The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

Cybsled

That would be interesting.

The Daily Show built up a lot of cred, so they would need someone who could shoulder that. John Oliver would have been great, but I don't see him leaving HBO unless they can the show.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This sucks. I love this show and John is a big part of that. Elections are a gold mine for this show.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Sometimes you loose something that simply cannot be replaced. This is one of those times. I suspect that after he's gone I'll look back on this much the same as when Johnny Carson retired and for people of my age, those are big, BIG words.

The Daily Show will likely go on with someone highly talented sitting at the desk, but that Daily Show will never be this Daily Show.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
I suppose I'm of a different mind. Jon Stewart had great moments and surpassed Craig Kilborn but, more recently, he seemed to be phoning in his job. I'd be excited to see another, young or proficient, comedian hungry for the job to take over the role.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
It seems like over the past couple of years they've had quite a few end of show farewells for a lot of the behind the scenes creative personnel who had been there for years. I wonder if that contributed to his decision.

spronk

FPS noob
stewart/colbert start a new political party in 2016, weed bacon and gay marriage for everyone

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Politicians feel so irrelevant now that they're just puppets who can't even get their arms to work. A show making fun of powerless puppets is even more irrelevant.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
John Hodgman seems like a good fit to replace him - he always fell in between John and Colbert and with both gone....

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They seriously need to go dig up Wyatt Cenac. Colbert was the only person on that show that was funnier than him.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wyatt Cenac was great but I can't see him anchoring the show. He's a full on Brooklyn hipster guy. He could clean back up of course, but he doesn't seem like he'd bring the right kind of funny to the host chair.

Bee/Jones husband and wife team idea has some potential. Though they might decide it feels too much like Weekend Update. Still I think this is the best possibility of people associated with the show right now. Or at least the most intriguing to me. I guess it would mean we'd lose them as field people, which would suck because they are both amazing at it, but they're always bringing in new younger people who fit the bill. Jordan Klepper and Jessica Jones are both good. And the new South African guy, Trevor Noah, has potential. Though I haven't seen him in the field yet.

I kind of wish Larry Wilmore was still an option, he's really got the desk anchor thing down and his version of mocking the news and politics if great while still being different enough that it would feel like his own show.

Aasif Mandvi isn't a bad option.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They should do more field segments. Making fun of national politics is getting them nowhere, because national politics is going nowhere.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
vaya con dios you hackneyed jew pussy fuck
1392377596857.jpg

15 years is a long time to host a show. He had a great run. Hopefully he takes some time off and then gets doing stuff. He did direct a movie that came out last year. Maybe do some more stuff like that. He didn't really have the same kind of energy lately he used to. Be a shame if he just quit altogether like Carson.

iannis

Musty Nester
It's time for Norm McDonald!
YES. Seriously. Yes. That would actually bring the humor back to it.

None of Stewarts current cast is going to be able to replace him. Oh, one of them will probably be offered the show and take it for about six months. But it'll fucking suck. It'll just be unintentionally pretentious and snide. That show is Jon Stewart.

That said, Samantha Bee would do the best.