The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
This isn't a criminal case. Multiple lawyers have stated that phrasing is typical in exploratory findings for people filing a civil suit, which means it meets a legal standard and probably more than meets the NFL's burden of proof. It's essentially lawyerspeak for "yo, dese dudes did dis"

Just embrace it. You cheated, you got a way with it, you won another Super Bowl. I don't think any less of Brady, but I do find the fact that a large portion of the NFL fanbase will use this to discredit his entire career hilarious. He could win 3 more Super Bowls and people will always bring this shit up, it's fucking hysterical.

Tom Brady... probably... generally knew...

No, that meets no one's standard for proof.

It's not denial, it's just the truth. They found nothing, they released a 243 page report to corroborate their suspicions because they found nothing.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes. 23-22!

1025s4-steelersfumble.jpg

Best.game.ever. Big Ben for the win
Oh fuck you.

I still remember driving into work and hearing fucking MARK MADDEN say that was a fumble. You know the refs fucked you hard when that sack of shit is an advocate for a Steelers loss.

edit: No shit the Patriots cheated, it's a scumbag team from Boston with a history of cheating, do you honestly think they wouldn't cheat again? lol.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Haven't finished reading the entire report yet, but apparently Brady wasn't fully cooperative (refused to hand over phone logs) and Wells believes the deflated footballs didn't really provide an advantage. Kraft and BB had no involvement and didn't know it was going on. Okay. Fine Brady and maybe suspend him a game or two tops and move on. This entire thing is still laughable as far as "cheating" goes but if Brady did lie and refused to fully cooperate with the investigation, fuck him. I think that bothers me more than the entire thing of deflating footballs.

As an interesting side note, Kraft is claiming the Colts were found with 3 of 4 deflated footballs during the AFC game when the balls were measured, but that it was left out of the Wells Report because it didn't directly contribute to the reports objectives.

"What is not highlighted in the text of the report is that three of the Colts' four footballs measured by at least one official were under the required psi level. As far as we are aware, there is no comparable data available from any other game because, in the history of the NFL, psi levels of footballs have never been measured at halftime, in any climate. If they had been, based on what we now know, it is safe to assume that every cold-weather game was played with under inflated footballs. As compelling a case as the Wells Report may try to make, I am going to rely on the factual evidence of numerous scientists and engineers rather than inferences from circumstantial evidence.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Should just retire, the shame of this will never wash off. Hopefully they ban him from the HOF and vacate his SB wins.

Nah. The guy deserves the HOA and vacating superbowl wins is a bad look. Retiring would be even worse. Let him and Peyton duke it out for one more season and be done with it. But for fuck sake, be honest about the legacy.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I would be shocked if they suspended Brady for the season opener on Thursday night against the Steelers. He probably should be, just to send a message, but I doubt he will be. It's not one game would hurt the Pats anyway, and the chip on their shoulder all season would probably be worth it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I would be shocked if they suspended Brady for the season opener on Thursday night against the Steelers. He probably should be, just to send a message, but I doubt he will be. It's not one game would hurt the Pats anyway, and the chip on their shoulder all season would probably be worth it.
The NFL will tell Brady to appeal and they'll keep kicking the suspension back until a like week 7 game against the Bucs.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It is looking like Brady gets a suspension. It'll be appealed by the NFLPA undoubtedly.
How you holding up bro? PM me your mom's phone number so I can have her remove all shoelaces and belts from the house.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Didnt you hear no kids are playing pee wee football and they're all playing lacrosse. Football is going to go away in 10 years. Just like how soccer is the #1 sport in the country at the moment from all the kids that played soccer in my generation.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
True. He will retire with more rings than the Dolphins . How's that?