The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

iannis

Musty Nester
I never got Craig Ferguson. To be fair I only watched a few episodes, but he just seemed more silly than funny to me.

It is hard to imagine anyone taking Stewart's place though. That was *his* show and I always liked him because even though he was obviously liberal, he wasn't scared to give it to the Democrats when they were acting stupid.
Yeah, Craig is very silly a lot of the time.

His surface comedy is creepy old uncle comedy. You have to get to know him before it starts to get really funny. He's at his best when the guests are willing to come out and fuck with him right back.

spronk

FPS noob
i like ferguson but the few episodes of his i watched this year, he looked REALLY tired and not really into his job anymore. I seriously doubt he wants to do any more late night shows

he did interview the hottest actresses on the planet and fake or not it ways always fun, my favorite

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
i like ferguson but the few episodes of his i watched this year, he looked REALLY tired and not really into his job anymore. I seriously doubt he wants to do any more late night shows

he did interview the hottest actresses on the planet and fake or not it ways always fun, my favorite

Maybe he was just tired of working for CBS. That's gotta be like the worst.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, grats to CBS for shitting up two beds at the same time; their own and Comedy Central's.
Stewart's name was frequently rumored to be in the running for when Letterman decided to step down. There was even talk of FOX trying to court him so they could get into the late night game. The thing is, I doubt this is a decision Jon made overnight. Likely, it's something he's been thinking about for a while. I wouldn't be the least surprised to hear he was offered Letterman's gig first but turned it down. If he's on the fence about leaving The Daily Show because his heart's not in it anymore and he wants to spend more time with his family, what interest would he have taking a job that would effectively be an extra day of work and three more hours on television every week?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
What makes you think I was talking about Jon Stewart?

Though in fairness to CBS, apparently Craig Ferguson had decided to leave even before Letterman announced his retirement.

Fulorian

Golden Knight of the Realm
How have we run the gamut of the correspondents and not suggested Al Madrigal? He's by far the funniest and most in-depth/witty of the current crop, much moreso than Larry Wilmore was, in my opinion. I can't help but think Stewart was aware in his mind of his feelings on the matter when the Colbert thing happened, and since his production company is behind both Colbert and Wilmore's shows, I would wonder if he had his #1 and #2 picks for replacements in place ahead of time. Lets face it, even though the network technically has the final choices, I suspect that Jon Stewart has had an immense role in deciding who his successor(s) are.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Lets face it, even though the network technically has the final choices, I suspect that Jon Stewart has had an immense role in deciding who his successor(s) are.
It's still up in the air atm, but he might stay on as producer for the show.

bleedat

Molten Core Raider
Good. now people may have to actually get news from a news source and not a comedian.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Can't think of anybody on par with Stewart, but if she could reign herself in a bit Sarah Silverman comes to mind as a decent possibility.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Really? I think she's pretty funny and has a good presentation. A little too liberal for me, and possibly too potty mouthed for the show, but otherwise I think she'd do ok.
Yeah, I just find her far too abrasive for the sake of being abrasive. If you look up sandy vagina in the dictionary, there is a picture of her as the definition. I don't care for her humour OR her political perspectives. Other than that, she's great.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I like her humor, but I don't think I can take her seriously as TDS host. That might just be the shitlord in me, ya' know.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If they are able to go on without Stewart and maintain a similar level of quality it will probably be with someone no one is expecting or perhaps has even heard of before. Stewart wasn't any sort of household name himself when he started.

iannis

Musty Nester
I like Silverman myself. Probably 60% of that is because she's pretty, but I mean.

She's still constructing classical jokes. When you see her she's gonna tell jokes, and there's a pattern to it. It's very structured. When you see CK or saw Carlin or even a guy like Carvey the structure is still there but it's a lot more free formed. CK doesn't go for 10 minutes without a laugh, but he -could-. And Stewart has grown into that comfort as well.

But you take a guy like Leno or Seinfeld and they told jokes. It's just a different form, not an inferior or superior one. I don't know the jargon for it. Actually I think that Silverman has been practicing the exact right form to replace Stewart. I don't think she should, I don't think it would work. But she's developed the skillset for the on-camera portion. And I can't think of a female comic who's better at it. For the thing that Silverman does (and it is a specific type of thing), she really is basically the expert at it.

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm with this. Stewart could go toe to toe with any of his guests. At least we still have Colbert coming back in another form at the end of the year.

You know who I think is smart as fuck? Russell Brand. Unfortunately he's mega-left. Like anarchy/co-op government/check yo privilege left. *shivers* gross.
Russell Brand was the first person I thought of that could get close to filling Stewarts shoes. Despite his personal views, I believe he'd be the best and would mostly keep his personal stuff out of it. Or maybe not, which could be good or bad depending on how it's done. It's not like John didn't show his personal views much of the time.