The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What is he going to do then? More movies?
danny_de_vito_jon_stewart_death_to_smoochy_001.jpg

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I suppose I'm of a different mind. Jon Stewart had great moments and surpassed Craig Kilborn but, more recently, he seemed to be phoning in his job. I'd be excited to see another, young or proficient, comedian hungry for the job to take over the role.
I'm not saying this is the death of the show, but whoever they get to replace him will make the it more reflective of themselves. Even if the format is the same, it will be a different show. It won't be easy to find someone with Stewart's wit who is naturally personable to a wide variety of guests and still has the chops to ask insightful follow up questions in an interview.

Pete Dominick is probably the closest thing to that, though he's not as funny as Stewart and I doubt they could pull him away from his radio show now.

Fadaar

That guy
Just gonna say it..... Bill O'Reilly! Would make for a pretty epic April Fools if Comedy Central ran a story saying that in a few months.

spronk

FPS noob
it won't happen but bill burr would be great. probably a touch too old. I could see them offering the job to Louis CK, who may wanna stop touring and do a desk job but he is more or less the same age as Jon, isn't he

my new dream host would be Nathan Fieldman

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Louis CK kinda gets away with HBO freedom on FX, I doubt he'd consider it unless he wanted a work balance change.

Column_sl

shitlord
He said on Howard Stern he was retiring a year ago. Cited too much time away from his family, and he wanted to do some more movie projects either producing ,or directing.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Stewart replacing will suck just as much dick as Colbert replacement does. It will never be even close in quality.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
There's people out there that could take over and be just as funny, but i just don't see anyone out there that comes close to Stewart in intelligence. I think that's a big reason he's as trusted as he is. Whenever he gets into it with someone it's clear Stewart knows way more than whoever he's debating or calling BS on.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Politicians feel so irrelevant now that they're just puppets who can't even get their arms to work. A show making fun of powerless puppets is even more irrelevant.
I bet you're a lot of fun at parties. sheesh.

I think that Craig Ferguson could do it. He's a pretty sharp guy. It would be interesting to have a foreigner anchor that show, though. They make so much fun of American politics, I'm not sure it would have the same credibility if the host spoke with an accent.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think we've all been over this at length.

But Craig Ferguson would be great, I love the way he bullshits irreverently through interviews even better than Jon did.
Colbert was the wrong person to replace Letterman. CBS made a huge mistake by not giving Ferguson the 11:30 spot. He was the best Late Night host on TV by far. It's a shame he's doing that fucking game show now. What a waste of his talent.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
There's people out there that could take over and be just as funny, but i just don't see anyone out there that comes close to Stewart in intelligence. I think that's a big reason he's as trusted as he is. Whenever he gets into it with someone it's clear Stewart knows way more than whoever he's debating or calling BS on.
I'm with this. Stewart could go toe to toe with any of his guests. At least we still have Colbert coming back in another form at the end of the year.

You know who I think is smart as fuck? Russell Brand. Unfortunately he's mega-left. Like anarchy/co-op government/check yo privilege left. *shivers* gross.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I never got Craig Ferguson. To be fair I only watched a few episodes, but he just seemed more silly than funny to me.

It is hard to imagine anyone taking Stewart's place though. That was *his* show and I always liked him because even though he was obviously liberal, he wasn't scared to give it to the Democrats when they were acting stupid.