The "Defeat Rajaah" Backlog Challenge (Ends May 31st @ 11:59 PM EST)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This month's backlog challenge is going to be a little different. As usually, the objective is just to beat games and post about it here for a chance to win fabulous prizes.

PRIZE #1 - Defeat Rajaah Challenge (WINNER-TAKE-ALL) - Going off of Howlongtobeat.com times and adding up scores as in previous challenges, except instead of a weighted random-off, this prize just goes directly to whoever has the highest score. $50 in whatever form you want: Gift card, Paypal, kilos, Vanessa Vanessa bathwater. The twist is that I can win this one! So you quite literally have to defeat me, the Backlog Challenge Final Boss. The good news is that I'll be moderately busy this month so the odds are pretty much against me, but when I do get to game, I go fast. If I win, I save $50, and a penny saved is a penny earned.

Prize #2 - Normal Backlog Challenge (WEIGHTED/RANDOMIZED) - A normal end-of-month weighted raffle with a prize of $50 in whatever form you want. As this is weighted, we're counting Howlongtobeat.com times as scores and adding it up that way to get a rough idea of the general size of the prey that you're bagging (or finishing bagging, as it were). Even if you only have one game on the board, you're included and have a chance, while people with more points will have a much higher chance of winning the raffle/prize. I'll be exempt from this challenge and won't be included in the final roll-off, obviously, so it's guaranteed to be someone who isn't me.

PRIZE #3 - "Everyone's A Winner" Participation Award (RANDOMIZED) - Now in Double or Nothing mode! Everyone with at least one game gets rolled off with equal chances for victory. I'm excluded from this one as well, obviously. This prize is determined last so that it doesn't lock out a potential winner for the top two prizes. Prize for this one is a cool $50, you filthy animals.

The prizes will go out in the first couple days of June. The same person can't win more than one prize, as that would defeat the spirit of the challenge. The first one is the only one I can win. ALSO, if anyone has any suggestions or things to add, now is the time to do it, before this really gets underway.

INSTRUCTIONS: After beating a game, post a screenshot of your finished trophy or other proof of completion (for a particularly large game that doesn't have timestamped trophies, like a Monster Hunter Tri on Wii kind of thing, consider posting a picture with that day's date included. Also Voter ID is required and mail-in ballots will not be tolerated). Consider sharing stories about how long the game was backlogged if it's been any real length of time, why it took a while to get to it, your struggles, etc.

You don't need to post any HLTB times in the actual posts or keep a tally running, unless you want to, as that'll all be added up at the end anyway and it just creates more work for people while they're posting. However DO make sure that your post includes this image at the bottom, or it may be missed during counting:

Completed.png

Amod Amod Can we get this thread pinned as the new backlog thread please, TY!

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Am I the only one that thought this would be a "who can beat Rajaah the most at investing" thread?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This month's backlog challenge is going to be a little different. As usually, the objective is just to beat games and post about it here for a chance to win fabulous prizes.

PRIZE #1 - Defeat Rajaah Challenge (WINNER-TAKE-ALL) - Going off of Howlongtobeat.com times and adding up scores as in previous challenges, except instead of a weighted random-off, this prize just goes directly to whoever has the highest score. $50 in whatever form you want: Gift card, Paypal, kilos, Vanessa Vanessa bathwater. The twist is that I can win this one! So you quite literally have to defeat me, the Backlog Challenge Final Boss. The good news is that I'll be moderately busy this month so the odds are pretty much against me, but when I do get to game, I go fast. If I win, I save $50, and a penny saved is a penny earned.

Prize #2 - Normal Backlog Challenge (WEIGHTED/RANDOMIZED) - A normal end-of-month weighted raffle with a prize of $50 in whatever form you want. As this is weighted, we're counting Howlongtobeat.com times as scores and adding it up that way to get a rough idea of the general size of the prey that you're bagging (or finishing bagging, as it were). Even if you only have one game on the board, you're included and have a chance, while people with more points will have a much higher chance of winning the raffle/prize. I'll be exempt from this challenge and won't be included in the final roll-off, obviously, so it's guaranteed to be someone who isn't me.

PRIZE #3 - "Everyone's A Winner" Participation Award (RANDOMIZED) - Everyone with at least one game gets rolled off with equal chances for victory. I'm excluded from this one as well, obviously. This prize is determined last so that it doesn't lock out a potential winner for the top two prizes. Prize for this one is $25, you filthy animals.

The prizes will go out in the first couple days of May. The same person can't win more than one prize, as that would defeat the spirit of the challenge. The first one is the only one I can win. ALSO, if anyone has any suggestions or things to add, now is the time to do it, before this really gets underway.

INSTRUCTIONS: After beating a game, post a screenshot of your finished trophy or other proof of completion (for a particularly large game that doesn't have timestamped trophies, like a Monster Hunter Tri on Wii kind of thing, consider posting a picture with that day's date included. Also Voter ID is required and mail-in ballots will not be tolerated). Consider sharing stories about how long the game was backlogged if it's been any real length of time, why it took a while to get to it, your struggles, etc.

You don't need to post any HLTB times in the actual posts or keep a tally running, unless you want to, as that'll all be added up at the end of the month anyway and it just creates more work for people while they're posting. However DO make sure that your post includes this image at the bottom, or it may be missed during counting:

View attachment 406249

I think there is a way to turn them off, but I'll read your post as soon as the icons all go away. Lol

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I think there is a way to turn them off, but I'll read your post as soon as the icons all go away. Lol

I'm still swamped with icons and it's making pretty much everything on here unreadable, meeeh.

Crone

PRIZE #3 - "Everyone's A Winner" Participation Award (RANDOMIZED) - Everyone with at least one game gets rolled off with equal chances for victory. I'm excluded from this one as well, obviously. This prize is determined last so that it doesn't lock out a potential winner for the top two prizes. Prize for this one is $25, you filthy animals.

The prizes will go out in the first couple days of May. The same person can't win more than one prize, as that would defeat the spirit of the challenge. The first one is the only one I can win. ALSO, if anyone has any suggestions or things to add, now is the time to do it, before this really gets underway.

You don't need to post any HLTB times in the actual posts or keep a tally running, unless you want to, as that'll all be added up at the end of the month anyway and it just creates more work for people while they're posting. However DO make sure that your post includes this image at the bottom, or it may be missed during counting:

View attachment 406249

I love it!!

Thanks for hosting. Is Utnayan Utnayan still providing the funding, or are we splitting it?

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 406276

23 hours

Working on blood dragon now

Blood Dragon is soooooo good, I wish I could play it for the first time again. At least I got the digital PS5 version for free cause of FC6 so I can play that. It isn't really any different from the PS3 version though, maybe a little sharper. Not a full-on remaster AFAIK.

I should play that next now that I'm thinking about it.

I will take prize 1 and 2 for $100 :)

Whoa, for real? Works for me! I guess I'll just be responsible for giving out prize #3's haul.

• 1Like

Crone

Blood Dragon is soooooo good, I wish I could play it for the first time again. At least I got the digital PS5 version for free cause of FC6 so I can play that. It isn't really any different from the PS3 version though, maybe a little sharper. Not a full-on remaster AFAIK.

Whoa, for real? Works for me! I guess I'll just be responsible for giving out prize #3's haul.
Nothing like popping 5 hours into an Indie game that scratches that MMO itch without it being a full blown MMO.

Mini Healer on Steam, should check it out!!

But anyway, I've never played Blood Dragon, but I have FC6, so I feel like I saw something about having it.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Uh playing that on the tv with 60HZ 4k looks a lot better lol. I dunno but I’m loving it all over it again. It’s much harder than Far Cry 6 kinda funny how much easier games have gotten.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Uh playing that on the tv with 60HZ 4k looks a lot better lol. I dunno but I’m loving it all over it again. It’s much harder than Far Cry 6 kinda funny how much easier games have gotten.

Oh it does look better? That's cool. I haven't done a side by side comparison and the PS5 Blood Dragon basically looks like what I remember the PS3 version looking like ten years ago. Course if I actually put them side by side I'd probably see that the PS3 version in 2022 doesn't look like it did to my brain in 2012.

F it, I'm playing it this week

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Oh it does look better? That's cool. I haven't done a side by side comparison and the PS5 Blood Dragon basically looks like what I remember the PS3 version looking like ten years ago. Course if I actually put them side by side I'd probably see that the PS3 version in 2022 doesn't look like it did to my brain in 2012.

Yeah definitely a remaster but not as amazing as say Skyrim remastered. Still worth it to play.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220404_152837.jpg

Finished Doom 64 after 25 years of wanting to check it out. Pretty short game but it was fantastic, probably my new favorite retro Doom. For a long time this was really hard to get to because I didn't have an N64, then when emulation came around for it, the game was way too dark to play. So it's pretty awesome to have a console HD port for this game in particular with vivid/bright images.

Completed.png

Crone

Downloaded it on Ubisoft Connect+ for free! Does it have the weird Coop like most of the other FC's? haha

Crone

So far this month I've touched RDR2 on PC and PS5. I think I'm going to continue on PC with that one as playing with a controller doesn't seem to make a huge difference. Started Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and I was going to VERSUS that against Metro Exodus to see which I liked more but Metro won't even launch for me. Maybe after tomorrow when I'm back to a 4k 16:9 screen instead of my ultra-wide? Farcry Blood Dragon is on the list as well and it's been installed. Hopped into an indie game Mini Healer on Steam, and played Phasmaphobia with some friends. I type it all out and I'm clearly gaming a lot, but no completions. I guess if I'm having fun though right?