The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Top 10 pick? Trade down. 1st round top 10 soooo risky and the return is phenominal. You always need a solid rookie base. No one player saves you. You can ruin a player .

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can sorta buy this. Even as much as lines are valued now, I still think they should be valued even more (assuming deep draft/value for the pick is there). But I think those type receivers (remember too that Bryant was a late 1st round pick due mostly to character concerns) are worth 1sts.
I just feel like you can either turn later round WR's into good ones if the rest of your team is solid, or you can grab a guy like Desean Jackson in free agency. Other examples would be Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Boldin, and (even though he's been terrible with Miami) Wallace.

Plus, most football people say it generally takes 3-4 years for a WR to develop in the NFL; due to needing to learn how to run proper route trees. May as well try to pick a guy up after he's already done that. Would it be cheaper to just develop your own guy? Probably. But I think it's one area where you can get decent talent in free agency without killing the cap.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just feel like you can either turn later round WR's into good ones if the rest of your team is solid, or you can grab a guy like Desean Jackson in free agency. Other examples would be Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Boldin, and (even though he's been terrible with Miami) Wallace.

Plus, most football people say it generally takes 3-4 years for a WR to develop in the NFL; due to needing to learn how to run proper route trees. May as well try to pick a guy up after he's already done that. Would it be cheaper to just develop your own guy? Probably. But I think it's one area where you can get decent talent in free agency without killing the cap.
I just don't think any of the guys you named are in the same caliber as Julio Jones/AJ Green/Dez Bryant...to say nothing of the Megatrons of the world. Most of those guys can be very solid receivers at their role, but each has flaws.

radditsu

Amare Cooper is a cant miss. I think he is better ( and less injury prone) than Julio

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And I'm detecting some homerism in this post.
You really should be.

Though...I mean...

B3sWtFy.png

And last year

bZs2crs.png

Jordy gets no love either, but I guess with Rodgers throwing you the ball you get a little discounted.

What should really stick out though is ODB. Jesus Christ.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The Bengals went 4-12 in 2010. They had no QB. Drafted AJ Green with the 4th overall pick. Haven't missed playoffs since. If there is a guaranteed stud like that out there, you get him.

Green had a down year this season but that's mostly due to injury. He essentially missed five games (ruled out of three, played one snap in the ATL game, and got hurt minutes into the DEN game) and still had over 1000 yards. That's pretty phenomenal.

Fadaar

That guy
I am still hearing rumors all over PA that Chip 'Ditka' Kelly is going to go all in for Mariota. Would have to get that shit from the Bucs to be sure, either the Bucs or Titans going to snap him up, and that means trading pretty much the whole thing. I wonder if it is real or if Chip is just stoking up some draft day smoke and mirrors.
As a Bucs fan dear god I hope they do it. I really don't think either QB is worth taking #1 overall. Bucs need help in so many places, especially offensive line and pass rush.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I really don't get why ODB is his nickname. It doesn't make any sense. OBJ makes much more sense. His first name doesn't even have an apostrophe between O and d! Is it really necessary to reference Ol' Dirty Bastard?

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
His nickname IS OBJ. Only retards call him ODB.

Stay away from my players, assholes.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Didn't see this coming, I guess they are trying to cockblock a Rams move to LA:

AFC West rivals, the San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders, both frustrated with their home-city stadium situations, have decided to join forces on a Los Angeles stadium bid in case things don't work out in their current digs, according to an incredible report from the Los Angeles Times' Sam Farmer.

The Chargers and Raiders are working together to develop a proposal for a privately financed Los Angeles-area venue and plan to immediately seek a ballot initiative to get the voter support needed for it to be built.

Profundis

NY Jets in position to pull off draft day trade with Eagles for Marcus Mariotta

From the article:

Although the trade value chart devised by Jimmy Johnson in the 1990s provides a numerical representation of the value for draft picks, there are no hard-and-fast rules for what constitutes a reasonable swap. Fairness is in the eye of the beholder.

A win-win for the Jets and Kelly: The Eagles give up 2015 and 2016 first- and second-rounders for the No. 6 pick.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eagles fans must be ready to just shoot themselves. You're about to be outplayed by the fucking Jets? What the fuck do I know though, maybe it will be worth it. Also, how many fucking QB's are those two green teams going to shuffle around, Vick, Sanchez, now maybe Foles. What's next, Geno backing up Mariota?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
First and second round for two years for a no 6 overall? Seems like a terrible deal for the eagles

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Fucking A guys look to DC to learn your lesson! Humans are dumb therefore they are humans. There are no guarantees. They closest thing in the last twenty years to a sure bet at QB was Manning and Luck. Yet there was still a 1% chance with those guys. Everyone else (QBs) is a crapshoot.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess you don't see it as a number 6. You see it as the QB you covet?
I don't see it as a number six either, I see it as the next two years worth of first and second rounders. How much line, DB and WR talent are you potentially throwing away for this QB who is a "maybe" like pretty much all of them. If you are picking at six anyway, or you're in the top fifteen and are going to trade up with your second round pick for that year or something, but this is Dan Snyder level throwing away the team for one dude stupidity.

Maybe Chip doesn't give a fuck, either he looks like a genius and blows up the division or he gets canned down the road and goes to a super lucrative college gig somewhere like Harbaugh got.

Its a shitty looking idea to me from an organizational standpoint though. The Eagles aren't THAT good that this dude is the part that will get them winning now. Foles has looked perfectly capable of leading that team to the postseason to me.