OGL.

They were 100% in support of it when it was used to crush anyone that wasn't preaching the 'message,' but now they're completely against it because they could be the next target.

Fuck 'em. Part of me wants some of these small, woke cult 'creators' to get absolutely butt-fucked by WotC so I can watch videos of them crying in the backroom of a real job on day 1.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
1674775921346.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 455666

"Here's a PDF of SRD 5.1 with the Creative Commons license. By simply publishing it, we place it under an irrevocable Creative Commons license. We'll get it hosted in a more convenient place next week. It was important that we take this step now, so there's no question."

Complete. Unconditional. Surrender.
I would like to imagine the people at WotC told the suits at Hasbro "hey we're the only part of your company still making money so don't fuck with us, or force us to fuck with our partners and customers."

That's probably not how it actually went, but I'd like to imagine it that way.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I would like to imagine the people at WotC told the suits at Hasbro "hey we're the only part of your company still making money so don't fuck with us, or force us to fuck with our partners and customers."

That's probably not how it actually went, but I'd like to imagine it that way.
Pretty sure seeing how they were pissing off the customers in the only profitable part of their business was a huge wake up call.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure seeing how they were pissing off the customers in the only profitable part of their business was a huge wake up call.
That's not how suits think though, they never admit mistakes. They'll double down, push on, and when it turns out to be a disaster, they'll go be suits somewhere else and someone new will have to pick up the pieces.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
That's not how suits think though, they never admit mistakes. They'll double down, push on, and when it turns out to be a disaster, they'll go be suits somewhere else and someone new will have to pick up the pieces.
You are mistaking CEO/CPO and board members. Board members have stock and need the company to make money for them to make money.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You are mistaking CEO/CPO and board members. Board members have stock and need the company to make money for them to make money.
I'm more talking about management and management consultants who would be pushing changes at this level. I don't think the board is getting into the finer points of the OGL, it's so fucking esoteric.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I'm more talking about management and management consultants who would be pushing changes at this level. I don't think the board is getting into the finer points of the OGL, it's so fucking esoteric.
No probably not but they would be in on the big picture direction and the anti OGL stuff has gotten a lot of press. Maybe they caught wind of it?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
No probably not but they would be in on the big picture direction and the anti OGL stuff has gotten a lot of press. Maybe they caught wind of it?
Yeah, that's my thinking. Someone(s) on the board got wind of all this, looked at the quarterly earnings and said "why are you trying to kill our only cash cow division we have, on the eve of a massive branding boon?" (the decent-enough looking movie.)

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It pleases me that everyone is still going forward with their own creations. WOTC may think that by falling on their sword they have somehow mitigated the long term damage, but you can't put this djinn back into the bottle.

It also means that VTT team they have cranking away at the OneD&D official-branded tabletop premium product now has the Eye of Sauron fixed on them. They now have to stand up and succeed purely on their own merits with a product that is demonstrably better than the other VTTs out there.

• 1Like

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
Ya know what I wish they did. Have the entire 1e 2e 3e 4e catalogs including novels all as printed to order. They sell billion copies.

I'd wish they had gone the route of higher quality better prices minis. Blind boxes are so lame.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Those bundles are doubly good if you use Fantasy Grounds/Roll 20 because you get a huge discount on the Fantasy Ground module that is roughly equal to 70-90% of the retail price of the PDF.

Outside of steals on Humble Bundle, the best way to do it (if you prefer physical books) is to subscribe to Paizos book service where you get a discount on the physical book, a free pdf of the book, and then that huge discount on the FG module. Obviously, this is a power-user move, but it's probably the cheapest way to cover all the bases.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Excellent business acumen. Piss off 65% of your base. I'm sure the percentage of white men that play the game is more than that, but a portion of those 'men' are limp-wristed, woke faggots that bob their heads and bark like seals in agreement with that WoTC cuck.

That interview was done on the 3 Black Halflings Podcast/YouTube channel and it's exactly what you'd expect with a name like that.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Game is pretty white, minorities get on board, now the white people have to leave? The fuck?

edit - imagine working under this lump of stool knowing that he thinks things will be better if all the white men left the team.

Last edited:
  • 3Like